Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, PieFacE said:

😂

Your argument was 'Lambert achieved more for Villa', now you're quoting what he did at Norwich. hahahah

Lambert kept us up. Smith didn't.

So he also performed better at Villa. Got results in a much harder league.

• Like 1

Getting promoted last year from where we began was a big achievement. I'm willing to stick by him. This year, with the lack of quality in the squad bar 2/3 players, we were always up against it. Watford, as I said above, have quality up front that we could dream of. They could easily not have beaten Norwich without Welbeck's overhead kick. Sarr, ÂŁ30million, scored two against Liverpool, and Deeney, a proven performer in the prem got one with Welbeck on the bench. We are a makeshift team, but that's a direct consequence of Tony Xia.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Brentford have actually got better after he left, maybe we should go for their manager.....

Maybe we should have gone for their CEO and player recruitment people.  It's a sad fact but if Brentford got promoted they would be more of a attractive club for a takeover than Villa what with being in London and a nice new stadium.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Lambert kept us up. Smith didn't.

So he also performed better at Villa. Got results in a much harder league.

Take Benteke out of that team and how well do you think Lambert would have done?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Atrocious from suso and smith. Both a pair of utter clowns 

That graphic doesn't really tell the whole story does it? We all know how our squad was before the season started. 

15 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

That's the problem with having a Villa fan in charge.  He'll think like a Villa fan.

Even local journalists do it to. Regardless of form or resource at any given point in time, the idea that we expect to not get anything is very much at odds with winning mentality. For a club of our size and potential any replacement has to change the footballing mindset within the club and the support.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

That graphic doesn't really tell the whole story does it? We all know how our squad was before the season started. 

Exactly. We spent **** all given how many players we actually needed to sign. The crazy thing is, we were still short of players even after spending that much. 

3 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Take Benteke out of that team and how well do you think Lambert would have done?

It's a team effort.

No player can keep a team up on his own. Grealish proves that.

Also Lambert proved himself at Norwich without any super strikers.

The stat is bollox we had no players , we had little choice but to spend.40mil or so of the spend was on the players we had on  loan in Mings ,AEG and Hause.The spending could of been better but it had to be spent or we literally would of had no team to put out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Atrocious from suso and smith. Both a pair of utter clowns 

If you look closely we actually spent less. Those clubs had vastly higher revenues from player sales though.

Two things I said were that Dean Smith should be given a golden handshake the day we got promoted. And we should stick a finger up at ffp and buy big i.e spend around ÂŁ200 million that's just to account for the fact we've been away from the Premier League for 3 seasons and the game has advanced at an accelerated rate. Not bringing in an experienced (in the PL) head to help the players on the pitch has proven to be a huge mistake.

Edited by Sulberto21

I remember at the start of the season and people saying how poor the premier league was and outside the top six or seven teams the quality wasn't that much better than the top end of the championship. Certainly I can't remember anyone saying that we'd need a miracle to stay up, can remember most getting excited by our signings and praising Suso for how well he'd done with that ÂŁ140m.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Would Deano have got anything out of Benteke? Would he have improved him? Gave him belief? Service? 

No. Probably not.

Why wouldn't he have? You've just decided he wouldn't have but you don't know. Nobody knows.

The thing with Benteke was he pretty much made his own goals anyway.

Anyway, I'm out of here. I think I'll leave you all to twist stats and sensationalise everything. See everyone in August or September or whenever football starts again. 

9 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I get your point but suso and smith built this poor squad.

Smith has got so lityle out of them. Even grealish and mcginn have looked dog shit under him

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

I remember at the start of the season and people saying how poor the premier league was and outside the top six or seven teams the quality wasn't that much better than the top end of the championship. Certainly I can't remember anyone saying that we'd need a miracle to stay up, can remember most getting excited by our signings and praising Suso for how well he'd done with that ÂŁ140m.

This literally means nothing. Football fans getting carried away? What a shocker. 

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Why wouldn't he have? You've just decided he wouldn't have but you don't know. Nobody knows.

The thing with Benteke was he pretty much made his own goals anyway.

Anyway, I'm out of here. I think I'll leave you all to twist stats and sensationalise everything. See everyone in August or September or whenever football starts again. 

So you're saying he got on to the end of his own crosses?? Sign him up!!!!

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I get your point but suso and smith built this poor squad.

Smith has got so lityle out of them. Even grealish and mcginn have looked dog shit under him

In another post you said we still spent **** all? Building a squad from scratch in two months to compete with 19 teams with established squads is not easy. Everyone else was in a better position than us when we were promoted by an insane margin. How many times has it happened  to other teams like it happened to us this pre season? It can't be many and the warning signs were there and we all knew it.

We had about eight players.

Edited by Rolta

Â