Christian Purslow

villan-scott

It's too early to sack SG yet, but if it happens, what do you think NSWE will do about Purslow?

On one hand, SG, was his man. It's easy to see the owners blaming him for getting the wrong man, maybe blaming him for two  in a row given that Deano was hired on his watch, too.

On the other hand, he's gotten so much else right. Most importantly, he's a smooth operator in the transfer market.

I'd still keep him. But what will NSWE do? I suspect they'll keep him, but it's not guaranteed.

• Like 1

The lifespan of modern day managers at a club is  no more than 2-3 years (Klopp and Pep the only ones over 4 years at their clubs).  He got the Smith hire correct - took us to the PL and kept us there.  SG created PR buzz and attracted top talent to the club. Unfortunately, the play on the field has not met expectations. Don't think Purslow gets the ax just because of that.

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure what you mean what do we do with purslow? You dont sack your CEO because of one bad appointment!

He keeps his job and get next guy in. Purslow has made two appointments we can all agree smith was a huge success. So why would we sack him if the gerrard appointment doesnt work?

Completely agree, especially with everything else going on, the off the pitch growth, the stadium redevelopment, the infrastructure at the club etc so much is going right for the club... Apart from the football

• Like 2

I was surprised he didn’t do a statement similar to the Jack one for Moneymaker’s transfer, especially considering his ‘best 16 in the country’ comments he said when we signed him. 

With SG situation I just hope they are swift with a decision (back him or sack him) and that Purslow doesn’t let ‘personal’ stuff get in the way of said decision.

30 minutes ago, burchy said:

I was surprised he didn’t do a statement similar to the Jack one for Moneymaker’s transfer, especially considering his ‘best 16 in the country’ comments he said when we signed him. 

With SG situation I just hope they are swift with a decision (back him or sack him) and that Purslow doesn’t let ‘personal’ stuff get in the way of said decision.

It would be embarrassing for the CEO to start putting out statements re the sale of one of the academy. No need.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It would be embarrassing for the CEO to start putting out statements re the sale of one of the academy. No need.

Exactly. Makes us look bitter. He chose not sign we gut 20m for the kid. Lets move on. I dont even care anymore. My main focus is villa now not some some chelsea kid who is probably going to flop there and rarely play

• Like 2

Â