January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

So you want us to become a senior center?

For 4 months yes . (John Terry is 4 years older than Baines and 5 years older than Cahill FWIW)

If Dean Smith has some young gems lined up then fair enough, get them in . I never said we should BUY Baines and Cahill but they'd improve the squad for 4 MONTHS.

People can laugh all they want but even now Baines is a MASSIVE improvement over Taylor. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

For 4 months yes . (John Terry is 4 years older than Baines and 5 years older than Cahill FWIW)

If Dean Smith has some young gems lined up then fair enough, get them in . I never said we should BUY Baines and Cahill but they'd improve the squad for 4 MONTHS.

People can laugh all they want but even now Baines is a MASSIVE improvement over Taylor. 

Agreed

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Agreed. 

I don’t even think Baines would be very good. But he’d still be a huge improvement on Taylor

3 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Barbet's a sure-fire bet, no?  Has played CB and LB under Smith and his contract is running down so should be on the cheapy-cheap.

As that is 2 positions we need to strengthen it would be a very sensible signing. 

Based on nothing but rumours and Dyche admitting yesterday that Heaton could leave in January, I'm confident this could have legs. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Based on nothing but rumours and Dyche admitting yesterday that Heaton could leave in January, I'm confident this could have legs. 

Fingers crossed.

We need a goalkeeper and a central defender IMO.

Just now, bobzy said:

Fingers crossed.

We need a goalkeeper and a central defender IMO.

Yep, put a decent back 5 behind our midfield/attack and I don't see us losing many games for the remainder of the season. 

17 minutes ago, av1 said:

As that is 2 positions we need to strengthen it would be a very sensible signing. 

Smith played him centre back for Brentford at first and then left back for most of last season.  I have no idea how good he is but I reckon this is a really good shout. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Smith played him centre back for Brentford at first and then left back for most of last season.  I have no idea how good he is but I reckon this is a really good shout. 

Agreed, the ability to cover the outfield positions we are in most need is a big selling point, as is the fact his contract is up at the end of the season with regard to our FFP considerations. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He's a pretty good player i've seen him play a fair few times. For a million or so probably no brainier

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Barbet is on the bench for Brentford, would he actually improve us?, and by improve us I mean be the man to make CB or LB his own and really be a long term player in that position???