Racism in Football

Zatman

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

If you joined in with that **** Konsa song, you're part of the problem.

What characteristics does he have? Well, he's black, so let's sing about his nob...

Couldn’t agree more with this. Worst song that I’ve heard sang by a large number at villa park in all the years I’ve been going.

It seems a lot of people just don’t get what is and isn’t acceptable. 

• Like 2

1) it's a shit chant

2) it has racial undertones 

3) it doesnt make **** sense! He drinks the lager he drinks the jager... What's that based on then, konsa the "lad"?? No he's not

Its shamelessly stolen from England fans following Maguires laddish photos and antics during the euros, I hate it, its everything wrong with modern chants, stolen, doesn't work and shit

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Incredibly, we managed to one-up that chant with the Marvelous one. 

Yeah the Marvelous one was far worse. 

But it was only ever a tiny minority of fans.

This Konsa one seems to have been adopted on a much larger scale. Mainly sung by middle aged white blokes who proclaim "There's nukkink racist about it" whilst being told explicitly why it is racist.

It's an embarrassment and needs to die.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I wonder what we'll be accused of being "ist" towards in 20 years when we're 40/50 year old gammons? :lol:

It's a stupid song though, I agree. 

The Konsa song is stupid and racist. I hope in 40 years we aren't so resistant to change as our current gammons, but that seems to be the circle of life.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting article about a BBC programme.

“If it happened and there was a black referee there,” he told BBC Three, “he would just walk everyone off the pitch.” He added: “White referees don’t understand.”

After scoring a penalty, Effiong had celebrated in front of the Hartlepool fans, for which he was given a yellow card, which the FA has upheld. 

“I’d cupped my ear to them, as if to say, yeah, there you go,” Effiong says, adding: “That’s when, obviously, the racist abuse started happening.

“The ref was saying that I sparked it all off with my celebration,” Effiong explains in the film, adding: “As a ref, you shouldn’t really be saying... it’s sort of saying that, because I did a celebration, I should now be receiving racial abuse.”

A burger was thrown at him and he was subjected to racist language and monkey gestures.

After being contacted, the referee said that the racism directed at Effiong was totally unacceptable, but that he may not have been abused had he not celebrated in front of Hartlepool supporters.

To me the referee is making excuses for his failings, and is partly culpable. If a ref is aware and does nothing, then in addition to fining the team, some form of penalty should be imposed on the ref too. Unsure what and this may seem harsh, but the referees need to step up and say, this is not **** acceptable. The FA also need to make penalties realistic, so it hurts. I appreciate racists gonna racist, but things have to change, seemingly we are reverting back to the 70s. I mean really, monkeys????

Calamity in Portugal where Moussa Marega walked off the pitch after constantly being racially abused by the Guimaraes supporters for 70 minutes.

As always the refs handles this in a terrible way and gives him a yellow card rather than protect the player.

327868ee-b26d-46b5-bb66-59d60fecf0df?fit=crop&h=286&q=50&w=806&s=2d0b02fc8eca42c4b66ec23e66fc97486e6d82bf

Â