The NSWE Board

Guest av1

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

4633499722_06b03afbce_z.jpg

All this talk of upgrading the stadium worries me a little. Look at it - it's a thing of beauty. I agree with upgrading the North Stand and maybe filling in the corners, but they shouldn't feel the need to do too much. VP is a huge part of our identity, and we shouldn't mess with it.

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

With the talk of a new stadium I will state something obvious that from a quick glance no one else has....

The reason (insert team name) has built a new stadium is to increase revenue and they couldn't do that sufficiently at the old stadium location, we can and to a large degree.

I don't believe we will ever move until VP has been fully developed and it has become blindingly obvious we need to move. That situation is so far away from today (probably several decades) it isn't even worth discussing.

You missed off that part of that revenue increase is what they can with the place on the 346 days of the year with no games

Still believe that's what Swiss Tony meant with his theme park (from my experience there tge chinese would refer to bicester as a themed park) 

That has to be the demand and the trinity facilities are great yet largely unused I think 

24 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Just read a tweet from @markavfc40 that on this day 2 years ago we lost 2-1 to Millwall and sat 15th in the Championship.

Prior to that we could've gone out of business.

I was calling for Dean Smith to be replaced in February but they held their course and how it's paying off.

Credit to Mr Edens and Mr Sawiris.  We owe them everything.

That is true mate. I picked Dean out as just being the face of it all really but it obviously goes way beyond him and starts with the owners, down through Purslow, Dean Smith, his coaching team and then the players.

The turnaround has been nothing short of remarkable has it and I think having experienced the lows, and for a club the size of ours the indignity of the 2015/16 season and not even reaching 20 points was arguably an all time low, to then as you say sitting in the Championship and nearly going out of business in the summer of 2018 to now two years later having just beaten the reigning Premier League Champions 7-2 in the league is the stuff of fairy tales. 

Who knows where this all ends and maybe this is as good as it gets. I have a feeling this story has a way to run yet though.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

That is true mate. I picked Dean out as just being the face of it all really but it obviously goes way beyond him and starts with the owners, down through Purslow, Dean Smith, his coaching team and then the players.

The turnaround has been nothing short of remarkable has it and I think having experienced the lows, and for a club the size of ours the indignity of the 2015/16 season and not even reaching 20 points was arguably an all time low, to then as you say sitting in the Championship and nearly going out of business in the summer of 2018 to now two years later having just beaten the reigning Premier League Champions 7-2 in the league is the stuff of fairy tales. 

Who knows where this all ends and maybe this is as good as it gets. I have a feeling this story has a way to run yet though.

This story will become legendary, This is the first time my boys have seen what Aston Villa is all about and all its glory. The lion is awake and is hungry and will feed and feed and feed

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

This story will become legendary, This is the first time my boys have seen what Aston Villa is all about and all its glory. The lion is awake and is hungry and will feed and feed and feed

Finally ran out of likes on this. 

But LIKE. 

I said to my 18yr old who has mainly known us as pretty shit that he now has something to tell his Grandkids. 

I cannot express how grateful I am to Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris for what they have done for our club. 

They without doubt saved it from extinction.  They've poured money into the club time and time again.  Last season it looked like they might have taken a massive knock back that they just didn't deserve. 

They deserve to reap the pleasure and enjoyment they must now be feeling that they are finally seeing the fruits of their labour. 

Well done gentleman and thank you. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I cannot express how grateful I am to Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris for what they have done for our club. 

They without doubt saved it from extinction.  They've poured money into the club time and time again.  Last year it looked like they might have taken a massive knock back that they just didn't deserve. 

They deserve to reap the pleasure and enjoyment they must now be feeling that they are finally seeing the fruits of their labour. 

Well done gentleman and thank you. 

And yet I get the feeling they want more than the one-off win against Liverpool and finishing lower/mid table.

We will get set backs on this journey and I hope people remember this sentiment when we don’t meet the enhanced expectations in a few years time 😀

EG: we only finish 5th rather than qualifying for the champions league 😬😀

Not all heroes wear capes. They are our heroes, make no mistake about it. We not only have a club in existence thanks to them but a club that is moving forwards in every possible way. They should never have to pay for a drink in Birmingham.

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

And yet I get the feeling they want more than the one-off win against Liverpool and finishing lower/mid table.

We will get set backs on this journey and I hope people remember this sentiment when we don’t meet the enhanced expectations in a few years time 😀
EG: we only finish 5th rather than qualifying for the champions league 😬😀

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Come on. Amazon Prime give Villa an All or Nothing documentary

We would all love see this of a club steeping in history moving back up to the very top again.

Thanks to NSWE. ❤️

Even if this season turns out with us finishing steady in mid-table (which tbf is one of the more likely outcomes), the past 27 months or so have been nothing short of sensational.

• Like 2

On 30/09/2020 at 13:09, Greenfly said:

All this talk of upgrading the stadium worries me a little. Look at it - it's a thing of beauty. I agree with upgrading the North Stand and maybe filling in the corners, but they shouldn't feel the need to do too much. VP is a huge part of our identity, and we shouldn't mess with it.

Redeveloping the north stand and filling in those corners would get us to 50,000. More than enough for us for a good long while. 

we still need a small multi storey car park and hotel on the site. Huge Warner that could be, especially for events 

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Even if this season turns out with us finishing steady in mid-table (which tbf is one of the more likely outcomes), the past 27 months or so have been nothing short of sensational.

After the last 3 seasons, I'd be over the moon with a boring and safe mid-table finish.

• Like 2

Â