Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Time for him to go, seems a decent bloke but never been convinced by him as a manager. Him and the players have been riding the Grealish train for too long. Needs someone to show them how to play without him.

• Like 1

If your going to sack him, now is a very good time to do it. Two weeks to get someone, two months for the new manager to evaluate the problems, than a transfer window. Much as I want to support Dean it makes sense.

I think this is the end for Smith now, something somewhere has just gone completely wrong. I'm gutted. 

He's given me the best moments as a Villa fan, that playoff final day will never ever be topped. Genuinely sad it's likely going to end this way. 

• Like 3

I keep repeating that I'm not Deans biggest fan and he really doesn’t help himself at all but he is using players that have all but given up on him. They aren’t even trying. There’s no coming back from that. He’s lost them. It’s sad but mostly anger inducing. Something at this club has just dramatically changed really quickly for the worse. There’s no feel good at all.

Edited by Ingram85

I think nobody can argue anymore that Smith has been the architect of his own downfall. Too busy pissing around with formations rather than try to settle the players brought into their new surroundings. I think if he'd kept with what the team knew we might have more points on the board and he might not be hanging by the skin of his teeth. Times up now. 

Edited by avfc1982am

This is a sad one, and I will always have a soft spot for Dean; there have been a number of happy memories and good times and I think he can be proud of some or even most of what he has done here. But there is no more room for complacency, we are rapidly crashing out of this division. We are the 2nd worst side in the league right now, and soon enough the table will reflect that.

The whole management and coaching team need to be removed, immediately, and we had better hope that Purslow et al have got a rabbit up their sleeve in terms of who is coming in because make no mistake, we are in big big trouble.

• Like 4

Â