Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think most people thought we would stay up, show a more progressive style than previous regimes and show some fight. 

We’re doing none of that. We’re going down with a whimper

agreed, where is the "smith progressive/exciting football", and the "we will go any try to win regardless".

Empty words, we are the most defensively deep team in the league, we literally defend on the edge of our box, dont press etc.

I could accept relegation if we had a "style" and you could see what we were trying to do, a progression.

I just feel like we have regressed to headless chickens with no tactics, and no ideas.

This is another way in which the restart as disadvantaged us, normally would have gotten rid of a manager showing this kind of form (he was on the verge of the sack before lockdown), but because of how quick and fast the games are coming it makes it very difficult for us to do that, if we were to bring someone else in now it would have to be someone who would do it at a moments notice and who we think would stand a chance of having an immediate impact.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think most people thought we would stay up, show a more progressive style than previous regimes and show some fight. 

We’re doing none of that. We’re going down with a whimper

I'm not sure why anyone would think we would stay up  

We did nothing in the summer to make us much better than others. 

I think we should be right in the fight for 17th and currently we are. Style doesn't matter for me this year, its all about surviving. 

If we don't then we've failed but our recruitment made a difficult task even harder. 

• Haha 2

Just now, quazzie goat said:

He was close to the sack before lockdown and it’s now 4 more games without a win? Needs to go. 

I think he'd be gone by now if we weren't playing behind closed doors tbh, we'd be getting booed off every game at the moment.

• Like 1

Just **** off.

The least we could do do is have some fight and a will to win. This twonk can’t even motivate the players to do that.

Just now, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure why anyone would think we would stay up  

We did nothing in the summer to make us much better than others. 

I think we should be right in the fight for 17th and currently we are. Style doesn't matter for me this year, its all about surviving. 

If we don't then we've failed but our recruitment made a difficult task even harder. 

We aren’t fighting for anything, that’s the problem. 

On 10/10/2018 at 22:12, M_Afro said:

JT brings a bit of hope but that is one massive risk. Will get my support of course but I am stunned. Very risky indeed. I hope he can cope because he is in a cauldron now, the likes of which he will have never experienced. Good luck Delano, you may well need it!

This is what I posted when we announced Dean as manager. I got pelters but sadly I was right. It was risky. He did not have the experience and he has failed! We need to stop messing about and spend big on a top level manager. No more risks please 

7 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Nah, he needs to be out now. I'm not letting go of the PL that easy, but we are definitely going back down with Smith at the helm.

I meant give it JT for 6 games ,  smith has to be fired now without doubt - he should have been gone months ago 

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't see Smith being here come July 1st.

Don't think it matters.

We could throw a hail Mary and get some Shouty McShoutface in and possibly scare the players into a fluke win. But with only 30 days left of the season no new manager will be able to make any substantial changes.

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I think people expected us to AT LEAST put up a bit of a fight and create a few more chances, even if we did end up going down.

It really isn't hard to grasp this.

Haha we are on the same points as 17th. How is that not putting up a fight?

If we were bottom and well adrift I'd agree but we arent. We are right in the mix to survive. 

Just now, Eastie said:

I meant give it JT for 6 games ,  smith has to be fired now without doubt - he should have been gone months ago 

I’d get rid of JT when smith does go, this defence is a shambles what does he coach them

• Like 1

Â