January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Barbet is on the bench for Brentford, would he actually improve us?, and by improve us I mean be the man to make CB or LB his own and really be a long term player in that position???

I have no idea. But I do know if Chester or Axel get injured we have no other natural centre half to fill in. (Collins aside).

it could be difficult to find players that could improve the first team in January. Our final loan place will go on a goalie. After that hopefully the club try to sign players to improve us but if the right players aren’t available they need to at least strengthen the squad. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have no idea. But I do know if Chester or Axel get injured we have no other natural centre half to fill in. (Collins aside).

it could be difficult to find players that could improve the first team in January. Our final loan place will go on a goalie. After that hopefully the club try to sign players to improve us but if the right players aren’t available they need to at least strengthen the squad. 

yeah, if we cant buy to improve, ofc we need some cover, i just meant ideally if at all possible we should buy to improve, but i do see ur point.

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

I'd try and take Fraser Forster from Southampton. I feel he could get back to his best under Smith.

Heaton's only just coming back from injury and that concerns me. Forster is still a very good keeper

He had one of the worst Premier League seasons ever last season, not just by him but by any player. He was letting errors in everywhere

Maybe a change could do him good but wouldnt fill me with confidence 

Link

Aston Villa are reportedly interested in midfielder Baptiste Santamaria from French top-flight club Angers SCO.

According to Le 10 Sport, Villa scouts have been eyeing the 23-year-old after being deployed across Ligue 1.

We are so exposed to crosses and anyone who has any strength defensively, i respect Chester, he seems to read things well, but he is just too short imo for a CB, he's tiny, we need a commanding CB in Jan imo. (couple with the fact Tuanzebe is over 6ft but not as good in the air as his frame/height/strength would suggest - we are at real risk for anything crossed in)

In terms of the keeper, how possible is it to be working on a GK now and literally have them ready to join on the 1st Jan?, we really need it.

On top of that, a RB/LB would be nice.

If any money left, a holding / ball playing DM please :P

Edited by MaVilla

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Like the title change. If we keep nyland as no 1 until the summer we will not go up. It's as simple as that. Get Heaton in now. Ready for 1st jan

I think we will go up in that scenario but not hit automatic

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Midfielder is not what we need right now

A good deep lying midfielder who can hold position and isn't scared of responsibility would make us even more dominant in midfield.

Grealish and McGinn can't play every game from now until the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

A good deep lying midfielder who can hold position and isn't scared of responsibility would make us even more dominant in midfield.

Grealish and McGinn can't play every game from now until the end of the season.

When Birkir and Lansbury comes back fit w have options there. That's the thing, we have options there. In defence we have no options, one or two injuries and we are screwed

• Like 1

18 hours ago, av1 said:

Yep, put a decent back 5 behind our midfield/attack and I don't see us losing many games for the remainder of the season. 

A gauntlet thrown down to Darren England!

• Haha 1