Racism in Football

Zatman

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

Liverpool taking a knee for the black lives matter campaign. It will probably go down better than the last time they decided to have an official response to a race related issue.  

Hide contents

I wonder if their club captain still has his Suarez t-shirt? 

SmartSelect_20200601-202324_Gallery.jpg

Not to mention the supporters of the racist and fascist Bolsonaro amongst them.

• 1 month later...

12 year old arrested by West Midlands Police for sending racist posts to Zaha. As was connected to the game today so presumably a Villa fan as well

A lot of questions to be asked about this 🙄

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

12 year old arrested by West Midlands Police for sending racist posts to Zaha. As was connected to the game today so presumably a Villa fan as well

A lot of questions to be asked about this 🙄

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/wilfried-zaha-racist-abuse-12-year-old-boy-arrested-by-police-a4496081.html

West Midlands Police have arrested a 12-year-old boy as they investigate racist tweets sent to Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha ahead of Sunday’s Premier League match against Aston Villa.

Zaha shared screenshots from his Instagram account on Twitter this morning after waking up to a series of abuse , including a threatening message accompanied by an image of the American white supremacist group, the Ku Klux Klan.

The message read: ''You better not score tomorrow your black c*** or I’ll come to your house dressed as a ghost.''

Crystal Palace issued a statement in response to the racial abuse via their official twitter account: ''This is an absolute disgrace and should not be happening. We stand with you, Wilf, and anyone else who has to suffer such horrific abuse.''

And West Midlands Police confirmed that a 12-year-old boy had been taken in custody.

A statement read: "We were alerted to a series of racist messages sent to a footballer today and after looking into them and conducting checks, we have arrested a boy.

"The 12-year-old from Solihull has been taken to custody. Thanks to everyone who raised it. Racism won't be tolerated. "

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson was asked his thoughts on the racist abuse aimed at Zaha in the lead-up to the match.

"It's very saddening that on the day of a game a player wakes up to this cowardly and despicable abuse," he told Sky Sports.

"But I think it's right that Wilf made people aware of it - I don't think this is something you should keep quiet about - I think it's very good that our club, Aston Villa as well and the Premier League are doing everything they can to find out who this despicable individual is and one can only hope that he will get identified and he will get called to account and that he will pay for these actions ... because there's literally no excuse."

The incident comes as English football continues to embrace the Black Lives Matter movement following the death of George Floyd last month.

Since the tragic events in America, all Premier League matches have seen players take the knee before kick-off in solidarity and support of the black community.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow just wow. 12 years old.

Disgusting little creep.  Make him meet zaha face to face and see how much of a man he is then.

He is 12 years old. he is clearly not the issue

Just now, Zatman said:

He is 12 years old. he is clearly not the issue

Sorry thats not a excuse. Was you racist at 12? I certainly wasnt.

Of course you can look at the family back ground but lets say his parents are decent human beings, he shouldnt be held accountable? 

12 year olds don't have a frippin clue what they are doing or saying.  One reason why he's too young to have an account. 

I would say 13 is too young as well to be honest. 

• 2 months later...

In the Norwegian league game between Aalesund FK and Kristiansund BK, the visitors’ striker and league top scorer Amahl Pelegrino was the subject of some truly disgusting racial abuse from a section of home fans. 200 fans are allowed in the stands, and you could clearly hear several individuals joining in chants like «you’re a f***ing monkey» and «monkey *clap*clap*clap*». 

Aalesund officials have, as you would expect, publicly apologised to Pelegrino, but their handling of the incident has turned into a farce. They’ve managed to identify ONE single culprit, even though it is obvious there is visual evidence of more people joining in the chants, and decided to give the person a 20 game ban. That is laughably mild, and shows that we still have a ways to go when it comes to taking racism in football seriously, even in Norway. 

• Sad 3

One thing I wonder about this one knee on the ground before a match.

If all these players are really supporting racism then thats good but what if you are a real racist,are you going to be the only player standing ( out of 22 ) on the pitch and thereby saying,to the world f#*@k blacks,I hate them.

Food for thought ?!

19 hours ago, Michelsen said:

In the Norwegian league game between Aalesund FK and Kristiansund BK, the visitors’ striker and league top scorer Amahl Pelegrino was the subject of some truly disgusting racial abuse from a section of home fans. 200 fans are allowed in the stands, and you could clearly hear several individuals joining in chants like «you’re a f***ing monkey» and «monkey *clap*clap*clap*». 

Aalesund officials have, as you would expect, publicly apologised to Pelegrino, but their handling of the incident has turned into a farce. They’ve managed to identify ONE single culprit, even though it is obvious there is visual evidence of more people joining in the chants, and decided to give the person a 20 game ban. That is laughably mild, and shows that we still have a ways to go when it comes to taking racism in football seriously, even in Norway. 

Yeah, that's really not strong enough a penalty. And just one person at that. That will count for nothing

I can't tell what a suitable penalty should be, but I think that people that are caught being racists like this should be forced to be educated. A thorough historical education on the subject and then some. Maybe that could teach these idiots why it's so stupid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

One thing I wonder about this one knee on the ground before a match.

If all these players are really supporting racism then thats good but what if you are a real racist,are you going to be the only player standing ( out of 22 ) on the pitch and thereby saying,to the world f#*@k blacks,I hate them.

Food for thought ?!

I don't think it's a scheme devised by the maverick FA detective to weed out racists.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

John Barnes... A man who can speak with so much common sense when it comes to racism that everyone should stand up and take notice... Only for him to follow it up with something so incomprehensively stupid that you then start to question everything he says undoing all the good stuff

Today it was Jurgen Klopp would have been sacked in his first 2 years if he was black

Foundless made up nonsense for effect that will be thrown in the bin and do more damage than good 

The daily Mail have run a story about Marcus Rashford spending some of his wealth on property investments

Campaigning football star Marcus Rashford has bought five luxury homes worth at least £2 million, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

The striker, 23, has ploughed an estimated £1.5 million into three houses on a new estate in Wilmslow, Cheshire, as well as buying a house and flat in Macclesfield.

He has mortgages from the Queen’s bank, Coutts, for all five properties, which were bought in the past three months. It is believed they will be used as buy-to-let investments.

To which he has responded 

“Ok, so let’s address this," he posted. "I’m 23. I came from little. I need to protect not just my future but my family’s too. To do that I made a decision at the beg of 2020 to start investing more in property. Please don’t run stories like this alongside refs to ‘campaigning’."

Is this Marcus getting some of the treatment that another black footballer Raheem Sterling was subjected to?

Theres a clear undertone of “how dare he” and as it’s the daily Mail it’s more than likely deliberate.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

The daily Mail have run a story about Marcus Rashford spending some of his wealth on property investments

Is this Marcus getting some of the treatment that another black footballer Raheem Sterling was subjected to?

Theres a clear undertone of “how dare he” and as it’s the daily Mail it’s more than likely deliberate.

The Heil are probably under orders to discredit him as he has spent the last few months making their Tory overlords look silly.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

I do not get the point of the article. They will be telling us next he pulls the chain after going to the toilet and breathes air 🤬the good for nothing, (Apart from feeding starving children are being good at football) creep

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:
2 hours ago, Genie said:

I do not get the point of the article

It's the **** Daily Heil. The whole point of which is to spread fear and loathing. To diminish others, to be bitter, insular, and encourage others to similarly restrictive outlooks. To hate.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's the **** Daily Heil. The whole point of which is to spread fear and loathing. To diminish others, to be bitter, insular, and encourage others to similarly restrictive outlooks. To hate.

That description would not be out of place in a dictionary listed  under bluenose

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

Â