Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I just find Dean Smith so infectious and a pleasure to listen to.  Open, honest and everything he says makes perfect sense.   Don’t think i’ll ever tire of listening to him.  

Dare I say it, but could he coach England one day?  Some way to go in his managerial and coaching development, but I think he could.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I just find Dean Smith so infectious and a pleasure to listen to.  Open, honest and everything he says makes perfect sense.   Don’t think i’ll ever tire of listening to him.  

Dare I say it, but could he coach England one day?  Some way to go in his managerial and coaching development, but I think he could.

Let's hope that England don't come knocking before we've won the League, FA Cup and Champions League ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its a bit of a cliche at this stage but if he was foreign or a more media friendly accent the media would be all over him

Thankfully for us he is slipping under the radar

Just an honest question. As an American what would be considered a more media friendly accent?  I have no problem understanding Dean in his interviews and Pressers. Jack can be a little difficult at times and well John, I love the guy, but I have any clue what he is trying to say. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I find this absolutely disgusting and disrespecting.

Someone tell EA that Dean Smith isn't a 90 year old man.

Yikes, that looks like the animated Jim Carrey from A Christmas Carol

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Why would he take the England job? The best managers manage clubs not countries. 

Edited by MotoMkali
Not

18 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I honestly think he will become a legend in the eyes of all Villa fans, even the doubters. 

Have to give credit to Smith for his performance in todays pre match conference.  Watch it now!

The journo digging away about Terry.... then telling SMith that grealish is just what Man utd need at the mo

Smith turned the tables magnificently by starting to  talk about wolves and Neves. It's so so true Wolves have been able to go quietly about their business improving season on season without any of the star names being even sniffed out by "so called big clubs"

It's time someone like Everton or Arsenal blew nuno out the water with an 8 figure salary and an unlimited supply of monatomic beard oil.

And how come neves can go under the radar for so long?  even Doherty  surely could double his salary somewhere else. Lets see how thwe wolfs  handle it when their manager and players get tapped up and become unsettled.

18 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Just an honest question. As an American what would be considered a more media friendly accent?  I have no problem understanding Dean in his interviews and Pressers. Jack can be a little difficult at times and well John, I love the guy, but I have any clue what he is trying to say. 

Southgate for one or Eddie Howe. Its nothing to do with his accent per se but the fact he is not a media man or a Londoner means he goes under the radar

I love Smith. Best manager we’ve had in years and I wouldn’t want anyone else in charge right now. 

But If i’m being completely honest do I find his press conferences a bit boring to watch.  But that’s probably because his such a nice respectful guy so it’s kind of a compliment. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Southgate for one or Eddie Howe. Its nothing to do with his accent per se but the fact he is not a media man or a Londoner means he goes under the radar

They both have nice middle-class English accents which makes them very attractive to the UK's media though. Fits in nicely with the 'glass of rioja and prawn tempura' way the game is going....

This is where Dean Smith earns his money. It's practically all gone right since he took over but now he needs to start making the hard calls. Everyone can see the stars of last year in McGinn and Mings clearly need a rest. He also needs to be thinking about how to deal with our strike situation.

• Like 1

Have no issues with him wanting to move Kodjia on in Jan however he should still be used as an option before then though in my opinion especially as Wesley is struggling. I hope this talk of no strikers coming in is just that, we desperately need some firepower - we need to spend in Jan. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You can rip Wes all you want, but what is Smith waiting for? An why play him for 90 minutes when he does next to fack all. In reality he is losing us games.

Yeah we'd have walked it against Chelsea otherwise.... 

🙄

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Not saying that chap, but maybe Kodj would have offered something, maybe even a goal.

Perhaps, maybe he'd have done nothing or maybe caused us to concede a third. I trust Smith to make those decisions because I think he knows better than I or you do. 

Just now, lexicon said:

Perhaps, maybe he'd have done nothing or maybe caused us to concede a third. I trust Smith to make those decisions because I think he knows better than I or you do. 

Well Smith needs to try something, cause i'm not seeing much progress since the begining of the season. Even though Chelsea are a better team (some say), we were very lethargic, not helped by Wes being completely useless in front of goal.

Â