Richard O’Kelly

alreadyexists

I think when Leicester suffered after winning the League and Ranieri got sacked he made thinly veiled accusations that our remaining assistant coach was the one who had stirred it up behind the scenes and their working relationship became impossible, making allegations of being undermined and badmouthed to other staff continually, making stuff up etc. This was reported in a number of national newspapers at the time. Only one side of the story and only alleged. I just hope that this is zero to do with it, no shenanigans. I mean if he was ill or a family member, he would get a paid leave of absence to deal with things maybe prior to definitely wanting to quit completely. 

I can't get my head around it, could just be something's happened in his life that takes precedence over his job, but he loves Smith and being here. Terry went as he is bound to get a job soon enough, someone#s bound to get sacked about 6-10 games in, lower end of the Prem even or Championship.

I just hope R O K is well and that there isn't anything sinister behind this, behind the scenes, that has made him walk. It is a massive thing to do, just leave a job with nothing lined up.

The only other thing I can think of is, well, it was a quadruple rollover on the Lotto last night tho 

2 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Heard from someone high up in the club he’s retiring. Has recently had a second grandchild and wants to spend more time with family. Absolutely nothing untoward. 

Also heard that Jedinak may be making the step up and has been around the first team more and more the past two weeks. 

I hope you're right, much nicer than the health rumours.

2 minutes ago, crimski said:

I hope you're right, much nicer than the health rumours.

It’s from a reliable source mate. Hope he has a enjoyable retirement and all the best to him. Don’t think it’s anything to do with arguments amongst staff or whatnot 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Starting to worry about our season 😬

With a bit of luck, Smith and the other coaches will be able to cope for a few weeks until we get a new coach. Hopefully, we will get through this and there won't be too much need for you to worry

5 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Not a big deal to me. It's the man at the top that matters.

Plenty of managers have struggled without their right hand man. Brian Little was never as good without John Gregory for example.

It doesn't seem like this one was planned as the timing is awful. Is it possible that Shakespeare's influence is growing and ROK didn't want to be pushed aside ?

I suppose it makes it cheaper to sack Smith now if things don't go as planned (this is partly said in jest).

Lots of panic here. I would expect there’s a plan in place, if not already with Archie ‘set piece’ coming in.  Chill and let’s trust the club and keep the faith 🙏

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

With a bit of luck, Smith and the other coaches will be able to cope for a few weeks until we get a new coach. Hopefully, we will get through this and there won't be too much need for you to worry

Our star player and two top coaches leaving just before the season starts. Preseason friendlies cancelled left right and centre. New signings stuck in COVID isolation. 

I reckon you’d have to go back to the dark old days to find a preseason so chaotic 😬

I wouldn’t read too much in to Richard Kelly leaving the football club, he isn’t the  main man and Craig Shakespeare is still there too. There’s no loyalty left in the game, I bet he has another job lined up, although I think he did a good job in his tIme at the club. He seems to be a good coach, I wonder if he have anyone lined up to come in to replace him or maybe Craig Shakespeare could take his place, I don’t know. I wonder how this will affect the players and their start to the season, obviously I hope it doesn’t have an adverse effect but I fear it might. We’ve been here before with Martin O’Neill, remember? It took us a decade to recover from that :(

Just now, WHY said:

Why do we, it’s nobody business why someone leaves a job. 

You think it's perfectly normal for Smith's historic right hand man to **** off 48 hours before the season starts? No need to explain it to the fans?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wonder how this will affect the players and their start to the season, obviously I hope it doesn’t have an adverse effect but I fear it might.

WTF?

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t read too much in to Richard Kelly leaving the football club, he isn’t the  main man and Craig Shakespeare is still there too. There’s no loyalty left in the game, I bet he has another job lined up, although I think he did a good job in his tIme at the club. He seems to be a good coach, I wonder if he have anyone lined up to come in to replace him or maybe Craig Shakespeare could take his place, I don’t know. I wonder how this will affect the players and their start to the season, obviously I hope it doesn’t have an adverse effect but I fear it might. We’ve been here before with Martin O’Neill, remember? It took us a decade to recover from that :(

Last time I checked we were still managed by Dean Smith, not Richard O'Kelly. I hardly think it's the same.

• Like 1

Â