Richard O’Kelly

alreadyexists

If its for personal reasons then, naturally, wishing him all the best. From a (selfish) footballing perspective, this is a devastating blow to pre-season preparations and adds more and more disruption to an already heavily fragmented pre-season set up. Smith and R'OK worked brilliantly together. A great shame.

Really do worry about the knock-on affect this will have on the team and will take a lot longer to settle the group, I fear.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Just came to post the same.

Starting to get the feeling that all is not as well as it appears behind the scenes to lose both Terry and ROK in the few weeks before the season starts.

Terry made sense if he had a job lined up but he didn't. I accepted his reasoning about not seeing the season through...but now with a second I'm unconvinced

Wouldn't surprise me if we told Terry to **** off after he told grealish he should be playing for a CL team.  Wasn't particularly liked around the place anyway I don't think

2 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

If its for personal reasons then, naturally, wishing him all the best. From a (selfish) footballing perspective, this is a devastating blow to pre-season preparations and adds more and more disruption to an already heavily fragmented pre-season set up. Smith and R'OK worked brilliantly together. A great shame.

Really do worry about the knock-on affect this will have on the team and will take a lot longer to settle the group, I fear.

Pre season is over. How can it be a devastating blow to pre season preparations? Hyperbole, achieved.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Hope he's alright. 

Would think we'll get another coach in with him and JT out of the door.

Yes, this had crossed my mind.   He is 64 now.

Whichever way you look at it this is not good news.

We've already lost big characters from the squad and backroom team, and this is another blow. We benefitted from a settled dressing room last year, a lot of upheaval means we'll have no such benefits this time around. Deano and Shakes have a lot of work on their hands.

Hope he's okay, seems a top bloke. 

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Pre season is over. How can it be a devastating blow to pre season preparations? Hyperbole, achieved.

In that sense no.

But is it an indicator all is not well behind the scenes. You often see a manager struggle without his desired right hand man.

I did wonder when CS was appointed - that it looked a bit crowded but that was a year ago now. Something must have happened - you don't just decide to call it a day 2 days before the season starts.

• Like 1

I’m starting to get nervy now. A couple of days before the start of the season and we’ve lost two coaches and our captain. I hope there was some planning around this…trust in the board and management but it doesn’t feel great. 

Â