Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Absolutely no criticism from me for today. The tactics were spot on, we defended well and tried to counter as best we could, unfortunately we don't have very good players and we can't take advantage. 

There's just absolutely nothing up top for us, they only way we're gonna possible score is from a set piece. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Got it right today and let down by the lack of quality in attacking positions. We got into promising positions and couldn’t create a real chance.

Liverpool have the ability to score at any time against any opposition. We look completely toothless and I’m not sure that there’s any way of solving that issue with the players at his disposal.

Then why did he buy half the players at his disposal? Who's fault is it that we cant score because every attacking player he has bought has been dire? We had money for a striker in january and we spent it on Samatta who looks as useless as the rest of his signings and cant even get on ahead of a youth product who cant score himself.

This an an embarrassing state of affairs, Smith and this Jesus guy are both to blame for the absolute lack of quality we have in this team.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The “since January” statement is padded 

Its a fact how is that padded??

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

because its July and you said we havent won since January. Sounds a lot worse

Suppose not as bad as calling them bottling cowards but what can you do

One win since janaury is a absymal record. But yeah lets just defend smith and bury our heads in the sand that smiths doing well

Just now, LxYoungAVFC said:

Can't believe some people on here are content with losing week in week out. 😂

there not, we are just realistic

Where do you think Villa should be finishing this season? What score did you expect us to beat the Premier League champions today?

He did well today.  We played the best team in the world and we matched them for most of the game.  They were too good in the end and we had no firepower.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Klopp making changes. Dean doesn't react.

Changes happens when they score. Reactive, not proactive. That's why he'll never succeed at this level.

Absolutely clueless.

I can't believe I'm biting but this utter shit is driving me crazy. 

OUR SUBS ARE PURE SHIT.

Who are we meant to bring on that can change a game? Jota? Samatta? Elmo? Hourihane? They're all useless.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Then why did he buy half the players at his disposal? Who's fault is it that we cant score because every attacking player he has bought has been dire? We had money for a striker in january and we spent it on Samatta who looks as useless as the rest of his signings and cant even get on ahead of a youth product who cant score himself.

This an an embarrassing state of affairs, Smith and this Jesus guy are both to blame for the absolute lack of quality we have in this team.

Do you really think loads of top prem forwards were available and desperate to come? 

We **** up in the summer.

Wesley, davis and Kodjia. Wish people would remember this when they expect us to get all these points off other teams.

Just now, Farlz said:

OUR SUBS ARE PURE SHIT.

Who are we meant to bring on that can change a game? Jota? Samatta? Elmo? Hourihane? They're all useless.

I can't help myself either

Its not just today though is it?

We were pathetic twice against a complete shit show bournmouth (oh and they had ten men yet we still lost)

Got humiliated against ten against watford

Got battered by Southampton twice 

Embarrassed by city 

Need i go on.

• Like 1

Just now, Cliffy Biro said:

I don’t know how much responsibility any particular person has for the players we’ve signed. I’m not sure anybody really does.

I’d assume that given we have a recruitment team in place they’d be the ones recommending a lot of these signings particularly those signed from abroad.

I’m relatively happy with the way smith sets the team up on the majority of occasions. I just don’t think this team has any more in it than what we’re seeing. 

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

OUR SUBS ARE PURE SHIT.

It isn't just about man for man changes.

As an example Potter changed to 5 at the back mid game to counter Farke's changes. It's called being proactive. It's a thing half decent coaches do.

All Smith ever do is man for man changes and hopes for the best.

Edited by villalad21

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

there not, we are just realistic

Where do you think Villa should be finishing this season? What score did you expect us to beat the Premier League champions today?

16th-17th. And before you say it: No, we are not on track to achieve that goal.

Not before the game but after watching Liverpool do f*** all for 70 minutes it was more than realistic for us to get a point. Btw, I never said we'd beat them but nice try.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Â