Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I admire your optimism, but I'd be surprised if he WASN'T still here next season, even if finish off the season in this same gutless manner.

Hopefully the owners are asking serious questions of purslow too , the season has been so poor and purslow smith and Suso should all hang their heads 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This will be fun. 

How could we possibly not beat champions league challenging wolves. 

Hides in the tunnel at the end, needs to realise making double substitutions break up our rhythm.

Players look beaten

Get him gone,couldnt care if he’s a Villa fan or whatever,the team looks clueless,we don’t have a Plan B and players look like they don’t want to play for him

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ll say it again. We are the worst team in the league and we’re playing as bad as we have all season, at the most crucial time. 

We are going down and it’s exactly what we deserve. 

We seem to have a plan earlier in the season,not now

2 goals in last 6 PL games.

No fight, no apparent tactics, defending too deep, dont press properly, the team looks like it isnt given any instructions.

Im not entirely blaming Smith, a few of the players just arent good enough, but on top of that it also looks like they arent being coached (inc. terry/rest of the coacing team in this), we have played most of the season like a team of headless chickens.

I can forgive player(s) not being technically good, i cant forgive the the fact we look less like a team now, than we did 6 months ago, the players are either not coached and managed properly, or they are just doing what they want, which isnt much.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

Hopefully the owners are asking serious questions of purslow too , the season has been so poor and purslow smith and Suso should all hang their heads 

My fear is that they'll be willing to give him a shot in the Championship because he took us up last season ahead of schedule, which of course ignores how utterly dreadful and spineless we've looked under him a lot of the time.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This will be fun. 

How could we possibly not beat champions league challenging wolves. 

Must have dreamt Watford beating Liverpool or Bournemouth beating Chelsea, when did this rule come in that you can't beat teams above you? It's not even about not winning its about another game where we played crap, another game with no proper clear chances, another game where every set piece is just off the cuff. We look clueless in every department and we are dead and buried if we carry on like this, how can you not see it? 

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We're going down with a whimper. We don't even look close to winning.

Yet apparently he should stay because he got us up last season?

Pathetic argument isn’t it - laughable really , get rid ASAP 

• Like 1

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

The lack of effort and lack of a plan is more important than the lack of a result here.

We changed line-up and formation again, but the style of play and approach was the same - except we had two isolated strikers instead of one.

No identity, no clue, no effort.

Ah yes but apparently this acceptable because all teams battling relegation apparently have no fight or look totally out of ideas?

• Like 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

You are getting annoying now, seriously.

Just fishing for a reaction at this point.

Same response after every game irrespective of what actually happens on the pitch. Be finishing the season on 5 points going from the “acceptable expectations”.

It cracks me up reading the match thread. 

Like I said over there, people were desperate for Jack to play central as if that was the problem. Turns out no, he's pretty ineffective in that position as I expected. Then you have people screaming for 2 up top as if that will solve everything and once again turns out no because quick reminder, we have the worst strike force in the entire league. Then to top it all off you have people moaning again to change something and the only pissing options we have are the 2 wingers EVERYONE wanted dropped. 

These players are not good enough full stop, no matter the tactics or formation. It's not as if we got smashed today, these players just couldn't have less killer instinct if they tried. 

We're going down and the sooner you all chill out the better, it makes watching Villa a lot less stressful. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

The lack of effort and lack of a plan is more important than the lack of a result here.

We changed line-up and formation again, but the style of play and approach was the same - except we had two isolated strikers instead of one.

No identity, no clue, no effort.

We've tried multiple things this season and nothing looks to work. 

I think that's so much more down to the quality of players than the manager  

He is a nice guy and I was desperate for him to succeed. But he's not good enough. The quality deficit of some of the players makes it challenging, but there's still too many errors and incompetencies which could be improved on that havent

• Like 1

Â