Richard O’Kelly

alreadyexists

In terms of the three assistant coaches, Shakespeare was always the star of that show - I do wonder if we've simply got to a point where O'Kelly was getting a little left behind in terms of quality. I've absolutely no idea or basis for that, though. 

• Like 1

Errr. OK. That's a strange one.

Not sure what's driven this. Losing him and Terry is a bit worrying, I'd assumed he would step up in Terry's absence if anything.

Perhaps Dean is in the process of recruiting younger coaches with different philosophies.

Just now, a m ole said:

I’m just glad that VillaTalk isn’t going to hypothesise wild scenarios with no basis about why he left because that would be silly.

until I see something from that 'beacon of truth'  Villareport i'm not going to speculate 👀

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Yeah there's no need to debate the reasons for a departure of an assistant manager 2 days before the season starts  - esp on a villa forum

You’re right, maybe Terry shagged his daughter.

He’s 64.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I’m just glad that VillaTalk isn’t going to hypothesise wild scenarios with no basis about why he left because that would be silly.

I think he was a hologram all along.

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I’ve heard that Elon Musk has snapped him up to be assistant on Space X. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I suggest all the dreamt up bits (so all of it 😉

Grealish said that he decided to leave after a conversation with Terry about playing in the CL.  Terry then leaves unexpectedly, followed by Grealish unexpectedly...those are the facts.

It is my belief that the owners would have been pleased about that and that it may have triggered a decision. It is also only my opinion that not many people were bothered when Terry left.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I wish Richard all the best for the future.

I know this won't be a popular view but I've felt for some time that he had too much input on the touchline during matches. It was usually him leading discussions and I would love to have seen Smith being more vocal and pro active.

I believe that while R O'K is a smashing guy, his lower league experience has meant that his coaching and tactical input has a lower ceiling than is needed to take the next step.

I hope that we now see Dean and Craig implement a more progressive style of play and a greater awareness and for example the need to use earlier subs and tactical changes during matches, probably with the assistance of a new more technical coaching replacement for JT and R'OK.

This is the season when we will see if Dean can make the step up that our recent investment requires. I think he can, but results and performances will decide.

9 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Isn't that the whole point of the site? If we were actually all ITK it would be a team meeting.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Adman said:

Grealish said that he decided to leave after a conversation with Terry about playing in the CL.  Terry then leaves unexpectedly, followed by Grealish unexpectedly...those are the facts.

It is my belief that the owners would have been pleased about that and that it may have triggered a decision. It is also only my opinion that not many people were bothered when Terry left.  

Have you actually read what Terry said??

Grealish said: I spoke to John Terry at Villa and he said when you’re standing there and hear the anthem playing, there’s nothing better.

That is far from him telling him to leave and a complete click bait headline piece of journalism (fact 😉)

I’ve heard/read nothing to suggest ROK/Terry were disliked around the club and as you say, this is your belief (not fact ;) )

• Like 2

Â