January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

3 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

For Christmas I would like El Ghazi on a permanent deal, a left back, a center back and a goalkeeper. 

I wouldn't say no to another decent central midfielder. 

I think El Ghazi will wait to see if we get protomed before he makes a decision. His level ain't at championship

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

When Birkir and Lansbury comes back fit w have options there. That's the thing, we have options there. In defence we have no options, one or two injuries and we are screwed

Damn right. Collins will be useful, if he stays fit but the length of his contract makes me think we've got someone lined up in Jan. 

23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Damn right. Collins will be useful, if he stays fit but the length of his contract makes me think we've got someone lined up in Jan. 

He hasnt got any contract!

Edited by Nigel

40 minutes ago, Jareth said:

He has not been given one just yet, my take is that he is on emergency standby, whilst training with and getting to know the squad and setup etc and so that if anything was to happen to either Axel or Chester right now until January then we instantly sign him and he is ready and familiar with the setup.

The plus side is that he is not costing us a penny which is very asttute thinking all round.

On 07/12/2018 at 22:46, av1 said:

Based on nothing but rumours and Dyche admitting yesterday that Heaton could leave in January, I'm confident this could have legs. 

If we wanted him on loan and they were happy with that I don't see why Dyche would want everyone to be made aware of his availability. Could it be that they were or are now looking to sell him and are basically inviting offers or higher offers than we may have made them?

I had thought this had been more likely to happen before Burnley went public about this. 

When we enter the transfer market in January.....I hope the half time team talk from Darren Moore ,will echo in the ears of those that have the job of bringing new  players in.

" Lets get the ball out wide, and bodies in the box"

now we all know the implications of what that means.

Despite Dean playing some fabulous football, we need to nullify the likes of that statement much better than we are, if we want to go up.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

When we enter the transfer market in January.....I hope the half time team talk from Darren Moore ,will echo in the ears of those that have the job of bringing new  players in.

" Lets get the ball out wide, and bodies in the box"

now we all know the implications of what that means.

Despite Dean playing some fabulous football, we need to nullify the likes of that statement much better than we are, if we want to go up.

Aka new full backs, a new CB and a GK? :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Aka new full backs, a new CB and a GK? :)

Whilst we need new full backs you can’t blame Hutton for that goal. Phillips ran from the half way line to get in that position and Kodija just stood there. To be fair for him it’s not his natural position but 2 minutes to go he has to be doing his bit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst we need new full backs you can’t blame Hutton for that goal. Phillips ran from the half way line to get in that position and Kodija just stood there. To be fair for him it’s not his natural position but 2 minutes to go he has to be doing his bit.

Yeah to be fair I think Hutton has done pretty well and I actually rate Elmo at RB also, all I really mean is although they have done decent overall, to improve a as team we really do need upgrades in those positions.

Gk is by far the most important improvement we need though....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah to be fair I think Hutton has done pretty well and I actually rate Elmo at RB also, all I really mean is although they have done decent overall, to improve a as team we really do need upgrades in those positions.

Gk is by far the most important improvement we need though....

I think we could see Elmo and Hutton as full backs for the next few weeks. I know many will be happy with that. 

Bree is coming back from fitness and may live up to his potential under Smith. 

I cant believe we’ve now gone a season and a half with one recognised left back in the squad! 

• Like 1

On 08/12/2018 at 19:43, StewieGriffin said:

I'd take Fraser Forster from Southampton if we could get him - he seems to have stalled completely for some reason.

Need cover at centre back and left back, and then I think we're good to go

Fraser Forster is a great shout