Dean Smith

Demitri_C

43 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

It is a good read.

but i ask this question.....The writer favours keeping Smith if we go down, because he doesn't want to pull things asunder, he wants to keep the model ( too many defeats in his tenure for me) so if he brings us back up, do we keep him or change him , knowing the shortfalls of this season?.....it might be just delaying the same decision.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes but we don't look capable of any surprises of any kind.

I’m not sure you understand the nature of surprises. Let’s just hope we get a couple no matter how unlikely. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m not sure you understand the nature of surprises. Let’s just hope we get a couple no matter how unlikely. 

Before we can get a surprise result, we'd first have to score a surprise goal. Baby steps mate.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's simple really, we don't work hard enough, don't think we have all season. We hardly ever see players sprinting to get back on the ball, or back in there own half, we rarely close players down, always giving them to much space, I could go on. Probably down to the players at the beginning of a season, but with few games to go, gotta be down to the coaching.

Set pieces, throw ins, corners these are professional footballers chaps, an most of the time they can't even do these right.

Heskey said....Liverpool players lose the ball and then go after you......Villa lose the ball and retreat.....its a mentality thing, no leaders.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

It is a good read.

but i ask this question.....The writer favours keeping Smith if we go down, because he doesn't want to pull things asunder, he wants to keep the model ( too many defeats in his tenure for me) so if he brings us back up, do we keep him or change him , knowing the shortfalls of this season?.....it might be just delaying the same decision.

True. Few points i do agree with in the article is that the recruitment was necessary, none of those who we did release would of played in the PL. So we got that right. The loan model is an absolute short term fix. Mings and El Ghazi were deemed surplus to requirements at their parent clubs, hence why we got them. Became apparent early in the window United and Chelsea had little interest in parting with Tuanzebe and Abraham respectively. Both would of started for us if we signed them. I too though would like a change in management. Just don't believe he's quite good enough, across the board. All aspects.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Heskey said....Liverpool players lose the ball and then go after you......Villa lose the ball and retreat.....its a mentality thing, no leaders.

And where does that mentality transmit from !

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Hause vs Chelsea surely?

In my original post I did day scoring regularly, if Hause's goals are going to keep us up we best start playing him up top.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

And lets not kid ourselves. Liverpool were half arsed today. I dont think they went above 50% and still won with ease. Yes they are better than us, but we didnt create hardly anything just like the last few games.

Smiths done a terrible job here this season. If it was bruce or lambert they would be getting crucified.

He deserves the sack and he cant complain when he does at the end of the season

Alisson was there best player.

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

That's why Marcelo Gallardo is the manager I want at Villa. Lose the ball but make sure you get it back.

5 minutes ago, villaluke said:

Alisson was there best player.

Alisson is their most important player. Van Dijk is mega but Becker is the most important. The saves he made from Jack were phenomenal. Reina made a couple of stunning saves too especially the one from The brightest teeth on Earth.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's simple really, we don't work hard enough, don't think we have all season. We hardly ever see players sprinting to get back on the ball, or back in there own half, we rarely close players down, always giving them to much space, I could go on. Probably down to the players at the beginning of a season, but with few games to go, gotta be down to the coaching.

Set pieces, throw ins, corners these are professional footballers chaps, an most of the time they can't even do these right.

Actually today I thought the players did just that, the likes of Luiz, McGinn, Trez etc all did their part winning back possession. I personally think our shape afterwards is what leaves a lot to be desired. 

Can’t fault Smith today at and I’m (currently) in the Smith out camp. That said fair dues today and was heartened by the display... just a shame it’s too late and is out of our hands & we are basically down now sadly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Wes wasnt useless though.  Arguably our real bad spell in the league is since Wes has been out of the team.  Davis and Samatta recent performances show that Wes was doing well in the team despite the service because Davis and Samatta has been so poor as his replacement since.

It's not an argument, it's a cold hard FACT. lol

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Actually today I thought the players did just that, the likes of Luiz, McGinn, Trez etc all did their part winning back possession. I personally think our shape afterwards is what leaves a lot to be desired. 

Agreed, I thought we were solid today. Not much Smith or anyone can do about Taylor losing his man for both goals. The problem is other times we should have picked up points, not today. Since the restart we have been ok but it may well be too little too late.

• Like 1

I bet United's players are quaking in their boots at the thought of playing this lot 🤣

We managed to keep the score down against a semi on the beach Liverpool team who had just 3 days rest compared to our 7.. hardly an advert for a contract extension now is it.

A poor Villa team this one.

Â