The NSWE Board

Guest av1

4 hours ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

It'd have been disastrous for the Bucks had Giannis not signed. If anything, this is protecting Edens's investment. Can't be bad for either Bucks or Villa.

It is, totally. But, in short, I'm wondering if he's rich enough.

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's just over a pound a second for every moment of that young man's life for the next five years - about the same speed as a petrol pump goes.

This has blown my mind.

And made me really angry at the same time. 

Nice work, sir. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, useless said:

The initial investment into us, as in how much they gave Xia for fifty five percent of the club was nowhere near £150m, I think it was around £30m.

Pretty sure they paid a lot more than 30 million.

It was widely reported at the time that they paid £30m for the initial 55 percent. That's a lot of money for a championship club that was in the amount of trouble we were in at the time, Xia was luckyto get that as we were on the verge of administration, they could have waited for that to happen and picked up for cheaper.

On 15/12/2020 at 21:53, Tomaszk said:

Wes Edens just signed their 26 year old star NBA player, Giannis, to 5 year contract worth £650k a week if he hits all the bonuses.

These chaps have the ambition.

I have no doubt he has ambition but this isn't really something unusual. Most teams, who hit lucky in the draft and find a mega star like Giannis, will try to keep them with a super max contract. I'm sure there are rules that would prevent Giannis from earning as much if he left. It helps teams try and keep hold of star players. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, useless said:

It was widely reported at the time that they paid £30m for the initial 55 percent. That's a lot of money for a championship club that was in the amount of trouble we were in at the time, Xia was luckyto get that as we were on the verge of administration, they could have waited for that to happen and picked up for cheaper.

Yea I was talking about the whole 100% and I believe it came with strings attached to pay some debt too if memory serves...

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I have no doubt he has ambition but this isn't really something unusual. Most teams, who hit lucky in the draft and find a mega star like Giannis, will try to keep them with a super max contract. I'm sure there are rules that would prevent Giannis from earning as much if he left. It helps teams try and keep hold of star players. 

Should be a PL ruling that a club can pay a homegrown player who has come through the academy whatever they like too without it being offset against FFP. Jack should be allowed to earn his worth with us instead of being tempted elsewhere if bigger wages are offered.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

Yea I was talking about the whole 100% and I believe it came with strings attached to pay some debt too if memory serves...

so £30m for 55%, we can assume another £25m for the remaining 45%... plus had to pay Lerner another £20m for being promoted.

So around £75m in total.

50 minutes ago, ender4 said:

so £30m for 55%, we can assume another £25m for the remaining 45%... plus had to pay Lerner another £20m for being promoted.

So around £75m in total.

You could argue buying Villa Park to avoid FFP was part of buying the club also.

On 15/12/2020 at 17:12, useless said:

Madison Square Garden Sports are apparently worth around $4B, so a five percent investment in them would dwarf the initial investment in us.

Sawiris and Eden's initial investment, that is the first investment to buy a share in the club, was £30m for 55 percent. I was making a comparison between that and how much it would take to buy 5 percent of a company supposely worth $4B, 5 percent of $4B which I think is around $200m dwarfs £30m.

Of course NSWE have put more money in since but that wasn't the initial investment and has nothing to do with how much the club was worth when they bought it.

Also the promotion bonus to Lerner was owed to him by Xia, but he couldn't afford to pay it, so Sawiris and Edens paid for it in exchange for Xia's remaining 45%, that's probably an over simplification of these matters work, but was basically how it was reported at the time.

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Should be a PL ruling that a club can pay a homegrown player who has come through the academy whatever they like too without it being offset against FFP. Jack should be allowed to earn his worth with us instead of being tempted elsewhere if bigger wages are offered.

Absolutely. The American leagues have some good ideas to try and allow teams to keep big name players. 

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

So around £75m in total.

Possibly yea I seem to have a vague figure of 80 in my head.

They didn't give Xia money for his remaining shares and pay off the money he owed to Lerner. They bought the initial 55 percent for a reported £30m, and then when Xia couldn't afford to pay the reported £30m that he owed to Lerner upon promotion, Edens and Sawiris paid it off for him in, essentially in exchange for his remaining shares.

• Thanks 1

Can see why these guys are billionaire s - on the verge of bankruptcy when they took over ...

Top half of the prem now - quality players all over the pitch - hoovering up youth team talent from all over...

Hasn't looked so good since the very early Randy Lerner days - but probably with a more solid structure.

• Like 4

It couldnt have gone any better could it? Truly remarkable turnaround. I was extremely worried when those reports broke after the playoff final. Didnt know if we’d find a buyer, even if we did, I just expected another chancer to follow on and not get it right. Was resigned to losing Jack and anyone decent before remaining a lower league club and struggling for God knows how many years. I prayed for the best but didnt expect to hit the jackpot.

When we can go back to Villa Park, there should be some massive banners made in appreciation of these two. We are on an amazing footing now, everything is on the up and up. Best owners, best manager, best captain, best squad, best academy we’ve had in a lot of fans lifetimes. All thanks to these guys, their actions, their appointments. Definitely the happiest we’ve all been as a collective in over a decade. Lerner’s tagline would be fitting for this era; not his.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

When we can go back to Villa Park, there should be some massive banners made in appreciation of these two. We are on an amazing footing now, everything is on the up and up. Best owners, best manager, best captain, best squad, best academy we’ve had in a lot of fans lifetimes. All thanks to these guys, their actions, their appointments. Definitely the happiest we’ve all been as a collective in over a decade. Lerner’s tagline would be fitting for this era; not his.

Still no theme park thou...

• Haha 1

Â