Racism in Football

Zatman

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Hellas Verona again.

Matuidi, Kessie, Balotelli, Amadou Samb...

Club has some real rocket polishers for fans.

Nothing new, were racially abusing their own players about 20 years ago

Brescia's own fans have issued a written statement claiming it's basically Balotelli's fault and racism only exists to cause mass public hysteria.

They are his own teams fans.

If I was of colour, you could not pay me enough to go and entertain those cretins, I think I'd retire before considering playing in Italy.

Of course, authorities will do nothing, as per..........

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Brescia's own fans have issued a written statement claiming it's basically Balotelli's fault and racism only exists to cause mass public hysteria.

They are his own teams fans.

If I was of colour, you could not pay me enough to go and entertain those cretins, I think I'd retire before considering playing in Italy.

Of course, authorities will do nothing, as per..........

This is why I find criticism of Danny Rose's comments about his feelings on football so galling. Who the hell would want to play in front of and for these troglodytes?

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This is why I find criticism of Danny Rose's comments about his feelings on football so galling. Who the hell would want to play in front of and for these troglodytes?

It doesn’t excuse it but I think it’s apples and pears trying to compare racism in Italy vs UK, it’s front and centre in the politics and culture of Italy whereas, we at least try to distance ourselves from it here.

Maybe I’m wrong though.

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It doesn’t excuse it but I think it’s apples and pears trying to compare racism in Italy vs UK, it’s front and centre in the politics and culture of Italy whereas, we at least try to distance ourselves from it here.

Maybe I’m wrong though.

It's rotten apples to rotten pears, nobody would want to eat either. As weird as this sounds, give me the up front, mince-no-words racism of Italian football/society over the covert UK type that is slowly bubbling up inside and explodes when triggered (as Big Tammy found out). At least I know where they stand from the jump. Plus, British politics isn't exactly great in that regard right now, especially considering who the current PM is and what he's said and done in the past.

30 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's rotten apples to rotten pears, nobody would want to eat either. As weird as this sounds, give me the up front, mince-no-words racism of Italian football/society over the covert UK type that is slowly bubbling up inside and explodes when triggered (as Big Tammy found out). At least I know where they stand from the jump. Plus, British politics isn't exactly great in that regard right now, especially considering who the current PM is and what he's said and done in the past.

All true, although I think said PM represents a very small minority of the British public, whereas it seems to be the modus operandi for Italy.

Anyway, pointless debate is pointless, it's a bag of shite no matter how many partake and which country they reside in.

going slightly OT I started following some twitter account that was trying to expose the vitriol and out right bile on social media surrounding poppies, there are people out there calling BBC presenters every name under the sun and threatening them because they are wearing poppies on the wrong side (!) and things like that

it needs a massive pulling in, there are some proper nutters out there who are ridiculous over it

last post on the bugle, poppies on the shirt that are auctioned off then draw the line, I would hate us to get anywhere near what America are

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

going slightly OT I started following some twitter account that was trying to expose the vitriol and out right bile on social media surrounding poppies, there are people out there calling BBC presenters every name under the sun and threatening them because they are wearing poppies on the wrong side (!) and things like that

it needs a massive pulling in, there are some proper nutters out there who are ridiculous over it

last post on the bugle, poppies on the shirt that are auctioned off then draw the line, I would hate us to get anywhere near what America are

Here in Canada a famous hockey presenter was recently fired for criticizing "immigrants" for not wearing/buying poppies. What a weird thing to get mad about. I don't get why people have to out-patriot each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Here in Canada a famous hockey presenter was recently fired for criticizing "immigrants" for not wearing/buying poppies. What a weird thing to get mad about. I don't get why people have to out-patriot each other.

I did see a lot of football clubs have got an official poppy badge this year, including us but ours is unfortunately with the new badge, the only one I ever wore was this one but ive left it in England somewhere 

Aston Villa Old Crest Poppy Badge

my gran and grandad collect for the legion, I went and saw them last time I was home and gave them money, I don't have to wear one constantly or change my facebook or anything like that, just give them some cash every year, probably better in the things I don't get thread

On 13/11/2019 at 15:41, Keyblade said:

This is what annoys me you get people having a moan about people not wearing a poppy, you even had the Sun a few years ago shaming clubs that didn't put a poppy on their shirt. Then acting triumphantly when they had one the next time because they had managed to shame them into wearing one, what these people and tabloids don't seem to realise is that by forcing people to wear a poppy disrespects the people that the poppy represents as they fought for freedom which means people are free to choose whether they want to wear a poppy or not. 

Edited by Stuartc445
  • Like 4

Romania under further investigations after Alexander Isak was targeted by "fans" last week.

Be interesting to see what UEFA does if they manage to qualify for the Euro's and get to host a bunch of games.

Somehow I doubt they'll be forced to play in front of empty stadiums even thou they've been penalized a bunch of times in recent times.

57 minutes ago, sne said:

Somehow I doubt they'll be forced to play in front of empty stadiums even thou they've been penalized a bunch of times in recent times.

Just like Poland, Ukraine and Russia tournaments they wont have an impact especially as will probably be priced out by UEFA

Dutch games will start 1 minute late this weekend in protest due to racist incidents in some games in recent weeks. On another note a pretty good celebration from Wijnaldum and De Jong the other night

Image result for wijnaldum de jong

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Taison suspended 1 game for being racially attacked by Dynamo Kiev fans.

way to go Ukrainian FA

WTF

I know you have to take opportunities as they come, but I wouldn't even go to Eastern Europe to play football as a black player. It's not worth it.

Â