The NSWE Board

Guest av1

Just now, sidcow said:

These boys were serious when they talked about operating at the top of English football again weren't they! 

They were. I’ve said it over and over they didn’t buy us just to see what happens, they bought us for a real journey. They have everything they could ever want materially, this is something else.

They said they’d do it, wow, have they done it !

• Like 4

We were a cracking investment really.

We've got a name that is well known, we've got history, a good fan base. We're also in an area without any kind of giant. The potential is there for us to be massive, if managed correctly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Thought this was worth a bump. What these guys have achieved and the money that they have spent in 12 months is nothing short of miraculous. I have never been so excited about a new season and these guys are absolutely the driving force behind that optimism. A big thanks and well done from me. I work all over the UK and no matter where I am people want to talk about what is happening at B6. We are firmly back on the map.

Here here! Actions speak louder than words, there has never been a brand new premier league manager backed to this extent, ever. Fooking amazing!!

• Like 1

Judging by the reaction on social media platforms over the last couple of weeks, Marvelous and Trezeguet are going to be a huge boon for us commercially should they perform well on the pitch. It cannot be underestimated how much they bloody love football in Africa. 

Now I doubt very much whether that was at the forefront of anybody's mind when looking at these players, but at the same time it will be interesting to see what impact it has and how the club take advantage of it. We need to be successful of course, but there's ultimately nothing stopping Aston Villa becoming a massive global brand one continent at a time. We've got all the right ingredients.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2019 at 22:26, KMitch said:

Dr Fraud is officially gone!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49289990

Couldn't pay the 30 million he owed to Lerner after our promotion, so NSWE paid it and took over Xia's stake in the club.  He's officially gone, boys!!!

Just seen this. These owners are really excellent. Great to see them at the game on Saturday.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Revealed: Aston Villa receive another cash injection as Sawiris and Edens act again

This is the sixth time money has been raised via share issue since November last year

Aston Villa's benefactor owners are showing no signs of slowing down with their investment into the club, having injected a little over £22million via a share issue.

A filing on Companies House shows that 22,409,659 shares have been allotted by the club’s parent company, Recon Group UK, at £1 each.

100% of the value of the shares has been paid at the time of issue, with a value of just over £22.4million.

Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens - Villa's billionaire owners - have now injected well over £200million via share issues since they took control of the club from Tony Xia last year.

There are no details as to what the money may be in aid of, but allotting shares is a fairly standard practice to finance a business so that it may meet cash-flow requirements or pay off debts.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-aston-villa-receive-another-16831574

• Like 1

On 28/06/2019 at 16:17, rubberman said:

Shrewd move financially it seems.  Hopefully includes buyback clauses when/if they move on though.  

I think if they decided to move on, they would act honourably.....so I don't see much to worry about.

I think we now have thoroughly decent owners....They are on the cusp of something big, The biggest hurdle has been achieved, the next biggest is staying up, but the magnitude is slowly diminishing, the good times are around the corner.....They won't sell.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What a time to be a Villa fan.

All the teams around us wanted us so badly to fail after all the money we spent. Little do they know we are going nowhere.

Kinda hope we are going somewhere :D ;)

• Like 1

Â