Dean Smith

Demitri_C

We are stuck with smith according to evans. Lets prepare for the championship again then. Just ensure smith is gone as soon as the west ham game is over and have the replacement in place to start straight away to get us back in the premier league

Smith nice guy crap premier league manager

16 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

John Percy confirms there is nothing in the Smith sack rumours. 

More of the same for the rest of the season 

When we lose next week will he blame not playing for 7 days ?

17 minutes ago, Nabby said:

More of the same for the rest of the season 

When we lose next week will he blame not playing for 7 days ?

It’ll be no fans next week. 

• Haha 1

From BBC 

Warnock and trusty assistant Kevin Blackwell had barely a couple of training sessions with their new players before this game but from this evidence it had been time well spent.

Under predecessor Woodgate, Boro played attractive, passing football, while under Tony Pulis before that it was physical and direct. Warnock's methods were best described as a hybrid of the two.

The formation, switched to a 4-4-2 for large parts, gave Boro balance with wingers providing delivery to two forwards - something craved by Boro fans after several seasons of one central striker.

It was a switch that seemed to energise Fletcher, who pulled defenders about with movement, seized countless possession on the break and added a first goal since early February

Warnock and Jones at Luton both have instant impacts on teams I can't see Smith galvanising the squad in 7 days when he has failed to get them going with 3 months prep.Long term if we go down I don't see him turning round a losing mindset which he is part of losing effects players so it will effect managers too.He has managed a team to a win since Jan there is no way that is not effecting his decision making and mindset.

I don't think we need some over technical manager now we need someone like we had with Sherwood who can come in and change the atmosphere , give players a fresh voice on sidelines and motivate them

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Probably just blame the fact it was against the current best team in the world

Which is likely to be filled with reserves and kids so they can get a league winners medal for game time.

4 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Which is likely to be filled with reserves and kids so they can get a league winners medal for game time.

You reckon? Would give us half a chance; though their reserves would probably still rinse us.

I think they’ll go full strength and go for record points. Not like they have any cup games to rest players for.

I think Smith is clinging on because we haven’t taken any real beatings since the resumption. A relaxed Liverpool could really dish out a heavy defeat next week. Sadly, I would not be surprised if it were upwards of 5-0! I can’t see Smith surviving that!

So for ultimately being poor in the Premiership, coming back worse after the lock down, not being able to do anything with £150 million and actually struggling to get a consistency out of a £80 million player. When relegated, the board are going to give him another chance in the Championship. Good screw that Villa job👍

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think Smith is clinging on because we haven’t taken any real beatings since the resumption. A relaxed Liverpool could really dish out a heavy defeat next week. Sadly, I would not be surprised if it were upwards of 5-0! I can’t see Smith surviving that!

It's just a shame our goal difference is worse than the teams around us because a beating is just another nail in the coffin. 

Simple hypothetical for everyone who points out the "exception of Wolves and Sheffield United".

Do you think Deano would be doing a better or worse job at either of those clubs with the same personnel?

Do you think Nuno or Wilder would be doing a better or worse job than Deano is currently doing here with the same personnel?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Liverpool are targeting the points record - they may play one or two younger players but  I don’t see them playing a load of kids and reserves , they will take us to the cleaners no doubt .

Edited by Eastie

39 minutes ago, Nabby said:

From BBC 

Warnock and Jones at Luton both have instant impacts on teams I can't see Smith galvanising the squad in 7 days when he has failed to get them going with 3 months prep.Long term if we go down I don't see him turning round a losing mindset which he is part of losing effects players so it will effect managers too.He has managed a team to a win since Jan there is no way that is not effecting his decision making and mindset.

I don't think we need some over technical manager now we need someone like we had with Sherwood who can come in and change the atmosphere , give players a fresh voice on sidelines and motivate them

🤣 Get Warnock in - he'll suddenly make up for all the deficiencies in the squad! 

Is there any difference in our team performances than when Lambert was here? No, I thought  not. That's your answer then.....Or you could always lure Lamberk back? Now that would be funny....😱😱😱😱😱

Regards,

VLD.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Simple hypothetical for everyone who points out the "exception of Wolves and Sheffield United".

Do you think Deano would be doing a better or worse job at either of those clubs with the same personnel?

Do you think Nuno or Wilder would be doing a better or worse job than Deano is currently doing here with the same personnel?

I think Smith would do a great job at Wolves yes, they have great technical players. Top 10 no problems. Probably not as good as Nuno no because he isn't as good a manager.

Sheff U he might struggle, 433 wouldn't suit them and that's all he plays. Definitely wouldn't have them up there because he isn't as good a manager as Wilder.

We'd be in a relegation battle with Nuno or Wilder or Klopp or Pep because we have a lot of terrible players.

For me keeping smith is throwing in the towel and going down with no fight and no guts - abject surrender , purslow has overseen a total mess this season and if this is the best he can do god help us .

For all the owners talk about big ambitions and aims it’s the same old villa , same old mistakes ,  poor recruitment , weak manager and shit team . 

im just grateful I was around in the days of Saunders when it was all So different .

• Like 1

I don't think it is throwing in the towel at all, it's acually showing commitment to a long term strategy for a change.

We bounced around managers for years and have got absolutely nowhere in terms of trophies for pushing 25 years now. Maybe a little patience is required for a change? 

Â