Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Thug said:

What the hell is it with these ridiculous corners??

just stop it already and get the bloody cross in.

Our players are not very good in the air. They're quite big, but don't win anything in the air, especially in the opposition's box.

That's why we do these ridiculous corners, that don't work either.

Ok, I agree, just let them fly.

Looks a completely changed side from the one that huffed and puffed a win versus Everton earlier in the season.  Posters throughout the post match thread were disappointed that we only got a point at Old Trafford.  Long may that type of feeling continue at the club.

🎵Deano Deano give us a wave, Deano give us a wave,🎵

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Our players are not very good in the air. They're quite big, but don't win anything in the air, especially in the opposition's box.

That's why we do these ridiculous corners, that don't work either.

Ok, I agree, just let them fly.

Wasn’t our equaliser today from one of those corners?

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Even the players who have only visited have improved while they were here. Tammy Abraham is a better striker than the one Chelsea sent to us, Robert Snodgrass returned to West Ham completely reinvigorated and a better player. The work that Smith and the team are doing on the training ground is improving players technically and seemingly reminding them that they love the game. Long may it continue.

Don’t think snodgrass played under smith

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Thug said:

What the hell is it with these ridiculous corners??

just stop it already and get the bloody cross in.

lee Dixon tried to give some sort of explanation to it yesterday, the OT pitch being raised requiring the run up the mound, from dirt to astro turf to grass, said its a difficult place to take corners if you're not used to it

our issue obviously goes beyond yesterdays game but that could be why yesterday was particularly bad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Even the players who have only visited have improved while they were here. Tammy Abraham is a better striker than the one Chelsea sent to us, Robert Snodgrass returned to West Ham completely reinvigorated and a better player. The work that Smith and the team are doing on the training ground is improving players technically and seemingly reminding them that they love the game. Long may it continue.

I'm trying to figure out what influence Smith had on the reinvigoration of Snodgrass, especially when he was a hundred miles down the road at Brentford. 

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm trying to figure out what influence Smith had on the reinvigoration of Snodgrass, especially when he was a hundred miles down the road at Brentford. 

He took a taxi to train him.

• Haha 1

No problem with corners when there's a plan behind it.

We did it loads against Burnley, because they've got a big team of pies who love heading the ball away, it shows there's some planning for me.

On 02/12/2019 at 06:50, Delphinho123 said:

Needs to seriously think about playing Mcginn up front. He’d hold the ball up better than Wesley. He’d shoot better than Wesley. He’d dribble better than Wesley and he passes better than Wesley. 

Genuinely think we’d be a better side with him up top and Nakamba in midfield alongside Hourihane and Luiz.

and what about when the ball is cleared out of defence, is 5ft6 SJM going to be trapping the ball and/or winning the flicks?

1 hour ago, carewjust4u said:

and what about when the ball is cleared out of defence, is 5ft6 SJM going to be trapping the ball and/or winning the flicks?

Maybe not the flicks but Wesley only wins 1/2 a game and they don’t go to anyone anyway. 

He’ll trap the ball though, something our glorious 22m pound man has yet to figure out how to do! 

The way he handles the Grealish questions (from 5:40) is beautiful:

"I've seen the speculation in the press linking Jack with other clubs, saying he could possibly go.

What they don't realise, I've worked with him for 14 months, and he tells the story himself about jumping into his bush in his back garden at six years old, pretending it was the Holte End. He's Villa through and through.

He's now performing on the biggest stage you can, in the Premier League, for Aston Villa, and he's playing well, scoring goals, creating assists, and it's the club he loves.

He signed a new contract at the start of last season, and we've got two very wealthy owners who want to build a team around the likes of Jack. So they can keep linking him with other football clubs, but this is the one he loves."

Class.

• Like 4

Â