Richard O’Kelly

alreadyexists

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not just a good bloke but clearly a modern, progressive coach and an interesting man to listen to. The club should utilise him more PR wise.

The meedjah won't like his Brummie accent. 

• Like 3

I'm stuck between a RO'K and a hard place.

....seriously, I have no issues at all with Richard. I feel he has a amiable exterior and a hard interior.

He can look after himself and him and Dean gel perfectly.

The trio for me are a perfect fit, all having different attributes, but the same philosophy ...... it reminds me of Saunders,Barton & McLaren

Richard is not one to seek the limelight, in the same way Tony Barton didn't, down to Earth pragmatic sorts that when you speak football to them they just leave you in awe.

When a man has a total grip on his profession as Richard has.....Young Millionaire footballers will tap in to that not take the ****......The majority who have reached this level are on a mission to be the best, they are students of the game not free loaders like a few we have parted with.

Richard will be just fine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

When a man has a total grip on his profession as Richard has.....Young Millionaire footballers will tap in to that not take the ****......The majority who have reached this level are on a mission to be the best, they are students of the game not free loaders like a few we have parted with.

Richard will be just fine.

It also helps when you place such sharp focus on character in both your players and your coaching team. Hell that goes for Purslow as well, as much as I've learned not to trust CEO's he is built to win. At the very least I trust his desire to achieve that. 

I liked the honest from RO'K. Players love a moan, they're human beings, but they still crack on regardless which is far more important. 

• Like 2

If he had a foreign accent he be labelled a guru. Very sensible guy and can see why Smith has him on board. A good assistant manager is so underrated. No surprise MON did **** all since Robertson retired

• Like 2

He's brilliant, just love listening to him and hearing that lovely accent that I've been deprived of since I moved to Sheffield last year!

Talks a lot of sense, you can see that everyone on the coaching staff believe in each other and in the players and they all know what they want to achieve and how to get there.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, villaluke said:

not sure if you know but that was from august but funny enough hes done a new interview today 

I attached my comments to the wrong interview....so thanks, yes i did hear the right one.

I thought his observations were very good.

Edited by TRO

I love that he's here so much. Great contrast to the superstar John Terry in the coaching team. 

Said before I think Bruce was missing a guy like this. Proper training ground grease monkey.

• 1 year later...

Good article about O'Kelly, Doesn't get exposure he deserves like JT and Shakespeare but massively important to our progression.

The inside story of the ‘unsung hero’ helping Dean Smith transform Aston Villa 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-news-richard-okelly-20195633?fbclid=IwAR2qD5DLLLbWARHlDyC_zL0hW4ofl4zblTjHOqL1fMNV2j0swpL9DCB3LtA

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Anyone know what's happened to ROK? I haven't seen him stood next to Dean, Terry and Shakespeare for the last few games.

Com to think of it haven’t seen him either he’s usually with Cutler in the dugout,  Dean , JT and Shakespeare in the stands 

Â