Racism in Football

Zatman

You have to laugh how backwards it is, if you weren't aware you would think its a sketch show

They hired an artist with a speciality of drawing monkeys. Actually can't make it up

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, sne said:

So is the idea that we are all descendants of apes or what were they thinking? :blink:

Apparently, yes.  We're all, basically, monkeys and this represents that.  Even used different types of monkeys to portray it.  Not that you'd know from looking at the art without any explanation.

Possibly a good piece of art to use for something about "inclusion" or something but using monkeys for an anti-racism campaign is beyond bizarre.

I would suggest that this just "normalises" racist abuse as far as Ultras et al are concerned.

• Like 1

Even though this was commissioned some time ago, you'd think someone more recently would have realised what a bad idea it was with recent situations and scrapped it.

Seems like Italian FA has 1 or 2 clueless fools at the top and the sensible ones are not allowed a voice.

The Swedish FA has appealed UEFA's decision to clear the Romanian FA after their fans made monkey noises against Alexander Isak during the qualifiers in Bucharest.

UEFA probably don't want to punish a country where they have decided to host next summers EURO's despite them having huge issues with racism.

If the black players walked off the pitch I believe this would end the racism in the stadium. (im not saying it would end the issue of racism across society just in stadium)

"reporting it to the ref" and a few tannoy announcments isn't going to have much impact.  just walk off. 

However I believe not one of them has the bottle to do this. theyre too comfortable making the big money to upset the apple cart and are happy to put up with it, can use it as an excuse for a poor performance etc.

It's up to the black lads..... Just walk off the pitch mid game.

same with the gay players. happy to take the cash and run.

The power is in their hands.

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sorry mate but this is absolute shite. You're basically victim blaming.

It's "up to the black lads". **** that. It's not up to the black players at all. It's up to everyone. I agree that players walking off is a good idea, but not just the black players. Everyone should walk off.

As for the bits in bold. Give your head a wobble.

Its best to ignore this poster, you should see of the crap he spouts in main thread. its a poor troll ;) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I can't believe that I'm in agreement with Gary Neville.

There is a problem, but it's not a football problem, it's far more general than that. Gobshites at number 10 coming out with "The FA have to do more" just seems absurd to me. It's not football's responsibility to solve racism. If someone was racially abused in a supermarket you wouldn't hear "Well, Tesco need to do far more to solve this societal issue".

• Like 2

6 hours ago, screwdriver said:

If the black players walked off the pitch I believe this would end the racism in the stadium. (im not saying it would end the issue of racism across society just in stadium)

"reporting it to the ref" and a few tannoy announcments isn't going to have much impact.  just walk off. 

However I believe not one of them has the bottle to do this. theyre too comfortable making the big money to upset the apple cart and are happy to put up with it, can use it as an excuse for a poor performance etc.

It's up to the black lads..... Just walk off the pitch mid game.

same with the gay players. happy to take the cash and run.

The power is in their hands.

Do the following words mean anything to you?;

- common

- uneducated

- manual work

- factory

- laith operator

- clocking in

- old car

- the sun

- daily mail

- self employed (potentially)

- racist

Interesting post tho bro!

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

There is a problem, but it's not a football problem, it's far more general than that. Gobshites at number 10 coming out with "The FA have to do more" just seems absurd to me. It's not football's responsibility to solve racism. If someone was racially abused in a supermarket you wouldn't hear "Well, Tesco need to do far more to solve this societal issue".

A lot of what we are seeing is copy cat activity - sadly football attracts some low lifes, and these people will do anything for 5 minutes of notoriety - highly predictable then when kicked off with Mings recently - it got world wide press coverage, which planted the seed in the idea of low lifes up and down the country. I don't profess to have the answer - but national\international  press coverage will (at least in the short term) lead to a spike in such incidents.

I remember in the 70's and 80's peak hooliganism - initially footage of the nutters acting up was included in the highlight shows - which the yobo's loved "See us on tv last night - brilliant"  - its not the total answer but nowadays any incidents are rarley on national TV - the cameras shift away if they  inadvertently see something untoward going on.

Might be something to said for quietly identifying and punishing the culprits - without the big headlines - to me someone making monkey noises at a football match isn't headline news.      

Something just didn’t quite seem right from the start of this whole Rudiger incident. Just to get it clear in my head, there was 61,000 fans in the stadium, then 22 players, maybe about 100 stewards, 20 staff on both benches plus the 4 officials and he was the only person in the whole stadium who heard the alleged monkey chants??? 
Spurs’s investigation has proved “inconclusive” and not a single fan close to the alleged incident has come forward to say they heard any racist noises? Isn’t it possible that what Rudiger heard may have been just booing instead of monkey chants? And Gary “the moral knight” Nevilles “passionate” speech after the game was a complete waste of time?

Maybe

But at the same time a Chelsea fan got arrested for racist shouting at son at the same game so the overall point of we have a problem is this country in general and its creeping back in to football still stands, the suggestion that the FA and others high horse it with Bulgaria and Italy still stands, the argument that football does more than most but maybe not enough also stands 

Neville I think opens up an interesting debate about what football should be held responsible for, personally I still think its better inside a stadium than it is outside it 

2 hours ago, CoNnErS said:

Something just didn’t quite seem right from the start of this whole Rudiger incident. Just to get it clear in my head, there was 61,000 fans in the stadium, then 22 players, maybe about 100 stewards, 20 staff on both benches plus the 4 officials and he was the only person in the whole stadium who heard the alleged monkey chants??? 
Spurs’s investigation has proved “inconclusive” and not a single fan close to the alleged incident has come forward to say they heard any racist noises? Isn’t it possible that what Rudiger heard may have been just booing instead of monkey chants? And Gary “the moral knight” Nevilles “passionate” speech after the game was a complete waste of time?

I don't doubt for a second there were monkey chants. Football fans are thicker than reinforced concrete.

• 2 weeks later...

More sectarian abuse levelled at McClean, barely gets a mention by the mainstream media. Not first time he got it at Huddersfield either. 

He isn't the only player that doesn't wear a poppy

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

More sectarian abuse levelled at McClean, barely gets a mention by the mainstream media. Not first time he got it at Huddersfield either. 

He isn't the only player that doesn't wear a poppy

Poppy nazi-ism is **** stupid.

He's got every right to not wear one and always seems to explain himself admirably when he's asked about it.

• Like 4

On 23/12/2019 at 18:32, Davkaus said:

100%, I've said for some time now what a largely frivolous exercise trying to eradicate 'racism in football' is.

You're essentially asking someone, who is racist all week to not be racist for 90 minutes whilst in a football stadium.

It doesn't even come close to addressing the core issues.

It will get better, in my opinion it already has, if I consider things I thought appropriate as a kid and compare with today it's come on leaps and bounds (generally, not just football related). But through better identification of racism and more media coverage, combined with a rise in far-right politics and terms like 'snowflake' becoming mainstream it's a hot topic.

Give it another 20 years and once the current elderly generation has been cycled through to their demise and I think we'll see a big shift in general tolerance and respect.

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Poppy nazi-ism is **** stupid.

He's got every right to not wear one and always seems to explain himself admirably when he's asked about it.

I don't wear a poppy for this reason.

Not because I don't agree with the cause, but because it's been hijacked.

Game between Brescia and Lazio stopped after Mario Balotelli was subjected to racist chant by the away fans after scoring the first goal.

Lazio ended up winning the game 1-2

Â