Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, jim said:

No.

We’re going down with a whimper, had we shown some fight I might agree but his tenure this season has been a disaster. Players clearly don’t respect him and admitting he threw in the towel against Utd is the final straw. 

Agreed absolutely. I think staying up was always going to be a struggle. Our recruitment was poor, and I wouldn't necessarily want him sacked just because we've failed to stay up. But Smith has shown nowhere near enough to suggest he'll bring us back up.

Last year, "Pass it to Jack" and letting Tammy score for fun was enough of a gameplan. We won't have that next season, and over the past couple of seasons, he's shown nothing in terms of being able to set us up to play as a team. It's still "pass it to Jack".

He's a nice bloke, and it's great that he genuinely loves the club, but I have no confidence in him as a manager at all. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is why you change your manager. Watford west ham did and we stuck with the out of his depth smith and get relegated.

Cheers deano👎

The "consistency" crowd can sit down

Yeah ideally you'd want consistency. But not with a crap coach. You can give 5 year contract to Smith. You can give a 5 year contract to Pardew. Doesn't mean you will progress as a club.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 4

I understood getting on the backs of Lambert and Garde when Lerner was the owner. But with our current ownership I don’t get why I’m seeing the exact same overreactions. We haven’t had any type of stability with legit financial backing for 10 years. It’s already been stated ad nauseum that we came up a year early so keep that in mind and let’s give Dean 10 games next season as I’m betting that’s what the ownership is doing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Deano has shown very little to give me any confidence in him getting us back up. I think relegation will affect him badly.
Time for change I’m afraid.

I think he will be here next season, it's a short turn around and we will need another rebuild while having to keep a lot of these average players.

It might almost be easier to balance the team a bit more without Grealish, everything goes through him and when it doesn't work it's game over. Doesn't help that the rest of the team are shite mind.

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Dean Smith playing the emotional card in his press conference to get fans on side.

"Aston Villa is my life" Yeah. Doesn't make you qualified Dean.

Sounds like man on the verge of the sack if he doesn't get 3 points tomorrow it appears.

He should walk.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Â