Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Smith is unfortunately in trouble, Southampton weren’t that good, but Emi kept us in the game. Started poorly which has been a trait for too many matches now, small reaction after half time, but backed by poor substitutions.

Nothing has gone Smiths way with injuries etc, but the players are not caring as their reaction has been mostly poor. Think the club may pull the trigger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yup. 

Today was bollocks, but who had faith looking at the lineup? Frankly, when I saw our lineup, I put £100 on Southampton, it looked like a relegation battling team.

Konsa, Ings and Luiz is the backbone of this team, and we had backups and pretenders in their place. Today shouldn't be what decides things on its onw, it's the year we've had that speaks volumes.

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Inevitable now and frankly indefensible, though I’m sure some will try.

He has spent £300m on that, £300m and having to throw AEG and hope for something. We’ve been crap for almost a year, enough is enough, thanks For everything but it is time to make the change before he takes us back down.

Unfortunately I agree . Not just this season there are periods when the team is set up dreadfully . We have been fortunate to pick up some results this year but on the whole we have been very poor . 

not sure who’s  out there but  this can’t continue as I hate to say it relegation is a serious threat to us . We simply have no midfield who can hold and control tempo of the game . This is where our games are won and lost . 

Does he always shake the hands of his backroom staff?  Looking at his face, I think he knows the trigger is about to be pulled.

He will show a lot of dignity if this is the moment.

I probably just about land in the reluctantly agree he should go camp.  But it's a long time since I've been sad about a manager potentially leaving.

Edited by Stephen_Evans
  • Like 1

I was a big Smith fan but I didnt like the marquee signing of ings and not a midfielder, the 532, whatever is happening with Sanson, his refusal to sub McGinn and playing Buendia out of position. Today I just cant agree with his subs and his throwing on forwards. We were on top- switch an AM for an AM. 

I suspect he'll be gone. 

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

We were actually doing ok second half until Buendia went off. From then we were just rubbish again. I feel for Dean. The players let him down tonight but sadly it’s time. Surely he can’t survive this.

The guy can’t even do more than 65 minutes. 

Â