Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I just know it'll be a whole different game if a new manager came in now. Smith cant inspire the fans anymore never mind the players. He is defeated man, an seems to have lost the belief  I mean how much time does he want. I'm far from saying it's nothing to do with the players  it ain't the greatest bunch no, but neither are Sheffield's team. But when you try to play Man City football with mediocre players, this is what you get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I meant give it JT for 6 games ,  smith has to be fired now without doubt - he should have been gone months ago 

No offence Eastie but JT cant even sort the defence out never mind the rest of the team 🙄

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We've tried multiple things this season and nothing looks to work. 

I think that's so much more down to the quality of players than the manager  

Do you accept a better coach would have found a system that would have got the best out of the players at his disposal. We seem clueless at the moment. The team that played in the Carabao final appeared to have a structure and desire. We now appear to be going through the motions.

my issue for me is that aside from luiz not a single player has improved this season. in fact many have deteriorated. we thought we were going to be fine after that everton game. but this lot are a totally different team to the side that won that day...and that has to be down to the coaching staff. it's so sad to see...we so wanted him to suceed. but it's not working i'm afraid

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

I’d get rid of JT when smith does go, this defence is a shambles what does he coach them

Who would you get in for 6 games though and who would take it on for 6 games ? 
To be honest I’d take anyone over smith at this stage 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Well we are. We're right in the mix. There seems to be some desire for some sherwoodesque passion.

Not by our own doing, so no we aren’t fighting at all. We’ve been lucky results have gone our way.

Two points from the last 24, isn’t fighting.

• Like 1

What a dismal, insipid, uninspiring character he his.  Should have been sacked yonks ago.  He'll never manage at this level again, absolute rubbish.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Haha we are on the same points as 17th. How is that not putting up a fight?

If we were bottom and well adrift I'd agree but we arent. We are right in the mix to survive. 

You are aware that Bournemouth and West Ham are deplorable and the reason we are same points as 17th has absolutely nothing to do with our fighting capabilities and more to do with how crap they have been. Right ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Who would you get in for 6 games though and who would take it on for 6 games ? 
To be honest I’d take anyone over smith at this stage 

No one is gonna come in for 6 games unless guarantee of a contract, Big sam would have cut out the errors this shambles keep doing 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Risso said:

What a dismal, insipid, uninspiring character he his.  Should have been sacked yonks ago.  He'll never manage at this level again, absolute rubbish.

He’s embarrassing , blames anyone and anything over than himself - really poor . 

(note: not saying this is achievable/realistic)........but

FFP is effectively void for the next 12 months, we will have the opportunity to really invest in good players if the owners want to pump some money in.

Regardless of what league we are in next season, i would now go for the best manager we could possibly get, and entice them with "we are one of the richest clubs in the country, this summer we are investing big, come and build your own little empire"

I would try and entice Poch, Allegri, or someone with a proven record, i know its highly unlikely, but if we offered a blank canvas, with top level investment, someone with caliber might be interested to take on a project.

really tho, i still really want smith to succeed, if we got relegated playing exciting football, at least i could say "ok we have a system, we are developing, i can see what we are trying to do", but we arent, we play like clueless headless chickens.

I mean, considering Norwich are bottom, at least they have their system, and they try to play the right type of football regardless, thats all part of developing a culture that is a long term project, we just seem to be a dumpster fire, i dont see us growing or developing, i see us regressing.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

You’ve nailed your colours to the Smith can’t do anything wrong mast. 

I get it. 

But I don’t think it’s unreasonable for people to have expected us to stay up and be disappointed that we PROBABLY won’t, and we’re playing the worst football we’ve played all season while we go down. 

Your mockery of people who expect even a little bit better isn’t a good look. If Steve Bruce was putting in performances like we are you’d be at the head of the mob, pitchfork in hand. 

I like Smith. I don’t want him sacked. But he is not currently performing to the level required of him

Not true at all. He isn't doing a good job, said it multiple times. And if we go down, he's failed to meet his target. 

I'll be disappointed if we go down, if people expect to stay up that's fine, can't see what its based on though. Especially given our recruitment in both windows and the fact we finished 5th last year. 

Bringing Bruce is silly. Expectations are completely different. One had the best resources in the league, the other clearly doesn't. 

I don't disagree too much with the final paragraph. I don't want him sacked. For me he's performing about where I think is acceptable. 

The only mockery is towards these fans who demand he is sacked, call him a disaster, give no credit to last season and seem to expect us to be well clear of the fight. I think all of that is absolutely ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Haha we are on the same points as 17th. How is that not putting up a fight?

If we were bottom and well adrift I'd agree but we arent. We are right in the mix to survive. 

This is mostly due to other teams around us not picking up that many points. We don't even look like trying to capitalise on that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Here he goes blaming playing 4 games in so many days, change the lineup then you mug

I haven't even heard him yet, but my mate who's a Wolves fan said we should be embarrassed by the comments he just made.

Â