Racism in Football

Zatman

Bulgaria have received their punishment from Uefa. £65,000 fine and 2 matches are to be played behind closed doors (1 of these is suspended so may not even happen). They must also display a "No To Racism" banner during the Czech Republic behind closed doors game. The English FA have also been fined £4,300 for fans booing the Bulgarian anthem.

Edited by LakotaDakota

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Behind closed doors or "behind closed doors" with 10k+ people in there? 

Ive seen Bulgaria play recently. A bigger punishment would be having to watch Bulgaria play

• Like 1

That barely even counts as a slap on the wrist. They were already playing pretty much behind closed doors anyway. It's also a punishment that affects the fans of the opposing teams who had nothing to do with their situation.

In other news, 2 Serie A players have today received a 1 game ban for blasphemy. It's good to know that the football authorities consider that the abuse of black men should carry a similar punishment to the mocking of character from a fairytale. 

Edited by av1

5 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Bulgaria have received their punishment from Uefa. £65,000 fine and 2 matches are to be played behind closed doors (1 of these is suspended so may not even happen). They must also display a "No To Racism" banner during the Czech Republic behind closed doors game. The English FA have also been fined £4,300 for fans booing the Bulgarian anthem.

What an absolute farce of an organisation UEFA/FIFA are, useless old leeches sucking money out of the game. 

They’re actually worse than Agents when you think about it in terms of taking money away, I mean wtf do they actually do to justify their salaries?

• Like 1

Peterborough United striker Ivan Toney has asked his club's supporters to change the words of a chant about him to make it more family friendly.

In a statement on the Peterborough club website, Toney said "the song is not offensive to me".

But he added that "it would be great to hear a new family version of the song so all of the young supporters in the stadium can join in too".

He also thanked fans for their support since he joined from Newcastle in 2018.

Toney said: "I want to thank the supporters for the way they have backed me since I arrived at the football club. It is great to feel loved by the fans."

The chant includes a line about the size of the 23-year-old Englishman's penis. It is similar to one Manchester United fans sang at former striker Romelu Lukaku in 2017.

On that occasion, anti-discrimination group Kick It Out contacted the Red Devils to ask their fans to stop singing it, saying the words were "offensive and discriminatory".

"Racist stereotypes are never acceptable, irrespective of any intention to show support for a player," added Kick It Out at the time.

Toney joined League One Peterborough in August 2018 and has scored 11 times in 17 games in all competitions this season to help take the team third in their division.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50228024?ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport&fbclid=IwAR04FrdBkW8Pk0M9Wd_wDLIpVKL7VMnQ8XlF_8W-sOGj0_GrTX5p8c1xor4&fbclid=IwAR15pCiXMtxr6aaQ6WevyqSzo51bzJvsgrwWTTbVdXPfrEFGEwdHUx5oa8s

My worry is that this might be manipulated cynically at some point in the not too distant future.

Lets say you’re 3-0 down after 20 minutes in a big game, Manager tells players to lie about racist abuse from the crowd so that they walk off and game gets abandoned.

I wouldn’t put it past some people to do that.

Honestly, sometimes the so-called "innocuous" or "well-intentioned" racist chants feel worse to me. Like black people aren't even human and are just a collection of stereotypes.

Liverpool fans and Origi are a great example. He will go down in history for them. Won them the European Cup against all odds with crucial goals. Tonight he scored an injury time equalizer that led them to eventually progress in the cup. And all these dipshits can sing and unfurl banners about in response is his **** dick. It's just baffling.

• Like 1

Completely none football related, but a joke was read out by a woman in my office today from a text she was sent.

I'm paraphrasing but it was along the lines of;

A man in a pub is telling a story to his friend..

Irishman was going to do a sky dive in a plane, black instructor said "time to jump".  'Paddy' gets nervous and says "I can't do it".  Instructor says as he gets his 14 inch dick out his trousers "Well if you don't I'll shove this up your arse."

man in pub asks "was it a shock?"

man telling story says "It was for the first couple of inches, but he was ok after that". 

I didn't say anything, but I thought "why did the sky diver have to be Irish?  and why did the instructor have to be black?"

**** stupid, lazy, worn out tropes. 

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Balotelli has walked off the pitch after racist abuse from Verona fans. Italian League again!

Hellas Verona again.

Matuidi, Kessie, Balotelli, Amadou Samb...

Club has some real rocket polishers for fans.

Â