The NSWE Board

Guest av1

9 hours ago, TRO said:

Hey, I slipped it out in fun, in answering a post.....but everyone has been sweet.

just tell your pals get PSA tested, because I had no symptoms.

Googled this after you said it - but can I ask what age you started taking these tests? If I went down this road I might end up getting every test known to man done every year unecessarily out of paranoia...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Googled this after you said it - but can I ask what age you started taking these tests? If I went down this road I might end up getting every test known to man done every year unecessarily out of paranoia...

The recommendation is 55+ generally, or 40+ if a father or brother has had it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TRO said:

Just receiving treatment for  Prostate Cancer so I can't even do that....🙄😀

All the best fella.

Onto more trivial things - NSWE are amazing owners so far (but so was Lerner 2 years in). Can't fault them; they are clearly engaged (unlike Randy) and committed to the club, and don't say things for the sake of it (like Tony); or appoint some General to engage but who hasn't got much of a clue or say. The fact that we'll build sensibly is more comforting to me than them going mad in 1 year and then it's shit or bust.(Although £100m+ 2 years on the trot seems bonkers to me).

I think these guys may deserve a stand named after them more than anyone once the journey is over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A few weeks ago, I was having doubts about our ability to strengthen....I now want to eat humble pie.

My apologies to the owners, for doubting them.

They really are a pair of Topmen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

A few weeks ago, I was having doubts about our ability to strengthen....I now want to eat humble pie.

My apologies to the owners, for doubting them.

They really are a pair of Topmen.

Don’t apologise, they read your post and thought, “ah crap that TRO fella has a point, let’s prove him wrong”

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Don’t apologise, they read your post and thought, “ah crap that TRO fella has a point, let’s prove him wrong”

They need to join the queue.😀

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Nice to see Sawiris in the stands at Craven Cottage. I like the visage of this guy. Good to have what appears to be competent owners who are strategic and have the funds to build the club back up. 

I wish they'd use this Covid season to rebuild the North Stand and fill in the corners.

Feels like we are up to stay!

It's reassuring to know that they are proper businessmen whose wealth is transparent. 

Seeing Sawiris' Adidas facemask and his equity in the company, would imagine they will be our kit manufacturers down the road. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Nice to see Sawiris in the stands at Craven Cottage. I like the visage of this guy. Good to have what appears to be competent owners who are strategic and have the funds to build the club back up. 

I wish they'd use this Covid season to rebuild the North Stand and fill in the corners.

A nice suprise to see him in the stands and I agree, now would be a great time to knock down the concrete eyesore of the north stand while no fans are in stadiums, it would be redeveloped and finished by the time fans are allowed back into stadiums imo.

38 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

A nice suprise to see him in the stands and I agree, now would be a great time to knock down the concrete eyesore of the north stand while no fans are in stadiums, it would be redeveloped and finished by the time fans are allowed back into stadiums imo.

Thirded, I always thought the north stand was a huge job though due to all the offices and such

Great to see Sawiris in the stand yesterday - probably coincided with his business in London.
I think the vision and ambitions of men like Sawiris and Edens probably are greater than knocking down the North Stand,  I have never bought into the financial merits of doing that.  I think they would be more likely facilitate a complete stadium rebuild to future proof us.
No one can say that these guys have not been anything but brilliant for us.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Great to see Sawiris in the stand yesterday - probably coincided with his business in London.
I think the vision and ambitions of men like Sawiris and Edens probably are greater than knocking down the North Stand,  I have never bought into the financial merits of doing that.  I think they would be more likely facilitate a complete stadium rebuild to future proof us.
No one can say that these guys have not been anything but brilliant for us.

The only thing with a new stadium rebuild is that it would probably need to move location - it doesn’t look like there is enough space to make it bigger, particularly as houses are so close and I’d imagine the land for the Mansion is protected. The only room looks to be the north stand car park. So I certainly don’t think we could expect a brand new stadium in the same spot. 
Adding to the existing one seems more likely and one I reckon 99% of fans would prefer over a complete relocate...

Could be completely wrong, I’m just going off Google maps and know nothing about planning! 

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

He ACTUALLY looks like he is seriously analysing the game as well. ( Obviously just from clips lol )

Basically, not an owner just there to gloat with his mates about his little plaything.

Mr Purslow says that they're not looking to move from Villa Park ever and that they're not planning on redeveloping the North Stand at any time in the near future.

1 hour ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

He lives in London.

• Like 3

Â