Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, richp999 said:

If we get rid now we'll end up with a snap panic appointment. 

I'll give him until January at least. 

Id sack Shakespeare now though, who I think is pushing us in the wrong direction. 

We're in free fall buddy. 

We need to change or we are heading down. 

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's not the game to sack Smith on. Freak goal from Southampton and second half was a hell of a lot better.

In 2021 we have played 35 matches: won 11, drawn 6, lost 18, scored 41, conceded 51 with a return of 39 points.  He's not going to get sacked on a deserved 1-0 defeat to Southampton or 5 straight defeats.  This is now pretty much a full season (in terms of matches played) of under-performing.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

ROK is a huge miss imo. When he left that's when I sensed something might have been wrong behind the scenes. That's been his right hand man since day 1.

ROK and Terry leaving has been his demise, I don't care what anyone says. I don't think the players were happy with there departure either, an it shows.

• Like 3

To be clear, it's not the end for me because we've lost 5 in a row. That can happen in the PL; it shouldn't, but it can, and there is a danger of being 'fooled by randomness' with a lot of bad results happening in a row.

The reason it's the end for me is the nature of the performances over these 5 games. We look completely disorganised and half-arsed, and that's what can't be overlooked or brushed under the carpet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Good question. But now isn't the time. 

When is the time? When we are cut adrift in the bottom 3? 

Now is the perfect time, international break. Two weeks to get a new manager in to turn this around. I’ve seen nothing to suggest Smith can turn this around. A spirited 6 minutes in the second half doesn’t cut it sorry.

Just now, The_Steve said:

Smith's sacking wasn't determined by tonight alone, I imagine the board have long had plans in place if needed.

Well i hope the board are looking at some of the other higher ups at Villa too then, its not just Smith that is to blame for this. Whos is in charge of the consistently rubbish recruitment?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He was a breath of fresh air with his openness and insight in interviews when he joined us, but once again in recent weeks, I find myself wondering if he's trying to kid us or himself. 

Bit off both I’d wager.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

You respect the work he's done overall over the last 3 fecking years. You don't have to still want him around but the guy doesn't deserve a kicking or abuse. 

What abuse????????? I'm stating my opinion he's not upto the job now I didn't say he hasn't done a good job before I'm talking about now.

We're going backwards we're meant to be moving forward the performances are getting worse

Just now, villan501 said:

Oi I didn't insult him so don't start pointing the finger at me, I'm entitled to my opinion  and he's put of his depth.

I didn't say you insulted him, but you were replying  to a post that specifically said he shouldn't be insulted and deserves some basic respect...so if you agree, we have no problem here.

You don't have to respect every choice he makes, or even his managerial ability, but people are quite rightly getting angry about some posters lashing out with insults towards a man who's one of us and has served the club as best he can.

• Like 3

He hasn't had much luck with injuries etc, but ultimately its not like we've being giving it a good go but just been beaten by stronger sides. We have been absolutely abject far too many times over the last 10 months.

You might not be able to fully field the line up you want, but you can still have some semblance of organisation, style of play, actually be able to string a few passes together. Set pieces are a great leveller as well.

We've been awful in all these facets, and that stems from a manager who is out of his depth at this level and with the expectations that have been placed upon him. 

We simply look a poorly coached team, and the results are bearing that out.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

At the end of the day, when you’ve spent £340m and you are reduced to throwing AEG back in to try and save your job you’ve **** up somewhere down the line.

I’m fully aware of the context of the job at hand and how the money has had to be spent, nobody needs reminding. But to have spent that much and still be utterly hopeless with out Grealish is unacceptable, to have no style or pattern of play is unacceptable. To have a defence that poor is unacceptable. To have still not sorted the CM position is unacceptable.

The money we’ve spent from where we came from isn’t close to be enough to compete for the top 8 but what we’ve seen this season and this year is frankly awful and he needs to go.

I’ll always be grateful for him getting and keeping us up but I’ll always believe he was  largely carried by Grealish.

I very much disagree here.

Just now, Cliffy Biro said:

Well i hope the board are looking at some of the other higher ups at Villa too then, its not just Smith that is to blame for this. Whos is in charge of the consistently rubbish recruitment?

I'd currently also stab an accusatory finger at the recruitment of Buendia - our record signing - the guy has not shown he is premier league yet

Â