Dean Smith

Demitri_C

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think it's obvious we lack squad depth.

People underestimate us even being without one or two players changes our whole dynamic and drops our levels massively.

Engels, Guibert, and El Ghazi make a huge difference.

As others have stated we are a work in progress.

We need better back up players than the likes of Taylor, and Elmo.

Fully agree. I would go so far as to say our first 11 is easily top ten quality and a prolific striker away from top 6. The drop off though is very steep as soon as you get to the bench.  Its probably why Smith persist so long with his starting 11 every game.  That's why I'm content with survival this season.  Next summer we can work on building a prem quality 18 man squad. 

Smith should not be untouchable. Since he had his new bumper new contract we've only accumulated 1 point.

Lecicestor had no hesitation in axing raneri when they went through a sticky patch.....after he'd won them the prem title. the butchers had no pity on him!

Fans went ballistic last season when we only had one fit centre half at the club. Bruce caught a bullet for that fiasco. and rightly so, it's worse than bad managment it's gross misconduct!

Now we have a similar situation up front. Its nothing short of a disgrace. I told anyone who'd listen in the summer we needed proven prem class. Even a veteran like Sturridge on the bench. Wesley could watch him in training, room together, be his mentor.

Jesus's head should roll for this, it's the one thing we didn't want to happen.

15 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Smith should not be untouchable. Since he had his new bumper new contract we've only accumulated 1 point.

Lecicestor had no hesitation in axing raneri when they went through a sticky patch.....after he'd won them the prem title. the butchers had no pity on him!

Fans went ballistic last season when we only had one fit centre half at the club. Bruce caught a bullet for that fiasco. and rightly so, it's worse than bad managment it's gross misconduct!

Now we have a similar situation up front. Its nothing short of a disgrace. I told anyone who'd listen in the summer we needed proven prem class. Even a veteran like Sturridge on the bench. Wesley could watch him in training, room together, be his mentor.

gary coleman wtf GIF

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Hahahahahahaha....oh and hahahaha 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

excuse me what GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, screwdriver said:

julie andrews shut up GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Fully agree. I would go so far as to say our first 11 is easily top ten quality and a prolific striker away from top 6. The drop off though is very steep as soon as you get to the bench.  Its probably why Smith persist so long with his starting 11 every game.  That's why I'm content with survival this season.  Next summer we can work on building a prem quality 18 man squad. 

Our squad is not top 10 quality in the slightest. 
I think people need to review their expectations

It’s a squad packed full of unknowns with probably only Heaton, Grealish and maybe McGinn who have the ability of real quality premier league players.

Its a bottom six squad which is exactly where    we find ourselves

We may improve after a while but we are not as good as you think we are

We lack ability on the ball, we are poor in possession and we are all over the shop without the ball at times

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

It’s a squad packed full of unknowns with probably only Heaton, Grealish and maybe McGinn who have the ability of real quality premier league players.

We lack ability on the ball, we are poor in possession and we are all over the shop without the ball at times

If you include McGinn, you include Luiz, Trez, Elgazi and ofcourse Mings. Were not a bad team just need consistancy and belief.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Season defining fixtures.

Need at least 9 pts here Smith.

Yeah, agree that by Jan 1st we will know if we are in a real relegation battle or closer to mid table.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tinker said:

We're not the finished article, it's a work in progress. We was always going to be in a relegation battle and we all knew that.......

Against Chelsea and Manure we have performed as well as I have seen since MON  and we was then an established top 6 team. Against our relegation rivals we have played well ,in fact very well and that is where our faith is coming from .

It's easy as fans ,( and entertaining) to see our mistakes made in games , individual and as team, but they don't define our season. 

Spot the issues , comment on here, discuss  then move on. UTV 

There's no choice.....we are fans we have to.

2 hours ago, KHV said:

Absolutely spot on....but before I throw the towel in let me remind you of the comments on 2 managers who we have just played.

Both Pepe and Frank both told their teams to show more aggression, frank after the 2 defeats and Pepe at Half time against us.

Now if teams like them can highlight and  turn to talking about a lack of Aggression with all their talent............why the **** can't we.

Guys, trust me we need to show more aggression in everything we do.

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Brave post......I don't agree, because I didn't agree with the other one too, the one aimed at Bruce, with the centre backs ......but Brave none the less.

Its easy to say, we should have done this and should have done that in management.....but more then one person is usually involved.

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

I disagree.....any team that can only win one game away from home in 7  away games is not top ten quality....never mind easily.

With respect.....There are aspects of the game you are simply overlooking.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah, agree that by Jan 1st we will know if we are in a real relegation battle or closer to mid table.

Agree.

I really really hope we avoid the now "traditional" Villa Christmas collapse. 

Its been far too long since we had a good December.

12 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I've rarely seen a team, where attack is the priority, do well in the Premier league, unless you are a top 4 team, although generally they are good all round. It works in the Championship as it did with us, but I doubt it's gonna gain us many points in this league. Hopefully we will sign a new striker in Jan and then tactically make a change.

Bournemouth have stayed up comfortably in the last few years

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

9 points minimum from that little lot for me otherwise there is trouble

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I disagree.....any team that can only win one game away from home in 7  away games is not top ten quality....never mind easily.

With respect.....There are aspects of the game you are simply overlooking.

I said our first 11 was top ten quality. Problem is you have to name 18 players to a match day squad. Our bench is probably the worst in the Prem and that has been our undoing time and time again. It's probably the main reason we are one of the best first half teams and and then one of the worst 2nd half ones. 

Interesting to hear Pepe's admission that he needs to re-examine his team.

He said " we are facing bigger players in this league now, its changing, my players are talented, but generally on the small side"

I think the same applies to us, particularly in midfield, where ours are on the small side.....I was desperate to get Mings in and I think Engles needs to come back in and Target is a move forward from Taylor.

With McGinn more like McGone having lost his form, we are lightweight ......I hope Dean recognises this too and makes some improvements in the new window.

Â