The NSWE Board

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I went to watch Villa there last year. Wouldn't swap it for VP in a million years. 

but they've got beer glasses that full from the bottom in less than 5 seconds - surely we need no better reason to demolish and start again 🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I do think Spurs' stadium is incredible, much better than most of the new bowls around like Arsenal and City.

Don't care though, I'd rather redo bits of VP at a higher cost than move.

I thought it lacked soul, like a shopping center with some football fans and tourists. VP 100% any time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I thought it lacked soul, like a shopping center with some football fans and tourists. VP 100% any time.

I still don't understand how they still haven't got a sponsor for it.  They must be missing out on a fortune.  I hope we only go for a bigger North Stand in the way they redeveloped Anfield but NSWE are probably right in saying it won't happen any time soon. 

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I do think Spurs' stadium is incredible, much better than most of the new bowls around like Arsenal and City.

Don't care though, I'd rather redo bits of VP at a higher cost than move.

Yes agreed just buy up peoples house, business and make VP bigger and better, may take longer but surely that would be cheaper than paying and buying for  a whole new stadium right??

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Villa park just needs the corners filled in. Then it will be amazing. Doesn’t even need to add that much capacity. 

Pretty sure you could do that making it oval and add more tiers upwards. Arnt there stadiums that have 3 tiers. Or could bring the second tier further down past the middle with more seating added.

Pretty sure when the General was on here in the earlier days of Randy, they had plans to fill in corners (Holte still on its own) and re-do the North stand and got us close to 55k. 

still a solid capacity that by any stretch. It’s about developing other areas of the grounds to make it a real hub.

still think they should dig down for a multi level car park and stick a hotel on the site. 

8 hours ago, SuperTed said:

Slightly off topic but did you see the wooden seats where he was sat? I said to my old man that’s our billionaire owner sat in a shed of a stadium. Say what you want about everyone wanting to invest in London but our structure is substantially better than a team with a SW postcode. 

I like that they've kept what look like original seats in that section of the ground. 

• Like 1

With the talk of a new stadium I will state something obvious that from a quick glance no one else has....

The reason (insert team name) has built a new stadium is to increase revenue and they couldn't do that sufficiently at the old stadium location, we can and to a large degree.

I don't believe we will ever move until VP has been fully developed and it has become blindingly obvious we need to move. That situation is so far away from today (probably several decades) it isn't even worth discussing.

Edited by paul514

31 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I would settle for Villa Park being made more beautiful even if it is never made bigger.  I wonder what an imaginative architect could do with the Trinity, using the existing structure but redesigning the exterior.

This.  Think Wes Edens mentioned that Villa Park was like the Fenway Park of English football. Let's keep it that way.

Â