The NSWE Board

Guest av1

There was a long article in The Athletic about them a week or so back, a lot of it things already widely known amongst Villa fans, but a few interesting things as well that I wasn't aware.

I read it as it was posted on another forum.

Egyptian Billionaire Builds Stake in Owner of Knicks, Rangers

The family office of Egyptian billionaire Nassef Sawiris disclosed that it has a 5% stake in Madison Square Garden Sports Corp., the holding company that owns the New York Knicks and Rangers.

NNS Holding disclosed the passive stake in a regulatory filing Thursday. The filing also said that the position will grow to roughly 6.3% by March, making Sawiris one of the three largest owners of the stock.

Bloomberg

The Knicks are in the top 3 most dysfunctional franchises in the NBA and have been for some time, but because of their location and associated assets they are no doubt one of the most valuable.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/msg-sports-nassef-sawiris-investment-stake-new-york-knicks-rangers

So Sawiris now owns 5% of New York Knicks in basketball, 5% of New York Rangers in Ice Hockey, 6% of Adidas and 50% of Aston Villa.

Wes Edens owns 50% of Milwaukee Bucks also in basketball, 100% of FlyQuest team in Esports and 50% of Aston Villa.

Interesting mix of sport ownership. I wonder if any of it will benefit Villa?

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, LockStockVilla said:

Good year for Wes Edens, managing to keep another star player on his teams as it looks like Giannis Antetokounmpo is signing a new deal to stay with Milwaukee. 

I both like and don't like this. Obviously, it's good Wes puts the money on the table when needed. That's the most important thing.

However, he's not astronomically rich, and as business NBA is in a hole with COVID... hopefully Wes has enough wealth and will to support both teams. He's not in it alone, but still...

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I both like and don't like this. Obviously, it's good Wes puts the money on the table when needed. That's the most important thing.

However, he's not astronomically rich, and as business NBA is in a hole with COVID... hopefully Wes has enough wealth and will to support both teams. He's not in it alone, but still...

It'd have been disastrous for the Bucks had Giannis not signed. If anything, this is protecting Edens's investment. Can't be bad for either Bucks or Villa.

Â