Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Posted (edited)

Drew with LA Galaxy at home. 

This match is so bad that the highlight package includes a badly over hit corner. Not a badly over hit corner that turned into a chance, just a badly over hit corner. The corner is taken, sails over everyone's head, the last man collects it, and we cut to the next 'highlight'. Diabolical.

Edited by Chindie

32 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Drew with LA Galaxy at home. 

This match is so bad that the highlight package includes a badly over hit corner. Not a badly over hit corner that turned into a chance, just a badly over hit corner. The clever is taken, sails over everyone's head, the last man collects it, and we cut to the next 'highlight'. Diabolical.

Not sure that's on Deano really,  but it does highlight how much of a step up Duran will have to make to be the star of the show he thinks he already is. Yes he has ability, but he's got a long way to go to be the complete forward he can be. 

6 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Was that in a cup? I'd imagine LA and Charlotte play in different leagues?

No, it was a normal league match. The MLS is mental - the league this year has 29 teams, 15 in the Eastern Conference and 14 in the West, and each team has 6 (or 7, if you're in the West) of inter conference games, and then the expected American playoff series. They don't really 'do' cup games like we do - there's technically 2 'domestic' cup competitions, but one was so unpopular with MLS teams that they've made a compromise where they only enter academy sides and the other one includes Mexican teams and takes place, entirely, in a midseason month long 'league break'.

Coming from a European tradition of leagues and cups it's mental.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chindie said:

No, it was a normal league match. The MLS is mental - the league this year has 29 teams, 15 in the Eastern Conference and 14 in the West, and each team has 6 (or 7, if you're in the West) of inter conference games, and then the expected American playoff series. They don't really 'do' cup games like we do - there's technically 2 'domestic' cup competitions, but one was so unpopular with MLS teams that they've made a compromise where they only enter academy sides and the other one includes Mexican teams and takes place, entirely, in a midseason month long 'league break'.

Coming from a European tradition of leagues and cups it's mental.

Ahhh I just assumed east and west had their own league and like the top 4 from both go into some sort of playoff

7 hours ago, turnbull said:

This is truly wonderful.

Not going to lie, the waterworks appeared from me watching that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Not going to lie, the waterworks appeared from me watching that

It got me too TBH. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, turnbull said:

This is truly wonderful.

Somebody chopping onions? I’m pretty sure someone is chopping onions.

• Like 1

On 23/05/2024 at 09:09, turnbull said:

This is truly wonderful.

Omg that actually just broke me 😭 

• Like 1

Â