Richard O’Kelly

alreadyexists

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Sorry, I couldn't work out if you were being serious or making a joke. Been a long day 

I was mucking about. I think that we were probably top heavy in the coaching department. The new set piece coach may have influenced this but let’s see what come out over the next few days..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Strog said:

I was mucking about. I think that we were probably top heavy in the coaching department. The new set piece coach may have influenced this but let’s see what come out over the next few days..

You'd think I could spot mucking about as that is all I do mostly.

The new set piece coach is something we've needed for ages, we are shite at them

• Like 1

It's a fact that ROK and JT were very active and vocal during games. Maybe the owners want Dean to be more of a presence on the touchline and act more like a manager than a head coach? To see if he's truly up to the task? After all, this is his third season in the Premier League. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

It's a fact that ROK and JT were very active and vocal during games. Maybe the owners want Dean to be more of a presence on the touchline and act more like a manager than a head coach? To see if he's truly up to the task? After all, this is his third season in the Premier League. 

Yes, I'd like to see Deano have a go at em once in a while. Cutler gets involved too, prepping the subs and stuff. Smiffy and Shaky, the new touchline double act 

33 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

if there was anything untoward, i.e. with a bust up etc then he wouldn't be still involved with the club. if he's going to the youth academy that says it's his decision to take a part time role (which presumably the academy is)

why must everyone read so much into every single thing

dean smith has given lovely statements to both ROK and JTs departures. there's nothing dodgy here.

The statement on the website says he's "departing Aston Villa" - doesn't say anything about the youth academy. 

If this was planned, it wouldn't be two days before our first fixture - so I think there is something to read into. I just hope it's not upsetting personal news, or anything of that nature. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Dean did say there would be a coaching restructure. Maybe as we aim higher, we need to bring different coaches in. Like we do with players. Some can do a job to a certain level, but to progress, you need an extra bit of excellence. 

Just a theory! Or it could be at 64, and back into training, he just doesn't think he can cope with the demands of it anymore. 

I'm sure we will be fine. 

Think that that's a fair assessment. The only thing that puzzles me is why 2 days before new season

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The main worry for me, is the timing.

Its not ideal but there is a positive in that the new players won't get used to a coach and then him leave. We have an opportunity to bring in a coach that can get the best out of the type of players we have. Personally, I would like to see a foreign coach with experience coaching in a different league. 

• Like 1

Â