Dean Smith

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Greenwood, Martial, Rashford, Bruno and Pogba will be fun...

Bet you’re licking your lips. For somebody that doesn’t have a clue about football I really don’t get why you don’t just support one of these great teams you love talking about. Do us all a favour and follow one of them.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, jim said:

Our relegation won’t be defined by games against the big teams remember. It’s against the likes of Watford, Southampton and Bournemouth etc... where we need to make it count. 

Just a shame we've played the 3 of those twice already eh.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

No not a free pass but I think the real failures have been the definite Suso signings. Wesley, Trez, Nakamba, Samatta. I think some will accuse him of being guilty of being naive in accepting them but given he agreed to work within a structure and will have little form info to work from I’ve some sympathy

If Smith had been solely responsible then I believe Phillips, Beneama and Maupay May well be here now and we would be much better off 

Whatever, We need to be far far better during this summers recruitment

Definitely a free pass lol... Firstly Smith was part of a committee including Suso and Purslow that approved these players. Secondly the 3 players you mentioned.....Phillips(40m) wasn't going to come, Benrahma(25m) Injured, Maupay(20m) Smith said he didn't want him at that price. Plus the combined cost would've been somewhere in the region of 80m for 3 players.

How do you know what went on with the transfers? How do you know that Smith, Suso and Purslow didn't all sit down together and say right we've got 130m budget lets decide TOGETHER how to spend it? Seems to me that a lot of people are claiming to be in the know and therefore know who and what Smith agreed on and didn't. Forum is full of clairvoyants ffs. 

The facts are that until someone from the club comes out and says it was so and so that did XYZ most people don't have a scooby doo. The facts that we are all aware of are that the coaching staff and players are not up to scratch as a team. The facts are that the team is no better than the start of the season. Them are the facts.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Some of you sound like you want us to be relegated. Getting off to us losing and shit. 

Yes i hate to see a club ive followed for 30 years lose. It's exhilarating. 

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Some of you sound like you want us to be relegated. Getting off to us losing and shit. 

Are you reading posts upside down.

We will be devastated to go down, so are trying to discuss some of the reasons why we have been heading that way most if the season.

massaging what we are doing as ok......will not get us winning.

There are clear indications to the discerning fans eye, why we are failing.....are we not allowed to say.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And lets not kid ourselves. Liverpool were half arsed today. I dont think they went above 50% and still won with ease. Yes they are better than us, but we didnt cteate hardly anything just like the last few games.

Smiths done a terrible job here this season. If it was bruce or lambert they would be getting crucified.

He deserves the sack and he cant complajn when he does at the end of the season

I just don't see this situation changing.....he had a brilliant 10 game run to get us promotion and cup run with a gift from the Liverpool academy, but done not much else.

Against the better teams, even in the championship, we struggled. We do not have enough leaders in the team.

Edited by TRO

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

West Ham got a very spirited win against Chelsea to support your claim.

Southampton who are out of danger, just got a fine win against a great Man City team.....We come up with more excuses for our lot than Lennon & McCartney composed  songs.

There is no pressure on our club to do better.

souness said today on sky "I took my son to Villa Park" and he looked around and said "Dad this is a big club" and he said "I know it is son"........its just some of us that don't know it.....We accept second best far too easily.....Souness said" They should be in the Premier League"....we do all know that.

Only when we take a hard nosed attitude to winning and a defiance to losing, right through the club, will we sustain our position in this league....

I've felt for at least since Gregory left we've always had a bit of an entitled attitude. That was the last villa team i seen that worked their nuts off, didn't try to con the public and was an honestly and sheer genuineness in their approach. We've traded on our history and our name for far too long. " we're villa, we'll be fine " We've not evolved. We don't work hard enough, diligently enough. I agree TRO. We don't strive to be the better or elite. It's just sound bites. Over and over. A culture of honesty and drive to win each game will only manifest itself to a playing squad from a coaching set up. 

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What utter tosh! I hate seeing us lose but it’s become so predictable under Smith that it’s hard to see any other result.

He is a huge part of the problem and the sooner we get rid the better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jim said:

Very true Tro. We are far too easy to predict. Looking back at previous relegation battles the teams down there spring surprise results.

Can anyone honestly say we look remotely capable of that, especially as we have failed to do so all season. I honestly don’t think we’ll pick up more than 3 points between now and the end of the season.

Wins don’t look very likely it’s true, but then again that’s why they’re surprise results Jim. 

It's simple really, we don't work hard enough, don't think we have all season. We hardly ever see players sprinting to get back on the ball, or back in there own half, we rarely close players down, always giving them to much space, I could go on. Probably down to the players at the beginning of a season, but with few games to go, gotta be down to the coaching.

Set pieces, throw ins, corners these are professional footballers chaps, an most of the time they can't even do these right.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Ridiculous statement! Just because I'm not pie in the sky with false hope that we will pull an inconceivable result out of pure thin air completely against the trend of our last 15-20 games, does not mean I wants us relegated.... Just means I'm not delusional.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Wins don’t look very likely it’s true, but then again that’s why they’re surprise results Jim. 

Yes but we don't look capable of any surprises of any kind, we can't even put the ball in the back of the net (regularly)

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Â