Christian Purslow

villan-scott

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Well, him being offered another role in the club because he's not needed in his current role is kinda being gotten rid of, no?

That's the exact opposite of being rid of...  

Seems to me that NSWE have lost patience with what was going on before. Nas stepped in with the manager and with that working out well it seems like the top brass have made the decision that Purslow wasn't working out too well overall and so has replaced him with a new man. I like the fact they are not just settling for second best and trying to improve us all over the club. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Well, him being offered another role in the club because he's not needed in his current role is kinda being gotten rid of, no?

Purslow has been much less visible since the Gerrard sacking, and it's not exactly a surprise he's gone now. Wish him well but can't pretend I'm sad he's out of the club.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue
  • Like 2

Hard to argue with the clubs decision to remove him from the football side of things given our run under Emery since.

Good on Purslow to decide a non-football role is not for him and stepping down.

Overall did a good job - but I wonder if it's the appointment of Gerrard that undid him.

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

“You are currently our CEO, but we are going in a new direction and would like to offer you a position in accounts. Are you interested, Christian?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Delphouneso said:

So who fights our corner in PL meetings and such now? Heck? Unai? Nas?

Are you suggesting that  Purslow's skillset is replaced by three people in different ways?

On a more serious note,  he's  overseen a lot of progress and leaves us much better than when he arrived. And I'm  sure he'll be missed in those PL meetings as he knows the business  and the league well.

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Being offered a demotion generally isn't well received. I'm assuming it was CFO/CCO (possibly on a group level)... 

Oh wow, grateful for the work he did and how he helped restore our status, as well as all the improvements made off the field.

Mistakes were made regarding the football side (pursuing a clown of a manager, Drinkwater) but no one’s perfect (except Unai 🤣).

I wonder what the real reason for his departure is, we can only speculate.

Farewell and good luck to him.

Just now, Dale said:

Being offered a demotion generally isn't well received. I'm assuming it was CFO/CCO (possibly on a group level)... 

Does anyone know it was a demotion or what the role was?  No...  More conspiracy theories.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll be sad to see him go. He represented Aston Villa very well and fought hard to get us back to a respectable position in the Premier League. It does worry me slightly that we’ve lost some of things he contributes, but I trust NSWE completely. I’m sure they’ve evaluated the new strategy to death and know what they’re doing. 

Purslow did a good job, good luck to him in future. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Its not the same because your example ia onw of our greatest players of the modern era and the other is a keeper who hasnt played for us for almost two years.

Purslow ans lange have been had crucial roles at the club but i just think purslow adds more value. Whenervee i see lange at pressers he looks deeply uncomfortable and im not convinced with him 100%

I clearly haven't got my point across very well and it's not really important anyway so I'll just leave it 

His tenure at Villa has been fantastic. The club is now in a better place because of his work. Our finances, standing and influence in the footballing world has rapidly improved, all because of Purslow. 

however, footballing decisions have been underwhelming. In the five years at the club our recruitment hasn’t been particularly stellar. It’s been good, but we’ve spent a lot to just be good. Most  (not all) of our biggest spends in the transfer market have been “disappointing”.  Wesley, Coutinho, Bailey, Buendia, Digne and Ings haven’t or isn’t working out here. where 3 of them were considered as our “Jack Grealish replacements” Where all has probably lost their asset value. This could be pinned on lange and the managers, but he was their boss, the responsibility ultimately lays with him. In particular with Gerrard, which was his prized recruit, that began the beginning of this decision. When the owners had to step in and fire Gerrard and recruit a manger who put us back on track, purslow was ****, game over.

Brilliant at the corporate and media side of the business, underwhelming on the football aspect 

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Does anyone know it was a demotion or what the role was?  No...  More conspiracy theories.  

He was CEO and then offered a new role. Can you think of a more senior role than CEO? No? A demotion, then. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He hired Smith and Gerrard.  So.... one good, and one bad?

You reckon Smith was a good appointment? Grealish kept him in a job until he left. What has happened to Smith since that!

Purslow was absolutely hated at Liverpool and look what happened to the bin dippers since Purslow left!

Correct decision by the Villa owners.

Well i think he did a good job, and i wish him all the best.

The progress we’ve made during his tenure has been magnificent. I’ll forgive him for Gerrard as he got it right with Smith, I’ll forgive him for Coutinho as he got it right with Kamara. 

Overall I’d give him 7/10 as there were more positives than negatives and he provided stability to the club at a time when it was seriously needed.

• Like 1

Gerrard was 100% Purslow's doing as was the signing of Coutinho ( look at the way he announced it as the players awards ) ultimatly SG being a failure was going to cost him. I imagine after swapping manager midseason we didn't want more upheaval hence he was kept around but minute SG left he was effectively gone as well.

Â