Richard O’Kelly

alreadyexists

29 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Tough to tell from pics I've seen but I think O'Hare, Taylor & Tuanzebe were there.

He has probably never seen such consistency from fullbacks at the level he has coached at to be fair.  We are a totally different beast to anything he has coached before, the higher you go, the more you get players in areas of the pitch not renowned for attacking or technical excellence surprise you, this is just the level at big football clubs.

Take Taylor for example, I very much doubt he has seen a player with that ability to hit that 'open up the body/play the ball down the line/no pace/no inner whip/sail into the sidelines/dead pass' over and over again with such consistency. That's the level now boyo.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He has probably never seen such consistency from fullbacks at the level he has coached at to be fair.  We are a totally different beast to anything he has coached before, the higher you go, the more you get players in areas of the pitch not renowned for attacking or technical excellence surprise you, this is just the level at big football clubs.

Take Taylor for example, I very much doubt he has seen a player with that ability to hit that 'open up the body/play the ball down the line/no pace/no inner whip/sail into the sidelines/dead pass' over and over again with such consistency. That's the level now boyo.

And to see Alan Hutton dribbling the ball for 85 yards at full clip, and consistently launch a pinpoint cross into the car park must be astounding.

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Must say there’s something beautiful about the head coach and his assistant both having beautiful West Midlands/brummie* accents at :flag:

*not looking for a debate on exactly where their accents are from.

I’ve been thinking the same all afternoon.

It has me imagining a future PL 11 full of local kids under Smith and captained by Jack (captained by Jack, not our old friend captain Jack)

Kind of like Gregory’s all English 11 but this time Smith’s Brummie 11...

What? Could happen.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’ve been thinking the same all afternoon.

It has me imagining a future PL 11 full of local kids under Smith and captained by Jack (captained by Jack, not our old friend captain Jack)

Kind of like Gregory’s all English 11 but this time Smith’s Brummie 11...

What? Could happen.... 

Time to move the Gabby thread back into On-Topic ;)

• Haha 1

Watched his interview last night and I thought he sounded a bit too much in awe of the players.

Maybe a small thing but he might encounter a "what have you ever done?" attitude from some of them so I think should not have sounded like a little kid meeting his heroes so much.

Then again he did have John Terry sat next to him so maybe hands those comments over.....

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Watched his interview last night and I thought he sounded a bit too much in awe of the players.

Maybe a small thing but he might encounter a "what have you ever done?" attitude from some of them so I think should not have sounded like a little kid meeting his heroes so much.

Then again he did have John Terry sat next to him so maybe hands those comments over.....

He could always come back with summat like.........

Well teams coached by me normally play you lot off the park. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But really look at the players that were there—Taylor, Bree errrrrr Tuanzebe, and (presumably) Lansbury, Moreira, Bunn, O'Hare, Hutton, and whoever was there from the youth team (as everyone else is away on international duty). What he said in the interview was very positive, but give him some respect—he's been coaching professional footballers for a long time. He isn't a kid and those players at the club on Monday are all just squad players/youths. 

42 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

But really look at the players that were there—Taylor, Bree errrrrr Tuanzebe, and (presumably) Lansbury, Moreira, Bunn, O'Hare, Hutton, and whoever was there from the youth team (as everyone else is away on international duty). What he said in the interview was very positive, but give him some respect—he's been coaching professional footballers for a long time. He isn't a kid and those players at the club on Monday are all just squad players/youths. 

I’d guess that Jack was there as well. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Giving the fringe players a confidence boost?

I really think people over analyse things too much. lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Giving the fringe players a confidence boost?

I really think people over analyse things too much. lol

"So how have you found it so far?"

"I've got to be honest, I haven't been too impressed with the standard. There was some proper shit on display out there this afternoon. Absolute dross it was. Christ, you wouldn't believe."

"....."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

There are a few technically good players in the youth set up. Everybody should be trying to impress. Looks like a few have succeeded. Good.

I'd like to see O'Hare in squads at least.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The epitome of a training ground coach. Don't think it matters if you're a 17-year-old in your first 1st team session, or a guy who has just won the World Cup, ROK will treat you the same.

Been described as "the bad cop" numerous times by Smith and Terry, it's good there's a balance amongst the coaching team.

On 17/10/2018 at 13:32, sidcow said:

Nah. Smith won’t have people like that at the club.

Â