The NSWE Board

Guest av1

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I wonder if the £30m is for a player or for liquidity due to revenue shortfalls caused by Covid. 

I guess we'll find out shortly. 

I would assume for general cash-flow. Now the transfer window has finished (for us), they know what cash is needed for the extra players we bought during the window.

23 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

An extra 30 mills at this time could mean were going to bring in another player.

Hopefully Beundia or Kings.

There are literally 0 links from anyone even close to credible to suggest we are looking at bringing someone in. 

You have to remember we have now gone the equivalent of 12 home games without a fan attending. That alone is a huge revenue loss and points to this being covid-19 money I'm afraid. 

11 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

yup. wonder what it's for? Transfer outlay?

They could have bought Small Heath for that and still had change to break their transfer record 😀

We are very fortune to have the owners we do, hopefully when our next financial results come out in March we start to see us moving to a more healthy financial position.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

They could have bought Small Heath for that and still had change to break their transfer record 😀

We are very fortune to have the owners we do, hopefully when our next financial results come out in March we start to see us moving to a more healthy financial position.

Forget that, I hope they show 100% of the allowable FFP losses, for the next few years accounts at least! We should be spending up to our absolute allowable limit. We have much catching up to do to break the top half and then top 6. Making money is for losers!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Love you guys. 

robert downey jr kiss GIF

We had so many years of despair and now we are looking decent again for the first time in 10 years. It feels different this time though.

And also, I wonder if there was a massive war in 2018 and we are actually all in some weird dream state where things aren't actually real.

I do wonder if they might be up for something silly if we're still in the nosebleeds by January.

We have minimal quality depth, one or two good players that could provide options would be very helpful to the manager. He can make one sub that doesn't hurt the side at the moment.

Might need to make sure we stay under UEFA ffp though :)

36 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I do wonder if they might be up for something silly if we're still in the nosebleeds by January.

We have minimal quality depth, one or two good players that could provide options would be very helpful to the manager. He can make one sub that doesn't hurt the side at the moment.

Might need to make sure we stay under UEFA ffp though :)

Our owners don’t strike me as the “do something silly” kind.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/10/2020 at 12:43, TrentVilla said:

Our owners don’t strike me as the “do something silly” kind.

Their investment in our club has been silly, they can only make money by making us very successful and selling the club which unless we get a class of 92 come through requires much more investment.

OR

The premier league starts broadcasting its own games world wide and TV deals go to half a billion or more per club which they can then sell the club for a bunch more money keeping it on tick over.

Personally I think we have the rare alternative that they want a bit of fun so 'sense' doesn't come into it as it's their pleasure.

Either way I personally am very grateful, they are close to putting us back to where our default position used to be which is a real service to us considering what had happened. 

12 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Their investment in our club has been silly, they can only make money by making us very successful and selling the club which unless we get a class of 92 come through requires much more investment.

OR

The premier league starts broadcasting its own games world wide and TV deals go to half a billion or more per club which they can then sell the club for a bunch more money keeping it on tick over.

Personally I think we have the rare alternative that they want a bit of fun so 'sense' doesn't come into it as it's their pleasure.

Either way I personally am very grateful, they are close to putting us back to where our default position used to be which is a real service to us considering what had happened. 

Totally disagree they are pure money men and while this is enjoyable it’s a business venture. They bought a distressed business under value and have invested heavily but they aren’t on a whim.

• Like 1

I'm surprised they haven't done some sort of brand association yet, don't believe it's a play thing though, 2 successful businessmen, 1 of then already a sports team owner, they know what they're doing, on the surface it might look like a lot of investment with very little return but I'm sure it comes with a plan be it the PL growth over 10-15 years being higher than keeping their money in the bank, the land that comes with the club, whatever, it won't be frivolous 

50 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm surprised they haven't done some sort of brand association yet, don't believe it's a play thing though, 2 successful businessmen, 1 of then already a sports team owner, they know what they're doing, on the surface it might look like a lot of investment with very little return but I'm sure it comes with a plan be it the PL growth over 10-15 years being higher than keeping their money in the bank, the land that comes with the club, whatever, it won't be frivolous 

That would be the option where the PL sells the games directly to the public worldwide I mentioned then. 

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Totally disagree they are pure money men and while this is enjoyable it’s a business venture. They bought a distressed business under value and have invested heavily but they aren’t on a whim.

That's fine, but they have already spent hundreds of millions more than we are currently worth.

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

That's fine, but they have already spent hundreds of millions more than we are currently worth.

Well run PL clubs have, for the last few years, been showing a profit. Football is neither of our owners core businesses, but perhaps they see it as raising their own profiles and therefore it adds, to some extent,  prestige to other parts of their portfolio. They also seem to enjoy it, so if they can make us sustainable and successful on and off the pitch there’s no immediately obvious reason for them to want to sell up. I’d agree that they bought a distressed business at the right time, but I don’t think they were ever in it for a quick buck. 

I think we have been incredibly lucky to have these owners.

They have invested heavily but not so they put us at risk of penalties.

They seem to enjoy our success and we can see them celebrating at certain games but they don’t seem to seek limelight.

They don’t seem to meddle as we see from other owners.Sticking with Smith when things looked bleak was for me a great show of loyalty and the best option.We seemed to be prepared for relegation if it had happened.

Long may it continue.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, paul514 said:

Not quite sure on this - I reckon they're not far from even at the moment - they paid £60m for the club and I reckon it's currently worth around £300m or so. I think the difference is still roughly in line with what they've put in. That's the very roughest of fag-packet number crunching from me though.

• Like 1

Â