Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Just now, CVByrne said:

Thought Lange is accepting a new role in V Sports and it's Purslow who has decided he would rather step down than take new role. 

You may be right. I thought the Lange accepting a new role was a rumour and also seen West Spam interested in him, so would be interested to see where he lands.

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Doesn’t he have an element of ownership? A small percentage?

I also seem to remember something about this , can’t remember exactly what was said though

Did a fantastic job overall so kind of sad to see him go.

I think we can all agree he is best when talking about FFP and my hope is The Prem have asked him to spearhead the prosecution against City.

Would be hard to do that job and be CEO of Villa so we see the benefit of him proving they are cheats and give Emery what he wants.

Everyone is happy, football as a whole has its Knight in Shining Armour.  Villa move on upwards.  Purslow leads the fight for good.

Just now, Spoony said:

****disclaimer I can’t be bothered to check if this joke has been done

Have we identified his key skills and will we replace him with 3 new directors? 

yeah - bin dunne

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

****disclaimer I can’t be bothered to check if this joke has been done

Have we identified his key skills and will we replace him with 3 new directors? 

It’s likely that he will 😂 Monchi- Heck-Lange

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think we can rule out Gerrard. That was 8 months ago now. 

I'm sure if that had anything to do with it they would have got rid of him ages ago. 

I’m not saying it IS because of Gerrard, but how does this ‘rule out’ Gerrard?

Gerrard is pretty much the only thing he got wrong.

I’d say that he lost a lot of credibility with the owners by maybe talking them out of sacking Gerrard by sticking his own neck out, after which he found his opinion devalued, and decided to leave as a consequence.

Total speculation of course.

Regardless, he can leave with his head held high.  I think he did a fantastic job, and I’m very sad to see him go.

I also agree that giving Emery TOO much power could backfire if form drops, or he is poached.

Â