Richard O’Kelly

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

You think it's perfectly normal for Smith's historic right hand man to **** off 48 hours before the season starts? No need to explain it to the fans?

Explain what exactly? The club have released a statement, that’s it. 

Not sure what the faux drama is about ROK leaving … could be for a plethora of reasons which probs won’t come to light … He may have said he would help set the team up pre season and then look to retire / move on … Or if your in to weird conspiracies I can speculate that this is part of Purslow’s plan to destabilise Smith so he can appoint Steven Gerrard … 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Explain what exactly? The club have released a statement, that’s it. 

This

What would you like the statement from him to say? 

He's been pushed out and he doesn't like it? He's ill? He's been offered a better job somewhere else? He's off to play golf in Portugal with Terry? 

Any kind of statement won't be near the truth if it was something negative so what do people expect? 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular, nor is it really a criticism, but I have never known a group of grown ass men on a forum get so worried and scared over the tiniest shit.

Yes it's a shame that RO'K has gone and I wish him all the best in the future, but stop trying invent reasons to worry. 

Image result for damn straight gif

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WHY said:

Plenty of managers have struggled without their right hand man. Brian Little was never as good without John Gregory for example.

You mean... ROK was the Peter Taylor to Deano's Cloughie? Gulp! 

Seriously, though, if Jedi steps up, our defensive midfield coaching should be interesting. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

You mean... ROK was the Peter Taylor to Deano's Cloughie? Gulp! 

Seriously, though, if Jedi steps up, our defensive midfield coaching should be interesting. 

I didn’t say that, I was just replying to someone else who said it didn’t matter about the right hand man as long as the main man was still in charge. I was just pointing out that some managers aren’t the same without their right hand man.

1 minute ago, WHY said:

I didn’t say that, I was just replying to someone else who said it didn’t matter about the right hand man as long as the main man was still in charge. I was just pointing out that some managers aren’t the same without their right hand man.

I know. I was joking. 

As usual, the actual norm is somewhere in between.

I don't see how it's sensationalist to wonder why the Managers LONG time right hand man has left 2 days before the seasons start.

It could be nothing, but it also could be something.

That doesn't mean everyone senses impending doom.

• Like 1

Timing strange but not an issue i would suggest. Maybe him and Deano have had a chat and agreed now is the best time for him to retire before the season starts. This is not a problem. Butler and Shakey are perfect foils for him .

Thanks for everything Richard . Now go and enjoy retirement and sorting the garden out that your missus has been in your ear about for years now 

The amazing thing about these coaching threads is none of us have a clue really which assistant coach does what. So many assumptions are made all the time about how much input someone has.

John Terry has been credited with so many coaching achievements in his time at Villa, mostly because people have heard of him, and assume a world class defender must be in charge of all the defensive work.

Similarly with ROK, we don’t know if he’s been winding down for ages, and waiting for the right moment to hand over. We just have no idea. The club has no real obligation to tell us exactly what has gone down, either.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't see how it's sensationalist to wonder why the Managers LONG time right hand man has left 2 days before the seasons start.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Say again, I didn’t quite catch that 

• Haha 4

Indeed. Indeed. Indeed. Indeed :)

Â