Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

1 minute ago, Skruff said:

Yes. In some of the matches he has made an apperance he's been quite brillant. I expected him to future a lot more this season actually 

As for Tammy. He's still here. If there was anything concrete something would have happend by now, surely ?

He is something else and changes the game imo.

Tammy we should know soon (Maybe before 14th Jan).

It's disruption to our season,but it's cool. Maybe one day we can do the same to them.

3 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I feel it is Wolves trying to steal the mantle of Midlands top dogs and stay there by throwing a huge spanner in our promotion push mixed in with seeing a striker on fire in the League below and also attempting to make a statement both locally and nationally... at our expense. They know damn well it would derail our chances of promotion and that suits them down to the ground whilst at the same time potentially improving their squad (Although judging by his lack of chances at Chelsea and not overly impressive season at Swansea that is not a certainty!)

I fully expect this kind of "unfriendly neighbour" act to happen repeatedly whilst we are stuck in the lower leagues as our rivals would love to overtake and stay ahead of us after years of being in our shadow. The Tesco bags often attempt to hijack our dealings too if many reports are to be believed (yes i know most are made up).

I have to say i cannot really remember us doing anything similar to them in my time of supporting Villa. We kind of left them alone but then we always were the class act in the region.

Spot on Sir.

There’s probably still some ill feeling about us enquiring to the football league about their set up (not that we were the only ones to do that, but hey, let’s overlook that small detail).

Not that I believe that is the motivation behind their interest, but there will be a fair few who see it as an added bonus. 

They want Tammy because he’s a prospect that they think they can develop further. Not much else to it really.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I feel it is Wolves trying to steal the mantle of Midlands top dogs and stay there by throwing a huge spanner in our promotion push mixed in with seeing a striker on fire in the League below and also attempting to make a statement both locally and nationally... at our expense. They know damn well it would derail our chances of promotion and that suits them down to the ground whilst at the same time potentially improving their squad (Although judging by his lack of chances at Chelsea and not overly impressive season at Swansea that is not a certainty!)

I fully expect this kind of "unfriendly neighbour" act to happen repeatedly whilst we are stuck in the lower leagues as our rivals would love to overtake and stay ahead of us after years of being in our shadow. The Tesco bags often attempt to hijack our dealings too if many reports are to be believed (yes i know most are made up).

I have to say i cannot really remember us doing anything similar to them in my time of supporting Villa. We kind of left them alone but then we always were the class act in the region.

I think you’re reading a bit too much into it. Wolves need to score more goals, Abraham is having a good season and his parent club look willing to do a deal. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

wolves offering him £120k a week according to some papers ( yeah pinch of salt required)

if true football is well and truly broken 

You must have missed us under MON era almost 10 years ago already when we were giving the most average of players 50k like it was nothing. 

47 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

wolves offering him £120k a week according to some papers ( yeah pinch of salt required)

if true football is well and truly broken 

Hes on loan so he will be paid the amount contracted from his parent club, the same he will have received with us.

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Hes on loan so he will be paid the amount contracted from his parent club, the same he will have received with us.

Think blues were paying Gallagher double his Southampton salary last season. 

Got to love Arry

The latest couple of BBC reports I’ve read on Wolves matches, suggested that they weren’t creating many chances. Even in a very good win at Spurs the reporter said despite scoring three, those were their only chances. They said this was becoming a concern. Now I’m as sceptical as the next man when it comes to journalism, but it wasn’t a piece that was particularly knocking Wolves, or indeed doing the usual bigging up/making excuses for Spurs or other of their favourites. So perhaps Tammy, if he goes there, may not get the same service he has enjoyed with us this season. 

Wolves have suddenly become some sort of wonder team in some people’s eyes, particularly their own. They’ve done very well and I hope we can progress in similar fashion, but the hype is a little over the top and perhaps they are starting to believe it themselves. Half a season in the PL and they think they’re Barcelona, or perhaps it’s Brazil since they’ve decided to play in yellow?  Let’s see where they are in 5 years time. Form is temporary, class is permanent. 

• Like 1

I think Chelsea would be more concerned with selling to a Wolves side who still have to play City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd, therefore potentially taking valuable points from Chelsea's top four rivals, than Wolves would be concerned with preventing Villa from success. Wolves will view this deal as a means to push on to European placing this season.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think blues were paying Gallagher double his Southampton salary last season. 

Got to love Arry

Bless him. We’ve been miss managed on a truly monumental scale over the last few years, but at least we avoided that slimy, cockney crook. SHA lost around £37m 2017/18, Harry’s dog bought a new 8 bedroom kennel. You couldn’t make it up, SHA the gift that keeps on giving 😀  

Villa suddenly become relevant again to the wolves fans ! Would enjoy seeing what Tammy can do upfront for us ,  then again if it’s just to improve a Chelsea player and not our own I don’t really see the point . Let’s face it , we will most likely finish in the top ten anyway this season . Then come the end of the season with top six ambitions I’m sure we will be looking for a more prolific striker than Tammy off uncle Jorge ,  as so far he hasn’t cut the mustard when previously in the greed league. 

As far as villa goes I doubt we are that concerned about you , as you are that far behind us now it would have no benefit or  make no sense derailing your promotion hopes . I don’t think you will make it up this season anyway even with keeping Tammy as your just not consistent enough and seem to ship a shed load of goals , but all the best for the future :) UTW

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The latest couple of BBC reports I’ve read on Wolves matches, suggested that they weren’t creating many chances. Even in a very good win at Spurs the reporter said despite scoring three, those were their only chances. They said this was becoming a concern. Now I’m as sceptical as the next man when it comes to journalism, but it wasn’t a piece that was particularly knocking Wolves, or indeed doing the usual bigging up/making excuses for Spurs or other of their favourites. So perhaps Tammy, if he goes there, may not get the same service he has enjoyed with us this season. 

Wolves have suddenly become some sort of wonder team in some people’s eyes, particularly their own. They’ve done very well and I hope we can progress in similar fashion, but the hype is a little over the top and perhaps they are starting to believe it themselves. Half a season in the PL and they think they’re Barcelona, or perhaps it’s Brazil since they’ve decided to play in yellow?  Let’s see where they are in 5 years time. Form is temporary, class is permanent. 

Good point. Whilst Tammy has scored a lots he's missed a boatload too. 

We've been creating so many chances he's been able to miss a lot and still score a lot. 

How will he be when chances are few and far between. 

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Well I’d like to think that the chances of us building a team good enough to get promoted, after losing a player, who whilst on great form, we only had on loan for a few months, was at least as good as building a team that won the league and became Champions of Europe. 

At the time Andy Gray was a huge star who was established as one of the best strikers in the top division. Tammy will be missed, if he goes, but is hardly irreplaceable. 

You're right that chances should be for us getting promoted, rather than winning Europe. But recent evidence suggests contrary.

If Tammy leaves, we have zero chance of replacing him with the same output.

Edited by AVTuco

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

One of my least favourite sayings. In every context that it is used. You're only as good as your last game in sport.

If Jesse Owens had paid any attention to the eugenics movement in the U.S, then yes class might of remained permanent, and athleticism would be worse of for it.

If Arnold Schwarzenegger had listened to his father who wanted him to remain in Austria and become a policemen like his father had been, sport also would have suffered.

If Fred Hampton, MLK Jnr, Malcom X, Bobby Hutton had listened to the saying that class is permanent. Think of where we might be.

Not even sorry to go off topic here, as, if you can't tell already, I hate that saying!

Â