January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Seems like he refused to sign a new contract in the summer and has since not been part of the clubs plans after falling out with the club.

Apparently desperate for a move to England and turned down among others Fiorentina.

Juanfran has been talking to his brother/adviser and convinced him to sign for us.

Then again Spanish papers are full of a as much crap as English so pinch of salt until confirmed.

Mate i ain't sure that attitude is going help! As qualified scouts we are taught to stay away from players like that. Because of his strop the club have dropped him he could have knuckled down and fought for his place and made sure he is a fighter.

What happens if he does come here and is dropped or on bench for few games  what is his attitude going to be like then? His attitude seems questionable is my gripe although never seen him play so dunno what he is like.

Have a few spanish contacts going to ask them about him... One of my good friends is an agent close to Celta have asked him his thoughts on him

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

On 26/12/2018 at 20:17, TrentVilla said:

We aren’t “looking for players” at this stage, that’s largely long since done and targets identified and sounded out one way or another.

Now it’s about trying to get the deals done or over the line.

You mean the club don't login to VillaTalk on January 1st to see who we all want to sign along with the numerous suggestions to sign all of our former players?

7 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Mate i ain't sure that attitude is going help! As qualified scouts we are taught to stay away from players like that. Because of his strop the club have dropped him he could have knuckled down and fought for his place and made sure he is a fighter.

What happens if he does come here and is dropped or on bench for few days what is his attitude going to be like then? His attitude seems questionable is my gripe although never seen him play so dunno what he is like.

Always 2 sides to these kinda things.

Club made a hash of the Lobotka transfer and Radoja had a transfer fall through for whatever reason in the summer.

As much as players can be bell ends, so can club presidents and chairmen, as we know too well.

Edit; as long as we are a Championship club, and even should we get promoted we will be seen as a stepping stone for any ambitious player.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Always 2 sides to these kinda things.

Club made a hash of the Lobotka transfer and Radoja had a transfer fall through for whatever reason in the summer.

As much as players can be bell ends, so can club presidents and chairmen, as we know too well.

Edit; as long as we are a Championship club, and even should we get promoted we will be seen as a stepping stone for any ambitious player.

True mate!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

You mean the club don't login to VillaTalk on January 1st to see who we all want to sign along with the numerous suggestions to sign all of our former players?

No, although they might have done better having done so when he came to picking managers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

True mate!

Out of interest, as a scout when looking at a player do you ever check fan forums for general opinions and easy highlights of strengths / weaknesses? I know a lot will be reactionary comments to possible one off performances, but always thought it gives a half decent indication to how they will be. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Out of interest, as a scout when looking at a player do you ever check fan forums for general opinions and easy highlights of strengths / weaknesses? I know a lot will be reactionary comments to possible one off performances, but always thought it gives a half decent indication to how they will be. 

No, don't do that prefer go games and see with own eyes. I am not a massive fan of Instat, Wyscout and all stats behind it as too many Scouts/Clubs rely purely on that! (Can download full games off there in every league if pay full subscription otherwise it's short 1 to 2 min clips on any player you search for)

it's good to get a little view on the player using that software (It's around £10k a year just for Wyscout) then watch with own eyes at real game is best way and can judge a players strengths and weaknesses.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

No, don't do that prefer go games and see with own eyes. I am not a massive fan of Instat, Wyscout and all stats behind it as too many Scouts/Clubs rely purely on that! (Can download full games off there in every league if pay full subscription otherwise it's short 1 to 2 min clips on any player you search for)

it's good to get a little view on the player using that software (It's around £10k a year just for Wyscout) then watch with own eyes at real game is best way and can judge a players strengths and weaknesses.

Not asking for details etc, but always curious about scouting.

Do you work for a club or are you like a free Lancer?

Do scouts generally make an ok living or are there large variances in earning potential?

How easy is it to become a scout and be able to support yourself?, ie: is it a role you really need some background in or "knowing the right people"?

Sorry for the questions was always curious :P

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I'm currently a youth scout at Walsall, Used to work for St Mirren until August 2018 (but been speaking to the new manager closely and given him list of Jan targets) I also have a diploma as a Football Agent  as well as 9/10 qualifications as a scout in Football now and 1 coaching qualification! i work closely and making new contacts all the time i speak to likes of Asmir Begovic, Anatoliy Tymoshchuk (Assistant Manager of Zenit St Petersberg) and many others via Linkedin as well as.

In last few months freelancing at First Team level since i left St Mirren end of August i have helped a number of clubs (Reports or Suggestions) including few non league clubs, 2 League 2 clubs, A English Premiership Club, A top 6 Bundesliga German Club and a top level Austalian club and few other things going on

No real money in it all to be honest just expenses (Sometimes) get experience though which is vital...  until employed by a massive club full time then might get a wage.. I keep going as love it and to be fair it's a hobby when i'm not working full time.

To show you how much money there is... Blackpool wanted a full time (With degree) Sports Scientist and was willing to pay £10k a year a few months back.

Even Man Utd take on new scouts and don't offer them a penny. But need start to showing who that scout can bring to the table or to the club and then get taken seriously.

I recommend reading the book "The Nowhere Men" by Michael Calvin! The guy that found Wilfred Zaha playing park football in London for Palace only got £10 for finding him for his expenses.

Scouts poorest paid people in football alongside some of the coaches. But we do it for love rather than the money involved.. Hopefully that may come but i'm happy to work in football regardless

thanks for the response appreciated.

Reading that though, it almost sounds criminal, £10 for finding Zaha?, with all the money in football, the kinds of scenario's you are explaining seem almost like something that would go on in the third world (kind of like indian kids making £100 jumpers for a bowl of rice a day, while working 18 hour days 7 days a week).

Im amazed that with the money and prestige around world football, that the sport accepts that kind of blatant treatment of anyone involved in the sport.....amazing.......thanks for the overview though very interesting reading :P

I reckon any scout who find a player for X club, should get X amount of any future sell on fee......like 0.1 % or something!?!? (i dunno, just a number i threw in there 😜)

I wonder if 1 or 2 clubs offered something like that, it might encourage scouts to go to them immediately and bypass any other clubs as they know of the future potential earning on a "good player", might be a way to get all the good youth?, but prob doesnt work like that at all due to the networks today and the fact that almost everything about every player is probably already known (to a degree).

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

DCM with 2 caps for Serbia. Competes for the same spot as Matic and Fejsa so...

Seen him play a few times for Celta when Guidetti was there but cant say I really remember much as I didn't particularly study him.

Pretty tidy passer from what I remember (kinda have to be to play in La Liga) but a bit slow.

A quick look says he was on his way to West Ham in the summer but they ended up signing Sanchez.

Contract is up in the summer so shouldn't be too expensive.

Do we actually need a Defensive midfielder?  Where does Connor (along with his goals) fit?

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Do we actually need a Defensive midfielder?  Where does Connor (along with his goals) fit?

i'd say say mate: Our DMC options are Birkir, Jedi and Whelan all wrong side of 30! Need few younger players for specific games!

Only other one is Lyden and he is always injured and currently on loan at Oldham.

Conor will play at home but say at Leeds away someone in ilk of Nemanja Radoja might come in due to his age and energy level's  hopefully

Edited by Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

i'd say say mate: Our DMC options are Birkir, Jedi and Whelan all wrong side of 30! Need few younger players for specific games!

Only other one is Lyden and he is always injured and currently on loan at Oldham.

We dont actually use one though, we play a more attacking player there (Connor).

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Option my friend. Options

You think an international is coming to the championship to be an option?

If he comes he will be a starter.  

Now im not moaning, im sure he will be great, but it will affect our goal scoring options.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Nigel said:

You think an international is coming to the championship to be an option?

If he comes he will be a starter.  

Now im not moaning, im sure he will be great, but it will affect our goal scoring options.

Options yep, options

we’re Aston Villa we sign all the internationals we like.... Even Salifou was an international and he never played :)

“He played you like fool ohhh Sali Sali fou”

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Haha 1

Anyone seen the link to the Serbian CM from Celta Vigo?

Apparently Juanfran is in talks with his family for him to come here.

EDIT:

Aston Villa have tabled an offer to sign Celta Vigo midfield enforcer Nemanja Radoja with former Celta man and current Villa scout Juanfran in personal talks with his family to try and convince the player of a move, according to Radio Galega’s Ao Contraataque program.

The Spanish radio station, as relayed by Spanish football news website eldesmarque, claim that the Villans have placed an offer for the 25-year-old Serbian international, who himself is said to be keen on making a move to England with his contract running out at the end of the season.

It is stated that after tabling the offer to the La Liga outfit, Villa scout Juanfran has been in talks with the two-cap star’s brother in a bid to try and get a deal over the line.

Good move for Aston Villa?

While a new central midfielder is hardly the most pressing issue for the Villans right now, someone who can operate in a defensive role and break up the oppositions’ play would not go amiss in helping out the defence.

The likes of Mile Jedinak and Glenn Whelan have not shown the same ball winning tendencies they have in the past and so signing someone with plenty of years left on the clock, not to mention international experience, would be quite the coup.

The fact he has not played this season might be a bit of a worry for the Villans but a cut price deal, thanks to his contract status, should outweigh their concerns.

This is Futbol rating: 8/10

Likely to happen?

This one seems very much up in the air, and the fact Villa are needing to use Juanfran to convince the player and his family of the move might suggest they are not favourites to seal a deal.

He might well have his sights set higher than the Championship and so if they are going to sign him up, it would likely have to be a highly incentivised deal.

This is Futbol rating: 6/10

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/12/rumour-mill/aston-villa-table-offer-for-radoja-as-personal-talks-take-place/

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone seen the link to the Serbian CM from Celta Vigo?

Apparently Juanfran is in talks with his family for him to come here.

Are we sure JuanFran isnt  joint agent/scout for us? As agents Job is to talk to family. Scouts just recommended players to say Suso and Smith unless JuanFran has been asked to do both specially with suso Connectiond which is unusual for scout to approach family. Only do that at youth team level unless the players  agent is his brother ?

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2