Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You’ve nailed your colours to the Smith can’t do anything wrong mast. 

I get it. 

But I don’t think it’s unreasonable for people to have expected us to stay up and be disappointed that we PROBABLY won’t, and we’re playing the worst football we’ve played all season while we go down. 

Your mockery of people who expect even a little bit better isn’t a good look. If Steve Bruce was putting in performances like we are you’d be at the head of the mob, pitchfork in hand. 

I like Smith. I don’t want him sacked. But he is not currently performing to the level required of him

Indeed, it's at a point where it defies logic and would come off as trolling if we didn't know the poster ffs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I haven't even heard him yet, but my mate who's a Wolves fan said we should be embarrassed by the comments he just made.

It was embarrassing said we haven’t played badly in the 4 games 

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

No one is gonna come in for 6 games unless guarantee of a contract, Big sam would have cut out the errors this shambles keep doing 

Maybe the offer of a contract if Succeeding in staying up ?

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Not by our own doing, so no we aren’t fighting at all. We’ve been lucky results have gone our way.

Two points from the last 24, isn’t fighting.

don't most teams who finish 17th have some luck that teams below them don't do better. 

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

This is mostly due to other teams around us not picking up that many points. We don't even look like trying to capitalise on that.

Its called a relegation battle. Have I missed something. Do teams at the bottom normally have loads of points at this stage of the season?

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Its called a relegation battle. Have I missed something. Do teams at the bottom normally have loads of points at this stage of the season?

IT'S. NOT. ABOUT. THE POINTS.

I don't know how else we can put this more clearly.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

No offence Eastie but JT cant even sort the defence out never mind the rest of the team 🙄

What makes you think that DS would listen to JT ? I am sure the whole backroom staff were telling DS that Wesley should not start every game BUT he did, didnt he for a total of something like 1 goal every 2 months but Smith stuck with him.I think that JT did suggest a different defence but Smith just would not listen.

JT would be a great choice as manager ( even for the short term ) he knows the squad,the first team and I am sure that with his experiance he would come up with better tactics than Smith.I also think that he could motovate the players,IMHO that is all that these players need,some decent mptovation.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

don't most teams who finish 17th have some luck that teams below them don't do better. 

DC, I dont know where you going with your defence of Smith, you must be friends. But I tell you one thing, there is no real hatred for Smith on here, fans are frustrated cause he is just not doing the job. An you know yourself, any other manager performing like this and he would be crucified by the fans you included.

Anyone League manager could do the job he is doing at the moment, anyone!!

21 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We've tried multiple things this season and nothing looks to work. 

I think that's so much more down to the quality of players than the manager  

We've sort of tried multiple things, but it's looked more like just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

What even was he formation today - 4132?  What was it last game - 4411?  When we had 3 central defenders was it 3 at the back or 5?

He's tried putting various combinations of 11 players on the field, but we've always ended up playing like some sort of amorphous blob.

We have a week between fixtures now. Roll the dice and get rid of Dean. Get a top coach in for a 6 game contract. Offer them £5m if they keep us up. You never know they may decide to stay next season if we go down like Rafa did at Newcastle. We all know what occurs if we do nothing!

• Like 2

Just now, Mantis said:

IT'S. NOT. ABOUT. THE POINTS.

I don't know how else we can put this more clearly.

Then you're living in dream land. 

Tell me all the teams that barely achieve 17th and do so in style and playing great football? 

Its just not something that really happens. Most teams who barely survive grind it out playing ugly football. 

For me, there is nothing to lose by sacking him now. However small, there might be a chance of new manager bounce keeping us up. We are almost certainly going down if Smith stays. If there was a style of play that looked promising then I’d be willing to keep him in the Championship next season, but there just isn’t anything there. Like a lot of Villa managers previously, he talks a good game, but that’s about it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No but they do normally display a bit of urgency

• Like 3

Over a week until our next game, this is the best chance we will get to change the manager, might be our only hope of surviving, might even be our only hope of at least giving it a good effort.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

DC, I dont know where you going with your defence of Smith, you must be friends. But I tell you one thing, there is no real hatred for Smith on here, fans are frustrated cause he is just not doing the job. An you know yourself, any other manager performing like this and he would be crucified by the fans you included.

Anyone League manager could do the job he is doing at the moment, anyone!!

My defence is only against the stupid over the top posts. 

I think he deserves criticism. He is not doing a great job. But, for me, I said 17th is our league title at the start of the year and I think he deserves to try and see that out. If he doesn't then he's failed his job. 

Â