Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Of the 18 players with 10 goals or more in the Premier League not one of them except Pukki or maybe Wood would have came to Villa and we would have spent about 30 million to get either

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its a fact how is that padded??

One win since janaury is a absymal record. But yeah lets just defend smith and bury our heads in the sand that smiths doing well

If you don’t understand how 1 win in 6 months is a padded stat due to not playing for 3 of them then I can’t help you

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Its not just today though is it?

We were pathetic twice against a complete shit show bournmouth (oh and they had ten men yet we still lost)

Got humiliated against ten against watford

Got battered by Southampton twice 

Embarrassed by city 

Need i go on.

But but............. it's all about losing against the Champions, what did we expect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We were pathetic twice against a complete shit show bournmouth (oh and they had ten men yet we still lost)

Embarrassed by city 

Need i go on.

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN? : TheSimpsons

1 minute ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

16th-17th. And before you say it: No, we are not on track to achieve that goal.

Not before the game but after watching Liverpool do f*** all for 70 minutes it was more than realistic for us to get a point. Btw, I never said we'd beat them but nice try.

So 1 pt is the difference between you being happy and you being highly critical. Bit extreme if you ask me.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Do you really think loads of top prem forwards were available and desperate to come? 

We **** up in the summer.

Wesley, davis and Kodjia. Wish people would remember this when they expect us to get all these points off other teams.

He bought Wesley for over 20m so using him being useless as a defence is absolutely bizarre. Lets all just accept that Smith is amazing and none of this is his fault because we cant buy world class players. I hate people who present a nonsense argument nobody was making and then counter it.

I expect hit and misses from the transfer market, except there has been no hits, in the attacking department atleast and then people want to say its not his fault we cant score? Who's fault is it then?

I’m generally quite pleased with today’s game. Don’t get me wrong, I would have preferred to have come away with something but these are the Champions for a reason.

We set ourselves up very well defensively and had some good counter attacking opportunities (even if we didn’t find the final ball). Plus, for the two goals, it’s not the usual individual mistakes that cost us. It was just Liverpool being Liverpool.

There is still only one point in this and our goal difference didn’t take the pounding a lot of people expected. This was definitely the hardest game of the rest of the season post-lockdown and we came out of it without a hiding.

Edited by JPAngel

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Embarrassed by city 

Need i go on.

And yet 1 pt off 17th. 

Its almost like every year there are a selection of poor teams who struggle to get points, with 3 of them going down. 

Crazy I know. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

16th-17th. And before you say it: No, we are not on track to achieve that goal.

Yes we are! 1 point off 17th is on track with 5 games to go!

Just now, Cliffy Biro said:

He bought Wesley for over 20m so using him being useless as a defence is absolutely bizarre. Lets all just accept that Smith is amazing and none of this is his fault because we cant buy world class players. I hate people who present a nonsense argument nobody was making and then counter it.

I expect hit and misses from the transfer market, except there has been no hits, in the attacking department atleast and then people want to say its not his fault we cant score? Who's fault is it then?

You know for a fact smith scouted and pushed through the signing of wesley?

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Embarrassed by city 

Need i go on.

And had we played like we did today  we would have got more out of those games.

But we don’t and therein lies the problem. Smith can’t get the best out of his players apart from once in a blue moon.

That is why we’ll get relegated and it’s on him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Wes wasnt useless though.  Arguably our real bad spell in the league is since Wes has been out of the team.  Davis and Samatta recent performances show that Wes was doing well in the team despite the service because Davis and Samatta has been so poor as his replacement since.

2 minutes ago, jim said:

But we don’t and therein lies the problem. Smith can’t get the best out of his players apart from once in a blue moon.

Using this logic, west ham should be furious they aren't challenging top 4. 

Just now, Cliffy Biro said:

You know for a fact he didn't?

Why would we be scouting a 20 million pound striker for the Championship. We only found out we were promoted after the Belgian season was over

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I know. But watch the usual bunch start telling us how those players on the bench would have made all the difference. 

See this is the problem with every one, both pro Smith, and Anti Smith.

Pro Smith use the most exaggerated scenarios to make their defences (Such as suggesting Nakamba as the change people would have been calling for to make a difference - although in certain games, that could hold some weight)

Anti Smith will blame him for everything today.

I'll broken record myself with the in between truth as I said in the match thread.

The system, gameplan and effort were spot on today.

The lack of proactivity when players were tired, or a minor change which possibly could have turned some of our good play or moves into goals, was as has been for a majority of games this season.

No we are not stupid enough to think that subs guarantee any kind of success.

However we could almost GUARANTEE that he would wait until we went a goal down to attempt to make one, when the game has already been lost.

We are also WELL aware of the opposition and don't need to be reminded.

All in all, we can;t really fault Deano for today, but "Today" is not the real gripe, it is the balance of the season where the exact same pattern has taken place against all types of opposition. 

Now does the fact that we played well today uphold you and others assessment that all the players bar Jack are absolute shit and incapable of performing as a unit?

Does it uphold that Deano is an incredible manager only let down by shit players?

Or does it validate the fact that maybe both sides are a little bit right in their assessments and opinions?

Anyway, gutted for Deano and the players.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, jim said:

You can tell they are trying. They don't wanna be relegated.

But it doesn't really help them that they've got a manager with zero tactical nous.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

See this is the problem with every one, both pro Smith, and Anti Smith.

Pro Smith use the most exaggerated scenarios to make their defences (Such as naming Nakamba as the change people would have been calling for to make a difference)

Anti Smith will blame him for everything today.

I'll broken record myself with the in between truth as I said in the match thread.

The system, gameplan and effort were spot on today.

The lack of proactivity when players were tired, or a minor change which possibly could have turned some of our good play or moves into goals, was as has been for a majority of games this season.

No we are not stupid enough to think that subs guarantee any kind of success.

However we could almost GUARANTEE that he would wait until we went a goal down to attempt to make one, when the game has already been lost.

We are also WELL aware of the opposition and don't need to be reminded.

All in all, we can;t really fault Deano for today, but "Today" is not the real gripe, it is the balance of the season where the exact same pattern has taken place against all types of opposition. 

Now does the fact that we played well today uphold you and others assessment that all the players bar Jack are absolute shit and incapable of performing as a unit?

Does it uphold that Deano is an incredible manager only let down by shit players?

Or does it validate the fact that maybe both sides are a little bit right in their assessments and opinions?

Anyway, gutted for Deano and the players.

I'm just board of the tactical criticism being 

Change something. 

It seems to be the only thing fans who want him gone offer. 

• Like 1

I can't slag him off for this performance, we had a plan and we looked good for a large portion of the match. Maybe if we didn't have players like el garbage and trez it could have worked but for once I can actually see positives. 

Â