Dean Smith

Demitri_C

47 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I agree. 

We had a short spell where 3 at the back looked decent. And while I wasn't a huge fan of wesley, who knows if we could have built on that before he and Heaton went down  

I think smith deserves criticism for this. But I also think it shows how poor the squad is. There is literally nothing that even sounds like it would work with the players we have.

We have debated before but DS was involved in bringing  those players in . 

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

A manager who chop and changes every week is never a good sign.

I never know what lineup we are going with. Can't be easy for the players.

We've played 4 games in 10 days, of course he's gonna make changes. I guarantee you that if he hadn't people would have been moaning that he hadn't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

We've played 4 games in 10 days, of course he's gonna make changes. I guarantee you that if he hadn't people would have been moaning that he hadn't. 

He’s been chopping and changing all season though. 

• Like 1

I don't think the players are up to it. They are thick and make ridiculous decisions throughout the game. You can clearly see they're not doing what they are asked to do by the reactions of the coaching staff. 

I think Smith needs to gamble up front and put the Ramsey lad in and and find a wide player from the reserves as both El Ghazi and Trezeguet are playing like headless chickens. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I have never this season been sure what team we are going to line up each week.

Even under Lambert i pretty much knew what team it would be each week. At least during the 2 first seasons.

56 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Then you're living in dream land. 

Tell me all the teams that barely achieve 17th and do so in style and playing great football? 

Its just not something that really happens. Most teams who barely survive grind it out playing ugly football. 

There's a pretty big middle ground between playing great football and playing the kind of gutless tripe we are right now.

This was not a team playing for its manager or fighting For survival - it was very poor and barring Douglas the rest were all below average -again poor defending for the goal , manager cannot motivate   his players and should be out the door immediately - sentiment will cost us any chance of survival . 

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

There's a pretty big middle ground between playing great football and playing the kind of gutless tripe we are right now.

Is there really for teams that barely finish 17th? 

I can't remember many teams who barely survived and did it playing good football

1 minute ago, dubbs said:

Just get out.  You're destroying a club you claim to support.   The buck ultimately stops with you.   For once,  do the right thing. 

Just crazy. The guy who got us up is destroying the club?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Is there really for teams that barely finish 17th? 

I can't remember many teams who barely survived and did it playing good football

I feel like I'm repeating myself here. I don't expect "good" football. I do at least expect us to put up more of a fight than we have been. That's why so many have an issue with Smith.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I feel like I'm repeating myself here. I don't expect "good" football. I do at least expect us to put up more of a fight than we have been. That's why so many have an issue with Smith.

I'll just leave it, we are going in circles. 

We are on the same points as 17th. If that isn't currently putting up a fight to survive then I don't know what is. You might care about the way its done but it doesn't really matter, that's just your subjective view of what football you want to see. Ultimately its about where we finish. At the moment, and I'll acknowledge that may well change, we are right in the fight for survival. 

Edited by DCJonah

I feel that we have now moved to a place where he really has to go at the end of the season whatever happens.

I know it sounds ungrateful, but this is an ungrateful game - I saw it mentioned a couple of pages back, but he is just desperately throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

Sheffield United, Newcastle we go with 1 up top, games that were winnable, then we try 2 up top for the first time in the PL this season against Wolves.

It just seems to be showing all the telltale signs of his tenure coming to an end - the constant changes, the shit excuses.

I do want to clarify for the record that Dean Smith seems like a genuinely lovely guy, and I don’t want this to sound personal. I feel that he is just not the sort of manager cut out for a relegation scrap imo.

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just crazy. The guy who got us up is destroying the club?

Absolutely yes.  Spent 150 million pounds in the summer and compiled a team worse than that which got out the Championship via the playoffs. 

Just now, dubbs said:

Absolutely yes.  Spent 150 million pounds in the summer and compiled a team worse than that which got out the Championship via the playoffs. 

Well he didn't spend it all on his own. To say he's destroying us is laughable. 

Tony Xia was destroying us. Dean smith is just struggling with a poor squad. 

Â