Dean Smith

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Absolutely yes.  Spent 150 million pounds in the summer and compiled a team worse than that which got out the Championship via the playoffs. 

this team isnt worse than the championship team.

any players you might point to that were "better" than what we have now, we didnt even own them.

im not defending smith, as im 50/50 as to whether he should go, but we do need some perspective on the "150m", it was roughly 145m, and we spent it on 15 or 16 players, not 3 or 4 top notch players.

i agree we should be doing marginally better than we are doing, but the "150m" stick is taken out of perspective when its used to beat Smith.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the banners would be out at united had fans been allowed in.  The fans have had enough and rightky so. Thanks for getting us promoted and i have no ill feeling towards him but he should resign

12 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Absolutely yes.  Spent 150 million pounds in the summer and compiled a team worse than that which got out the Championship via the playoffs. 

Purslow and Suso are accountable too , but no question smith should be fired , hopefully he will save face and go by mutual consent but he should hang his head in shame at the total mess he has made this season as should purslow and Suso 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'll just leave it, we are going in circles. 

We are on the same points as 17th. If that isn't currently putting up a fight to survive then I don't know what is. You might care about the way its done but it doesn't really matter, that's just your subjective view of what football you want to see. Ultimately its about where we finish. At the moment, and I'll acknowledge that may well change, we are right in the fight for survival. 

I don't know how anyone who's seen us in the past few games (or indeed since long before the break) can conclude we're putting up much of a fight. That's the issue here.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I don't know how anyone who's seen us in the past few games (or indeed since long before the break) can conclude we're putting up much of a fight. That's the issue here.

We've gained points on our rivals and closed the gap. How is that not being in the fight?

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well he didn't spend it all on his own. To say he's destroying us is laughable. 

Tony Xia was destroying us. Dean smith is just struggling with a poor squad. 

He must have had a say in each purchase.  Yes Xia was also killing the club,  Smith has just continued the job

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We've gained points on our rivals and closed the gap. How is that not being in the fight?

I do admire your positivity but even you know in your own head that we’re down. This team doesn’t have a win in them. They’re not good enough and mentally they’re a beaten side. When the hell was the last time we won a game? 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

If he were sacked tonight, where does he go next?  Based on his record at all clubs to this point, who will putting him top of their shortlist?

Swansea? Reading? Sheffield Wednesday? Blackburn? Derby?

I think that tells its own story.

I said this a while ago , no Prem club is going to look at him and in the championship his promotion will get him in the door to some jobs but other's will wonder why Brentford improved after he left.

On sacking I see Boro who were hopeless last week after winning away  to a decent Stoke side a few days after Warnock takes job. I think our only hope now is him gona and a new manager bounce like we got with Sherwood.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

If he were sacked tonight, where does he go next?  Based on his record at all clubs to this point, who will putting him top of their shortlist?

Swansea? Reading? Sheffield Wednesday? Blackburn? Derby?

I think that tells its own story.

Probably back to being a mid table Championship coach which is his level.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

Back at it with the excuses. Sigh.

Has he ever taken self blame?

Never takes any blame for anything ,  always someone else’s fault - As a villa fan Dean put the club first and please do what’s right and go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Purslow and Suso are accountable too , but no question smith should be fired , hopefully he will see face and go by mutual consent but he should hang his head in shame at the total mess he has made this season as should purslow and Suso 

to be fair i cant point a finger at Purslow, his leadership and ideas are something i think we should be doing/progressing with, developing our youth system, bringing in Harrison and the new youth development team etc, he has also overseen (with the owners) this club going from near bankruptcy to some level of stability.

Current team and coaching performance aside, if you consider we were weeks from administration a year or so ago, with a load of wasters and hangers on, to now where although we have some on the pitch issues, the club is actually stable and the philosophy is right as far as i can see.

For me, if there are fingers to be pointed, its towards Suso & Deano (recruitment), and Deano, Terry & the coaching team (team performance).

Lets not forget the state we were in when NSWE & Purslow joined, we should be thanking them tbh, i dont think you can blame Purslow for Deano's performance, although i would be interested to know where the "line" is, for Purslow to act in relation to our on pitch woes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Frank Bruno was "in the fight" against Mike Tyson.

I think you're giving Bournemouth, West ham and Watford a lot of credit if they're the mike tyson in this scenario. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

to be fair i cant point a finger at Purslow, his leadership and ideas are something i think we should be doing/progressing with, developing our youth system, bringing in Harrison and the new youth development team etc, he has also overseen (with the owners) this club going from near bankruptcy to some level of stability.

Current team and coaching performance aside, if you consider we were weeks from administration a year or so ago, with a load of wasters and hangers on, to now where although we have some on the pitch issues, the club is actually stable and the philosophy is right as far as i can see.

For me, if there are fingers to be pointed, its towards Suso & Deano (recruitment), and Deano, Terry & the coaching team (team performance).

Lets not forget the state we were in when NSWE & Purslow joined, we should be thanking them tbh, i dont think you can blame Purslow for Deano's performance, although i would be interested to know where the "line" is, for Purslow to act in relation to our on pitch woes.

Purslow is effectively over both smith and Suso and both should have been out the door in my view ,  he may have done some good things but he is accountable for not acting sooner on both smiths and Susos poor contributions this season . 
The owners seem very ambitious and I would hope purslow is told in no uncertain terms that the jobs done this season by smith and Suso  make their positions untenable  

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If you think since the restart we have shown any fight then your delusional. We are pretty much going through the motions

Â