Christian Purslow

villan-scott

22 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think I read somewhere it was 3%. I don't think the actual amount is too important, the important point is that CP has got skin in the game

It was 3%. But this is now significantly diluted with all the equity the owners have poured in since the takeover, it’s possibly now only 1 or 2 percent.

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

It was 3%. But this is now significantly diluted with all the equity the owners have poured in since the takeover, it’s possibly now only 1 or 2 percent.

That depends on the type of share. These type of shares for key personnel are normally not subject to dilution. 

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

this will be interesting 

Said a month back when some got jittery about us losing games and it was every one out

What I like about purslow which is maybe a bit understated is that I trust him to carry through the "big club" mentality that the fans mostly still have and want us to have, Leicester and Wolves aren't stepping up on this, not even Liverpool or man city, our guy is 

I picture him being incredibly vocal in the PL meetings and having a proper Billy big bollocks attitude 

And for us that's not a bad thing 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

this will be interesting 

I saw this earlier but couldn’t quite work out how important it was. It’s an event that student can buy tickets for so an Interesting discussion panel rather than a meeting for change? Not sure?

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said a month back when some got jittery about us losing games and it was every one out

What I like about purslow which is maybe a bit understated is that I trust him to carry through the "big club" mentality that the fans mostly still have and want us to have, Leicester and Wolves aren't stepping up on this, not even Liverpool or man city, our guy is 

I picture him being incredibly vocal in the PL meetings and having a proper Billy big bollocks attitude 

And for us that's not a bad thing 

I like him.

But his choice of managers looks to be his weak spot so far. 

• Haha 1

Just now, hippo said:

I like him.

My understanding is that under a proper sporting director model Lange would appoint the manager 

But apparently he's a glorified scout who does nothing... But seriously moving forward if we kept the same infrastructure I'd expect Lange to be having a big say in the manager role not purslow on a one man crusade 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

My understanding is that under a proper sporting director model Lange would appoint the manager 

But apparently he's a glorified scout who does nothing... But seriously moving forward if we kept the same infrastructure I'd expect Lange to be having a big say in the manager role not purslow on a one man crusade 

I think it's a reasonable guess that CP gets over involved in the football side of things - the purchase of Ings and the appointment of Gerrard look to be at his door imo.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think it's a reasonable guess that CP gets over involved in the football side of things - the purchase of Ings and the appointment of Gerrard look to be at his door imo.

Doesn’t Purslow have a similar role to Levy at Spurs (no comparisons between the two apart from the job descriptions)?

Hands-on ceo and part owner, has a DoF/sporting director but handles some important things like picking managers.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I saw this earlier but couldn’t quite work out how important it was. It’s an event that student can buy tickets for so an Interesting discussion panel rather than a meeting for change? Not sure?

https://www.lawinsport.com/sports-law-events/conference/155-football-law-2022-player-transfers-agents-politics-and-the-business-of-football

Well they start the weekend with a four-hour drinking session watching the final matches of the PL season, so who knows whether any serious work will be done after that 😉

Day 1

16:00 – 20:00 Social Evening - networking drinks. We have hired a bar in Mayfair, Central London to watch the final games of the Premier League season whilst meeting colleagues and friends. 

• Haha 3

He's a smart cookie. Government decides it might put in a formal oversight group to oversee football after the super league and smaller teams going bust; Purslow makes sure that he's on good terms with the people involved and right in the middle of governments plans.

When they come to decide how they'll involve themselves, Aston Villa will have had a say in their thoughts. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hippo said:

I like him.

Did you think smith was a weak appointment? Two appointments i think uts a bit too soon to say that.

Gerrard hasnt been great but we need to give him abit of time. Even chelsea spurs and liverpool dont get it right. It happens. Its just if its 5 or 6 failure managers in a row.

I think purslow is doing well

• Like 2

I’m good with Purslow generally just surprised he took such a massive risk in a key decision at this pivotal point for the club.  Fair play if it does pay off down the line but such a risk.

• Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

I’m good with Purslow generally just surprised he took such a massive risk in a key decision at this pivotal point for the club.  Fair play if it does pay off down the line but such a risk.

It was risky and doesn't look to achieved anything but moving sideways so far but would Dean have stopped that run, would we have gone down, it may have saved us, who knows, I didn't want Gerrard, I wanted us to aim higher but now he is here I've seen glimpses of what could be and we must see what the summer brings. I do think Purslow will be ruthless though, he, Nas and Wes want what we want and they will do what needs to be done to get there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Did you think smith was a weak appointment? Two appointments i think uts a bit too soon to say that.

Gerrard hasnt been great but we need to give him abit of time. Even chelsea spurs and liverpool dont get it right. It happens. Its just if its 5 or 6 failure managers in a row.

I think purslow is doing well

He appointed Hodgson at Liverpool as well

Â