The NSWE Board

Guest av1

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not quite sure on this - I reckon they're not far from even at the moment - they paid £60m for the club and I reckon it's currently worth around £300m or so. I think the difference is still roughly in line with what they've put in. That's the very roughest of fag-packet number crunching from me though.

Yea but throw in clearing all the debts, the transfer spend, covering losses and buying the ground from themselves.... thats got to be far in excess of 300

On 04/11/2020 at 14:02, Villaphan04 said:

Looks like Maguire's PoF podcast episode coming out later tonight will have little (probably 2/3 min) talk about a question with Villa's finances. Might be able to shed a little light on this 

24 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Looks like Maguire's PoF podcast episode coming out later tonight will have little (probably 2/3 min) talk about a question with Villa's finances. Might be able to shed a little light on this 

If anyone listens and he does can someone post what is said?

On 08/11/2020 at 13:08, paul514 said:

If anyone listens and he does can someone post what is said?

So I will try to summarize it:

He was asked pretty much what is going on, and how were we able to spend all the cash last year & this year. His answer was amortization, where we spread the cost of buying the player over the length of their contract. Our owners are regularly putting large amounts of cash into the club (20 mil) recently which deals with day to day costs. Mentioned stadium sale & part of the HS2 rail project. Last, when we were relegated we did something called "impairment" which accelerated the losses into the years which we were in the Premier League.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

So I will try to summarize it:

Cheers mate. Ah impairment, I have dealt with that a few fiscal years particularly around acquisitions. If I never hear the word "depreciation" ever again I will be happy :)

edit: I am not a finance bod so I cant give you an explanation. My background is as a GM or CEO.  I just nod along in meetings and say things like "feels like we should be focused on our repeatable fixed costs" then every body in the room nods and we all pretend we understand what the CFO is talking about.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Haha 4

On 11/11/2020 at 00:05, ciggiesnbeer said:

Cheers mate. Ah impairment, I have dealt with that a few fiscal years particularly around acquisitions. If I never hear the word "depreciation" ever again I will be happy :)

edit: I am not a finance bod so I cant give you an explanation. My background is as a GM or CEO.  I just nod along in meetings and say things like "feels like we should be focused on our repeatable fixed costs" then every body in the room nods and we all pretend we understand what the CFO is talking about.

The CFO of my company was fired a few years ago when the reporting moved from EBITDA to EBITDAR and when someone asked what the R was for he couldn't say. The CEO said he couldn't trust a man with the company finances when he didn't even know what his own figures represented. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wolves to discontinue with Adidas and will sign a kit deal  with Castor.  Hopefully, Nassef can get us in with Adidas once our Fanatics deal comes to an end.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/wolves-castore-kit-deal-saracens-rugby? 

Interestingly, Wolves is only getting 1M a year from Castor. They are a long way away from being an attractive club marketing wise.

19 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

see this is kind of what worries me. billionaires dont become billionaires running charities or passion projects. If they weigh up the potential sale of jack based on a purely pragmatic, business decision then it probably makes sense to get rid.

I say the sooner we get Jack hooked up with Mallory the more confident i'll feel of him staying

christian bale smiling GIF

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

see this is kind of what worries me. billionaires dont become billionaires running charities or passion projects. If they weigh up the potential sale of jack based on a purely pragmatic, business decision then it probably makes sense to get rid.

I say the sooner we get Jack hooked up with Mallory the more confident i'll feel of him staying

It won't make sense if they want us to become a top club competing at the highest level, as is their stated aim.   You only get that by keeping your best players. 

It's a no from me on Mallory.  She's not going to move to Brum so Jack would likely end up prematurely in the MLS. 

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

Wolves to discontinue with Adidas and will sign a kit deal  with Castor.  Hopefully, Nassef can get us in with Adidas once our Fanatics deal comes to an end.

Interestingly, Wolves is only getting 1M a year from Castor. They are a long way away from being an attractive club marketing wise.

I prefer the Kappa kits to just having a generic Adidas one myself.  I'd say it's more likely that Nike would come calling with Jack's profile going through the roof, they'd probably like to see him photographed in Nike boots and kits for England and Villa.

19 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd say it's more likely that Nike would come calling with Jack's profile going through the roof, they'd probably like to see him photographed in Nike boots 

Wouldn't that be a side deal between Grealish and Nike, rather than between Villa and Nike?

Think that quite a few of our academy players have boot deals with Adidas, don't know if that's because of Sawiris, or just Adidas purposely sponsoring as many youngsters as possible on the off chance that they become big stars.

47 minutes ago, useless said:

Think that quite a few of our academy players have boot deals with Adidas, don't know if that's because of Sawiris, or just Adidas purposely sponsoring as many youngsters as possible on the off chance that they become big stars.

Probably the latter, I doubt Sawiris has that much to do with stuff like that, he is just a shareholder from what I remember.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It won't make sense if they want us to become a top club competing at the highest level, as is their stated aim.   You only get that by keeping your best players. 

It's a no from me on Mallory.  She's not going to move to Brum so Jack would likely end up prematurely in the MLS. 

I'd end up prematurely if I was dating her too to be fair

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

going OT here but they've pulled out of a £3m a year deal to sign a £1m a year deal that doesn't include the retail rights, so wolves will sell the kits direct themselves or via someone like fanatics 

and people's reaction to that is that we should get adidas? we have a deal that obviously suits us and you would like to think makes us the most money, being in control of retail perhaps offers that hence why wolves were willing to take the pay cut

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

If you look at Edens and his US team they have a superstar player who they could have sold for big bucks but instead fought for and kept and they've now become champions. I'm sure they'll be hoping for the same here. 

• Like 4

Â