Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sorry but as crap as the team is smith coaches the players but we have consistently been dreadful at set pieces. What the hell does he work on training?

Our general play is so poor its unbelievable 

Throw ins boil my blood, we are very static most of the time.

• Like 1

Just now, Mister_a said:

Another poor element to our game.

We play with fear you can see it.  Even all my scouser mates were saying how scared we look to attack.

But its not just this game. We struggled tj create anything for sheff utd, Newcastle and chelsea game

• Like 3

Just now, Mister_a said:

I don't understand why every other team just throws it to the nearest team mate yet we have to make it a set play it's been like this for ages. Just throw it in!!! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Not on him today whatsoever but still think he should shoulder the majority of the blame for where we are as over the season as he has not been good enough time and time again... 

Agree.

No-one expected us to get anything today and we gave a fairly good account of ourselves. That said you couldn't have asked for a better time to play them , they were very sloppy and didn't really get out of first gear, any conclusions drawn should bear that in mind.

2 points out of the last 27 really is diabolical.

Today was better but it’s hard to see where the goals will come from ,  our attack is piss poor with ineffective wingers and goal shy strikers - credit smith for making us more solid defensively but that is not going to keep us up .

the decision for the owners is whether they see smith getting us back  up And keeping us up , if not then a change should be made in the summer .

Personally I think we should have made that change far sooner but it is what it is sadly 

• Like 4

Just piss off Smith.  You're totally out of your depth,  and if you do support Villa as you claim  you'd do the decent thing and quit.  Sick of hearing your desperate interviews filled with blind optimism.  Just go - NOW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Watford will soon beat Norwich and be 4 pts ahead of us.

They will be looking to beat Norwich and Newcastle and put 7 points between us by Saturday - I think we are in deep shit now 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Just piss off Smith.  You're totally out of your depth,  and if you do support Villa as you claim  you'd do the decent thing and quit.  Sick of hearing your desperate interviews filled with blind optimism.  Just go - NOW.

Deluded opinion.

We've lost to the European and English Champions.

You're acting like we lost to Solihull Moors.

• Like 2

Just now, wilko154 said:

Deluded opinion.

How's Stefan Moore these days. I'm sure he had a stint with them.

8 minutes ago, dubbs said:

So you’re now questioning whether he supports the club?? 

11 minutes ago, dubbs said:

This reads like satire

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Deluded opinion.

And still people defend this guy.  We've not lost 1 game, we've lost 20.

• Like 1

I am sick of his interviews as well. So accepting of failure it hurts. I have absolutely no hope for the last games and to be honest I’ve completely stopped caring. We need to really start thinking about coming back up next season and smith is not the man to do so. Abraham, Grealish, mings papered over the cracks last season and that’s what got us up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Digavilla said:

After nearly a season , I still cannot see what’s style of play Smith is trying to mold us into ? It’s definitely not the modern skillful game ala City/ Wolves or even Brentford... nor the counter attacking style with pace like Palace/Everton / Newcastle ? .. what I see in Villa is just a mismatch of conflicting style , neither here nor there .. 

Those are 3 completely different styles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSmith22 said:

What is their best? Davis had a golden opportunity off that pass from Jack in the first half and he touched it with a cinderblock for a foot to Allison. We were always going to get few chances on goal and we absolutely bottled the 3-4 we had. I’m pretty confident Trez, Samatta, and Wesley were not his choices. Our attacking options, at the moment, wouldn’t make it into the Top 4 in the Championship. We were setup well and matched Liverpool for 70 minutes. Can’t see a way to lay the blame on Smith today. 

I wasn’t talking about today, we played well. My point is had we shown what we did today in previous games we wouldn’t be where we are now. 
Performances like today are too few and far between and that is on Smith. 

49 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

There are just too many things to mention....and its all been said.

when you are happy with keeping a clean sheet for 70 minutes and lose 2-0....something fundamentally is amiss.

The squad is not good enough, but imo its more than that.

• Like 2

I can’t be bothered to call for him to be sacked again. If we had got rid of him before Christmas we would probably be in 40 plus points now. He is a great bloke and there will never be any bad blood from me but whatever happens we need someone better in charge next season. Massive opportunity missed to re-establish ourselves in the PL.

• Like 3

Just now, M_Afro said:

I can’t be bothered to call for him to be sacked again. If we had got rid of him before Christmas we would probably be in 40 plus points now. He is a great bloke and there will never be any bad blood from me but whatever happens we need someone better in charge next season. Massive opportunity missed to re-establish ourselves in the PL.

West Ham have a better squad than us and sacked the manager at Christmas and havent got near 40 points yet. Not sure what magician we could have signed

• Like 1

Â